1. Default A question about luminous skills calculation

Hi guys. Today I calculate the dps of spectral light, reflection and apocalypse. I found that under attack speed (3), reflection has the highest dps, spectral light comes second and apocalypse comes last. Calculation:
    Spectral light takes 180ms to enter attacking state and continuously attack for 7.8s and finally takes 620ms to finish. So that's 60 hits in 8.6 second, considering the initialization time and ending time. So, 1.5*340*60/8.6=3558.

Reflection(after reinforce): 1020ms under normal attack speed(6), 840ms under attack speed (3). 420*4*1.5+1.2*1/0.84=3600

Apocalypse(after reinforce): 1530ms at attack speed (6), 1230ms under attack speed (3). 7*340*1.5*1.2/1.23=3483

So reflection is better than spectral light??!! Or am I wrong somewhere?

Thank you!

2. Default Re: A question about luminous skills calculation

The plus sign for Reflection is wrong, it should be multiply. But it doesn't change numbers.

From JoeTang's calculations, Reflection is marginally poorer than Spectral Light, but it's difficult to make Spectral Light cast perfectly. Reflection has multiple advantages over Spectral Light in a real battle, so keep that in mind.

Apocalypse IIRC has better hits/s than Reflection.

Hadriel

3. Default Re: A question about luminous skills calculation

Thank you for replying, hadriel.

Can you explain a bit more? Why is reflection marginally poorer than spectral light and why is apocalypse has better hits/s than reflection? Any supporting calculation(you may give me the link of the JoeTang)? Or am I wrong somewhere? Note that my calculation is under attack speed (3), which is a lot faster than normal. Reflection is only better than spectral light under this attack speed.

4. Default Re: A question about luminous skills calculation

Reflection is marginally poorer than Spectral Light only because JoeTang uses slightly different start-up and ending animation timings. Those 2 are affected by booster.

Apocalypse is 7 hits every 1.23 seconds => 5.69 hits/s
    Reflection is 4 hits every 0.84 seconds => 4.76 hits/s

hits/s is relevant only if you cap.

Hadriel

5. Default Re: A question about luminous skills calculation

"Reflection is marginally poorer than Spectral Light only because JoeTang uses slightly different start-up and ending animation timings. Those 2 are affected by booster."
    The timing I used is under attack speed (4) however I've noticed that they're not affected by attack speed. Otherwise spectral light would have higher DPS than all other skills.
    Can you give the link of JoeTang's calculation please?

Ok I see but DPS of apocalypse is still lower since the damage of each hit is much lower.

6. Default Re: A question about luminous skills calculation

He has his own program, of which I can't remember which ancient post it was where he described how his program worked. It's basically a stochastic multiple-sampling, strawman-punching calculation that factors in RNG etc. See here for results: http://www.southperry.net/showthread...=1#post1079756

Hadriel

7. Default Re: A question about luminous skills calculation

Specter light is worst than reflection cuz every 10 sec it pause itself you have to recast it and that take 2-3 sec delay

reflection is so much better even tho is a little slower you can hit the whole map easy and it has much higher dmg % than specter light