Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default AD carry + Support Synergy

Going to turn all of this information later into a chart that shows which AD carry + support work best together, which works okay together, which don't work too well together. Some of it I already know while some of it I don't have a clue on. Here are some examples of what I'm looking for

Leona
    ====
    Works best with: Corki, graves
    Works okay with:
    Doesn't work too well with:

Alistar
    ====
    Works best with: Vayne, tristana
    Works okay with:
    Doesn't work too well with:

Soraka
    ====
    Works best with: Sivir, ashe
    Works okay with:
    Doesn't work too well with

And yea. Unconventional supports or AD carry or other bot lane combinations will be added as well. For example, supports that aren't "true supports" and usually switch to a different build later e.g. nidalee, gangplank, malphite

2. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: AD carry + Support Synergy

Nunu support, works fine with champs that rely on dps (Like vayne/ashe i think). Also, dem slowww.

3. Default Re: AD carry + Support Synergy

Soraka/Ashe isn't "exceptional" synergy, it's just that Soraka's the best burst sustain support available - if you want synergy with Soraka you pair her with mana-hungry champions generally. Soraka/Kog is a lane I run from time to time, Soraka/Ezreal is pretty good, and @Purplefire44 and I run Soraka/Varus with great success. Soraka/Graves is probably one of the most difficult lanes to burst down. Taric/Graves doesn't take much damage because of Shatter (you'll notice Graves works with a lot of things, this isn't a co-incidence). Vayne/Taric and Vayne/Alistar are two good "stun" lanes if the support disables near a wall. Nunu/Kog is a good lane because it means more AAs with BAB on. I guess you COULD do Nunu/Ashe, but I wouldn't recommend. When it comes to Janna I'm impartial to Janna/Ashe, I'm not too well-versed with Janna but she also works very much like Soraka since she's the best support for avoiding damage being done to the carry which is quite important. With Tristana I would use poke supports like Lulu and Sona. The only lane I'm really comfortable with running as Leona is Leona/Corki but that's a me thing. And as always, Spellsy does a better job than I when it comes to explaining good bot lane synergies.

4. Default Re: AD carry + Support Synergy

SORAKA INSTANTLY SYNERGIZES WITH EVERY RANGED AD

TRUFACT

5. Default Re: AD carry + Support Synergy

Nunu works well with champs that lack an AS steroid and/or any way to stick to champs (Ashe is the first, Vayne is the second). Works poorly with Ezreal

Soraka support works well with Ezreal since he's so mana-hungry.

Malph works well with champs without any way to stick to champs and is great at shutting down champs that rely on attack speed. Bad at babying champs like Vayne and Ezreal though.

Orianna is a good blitz counter. So she'd logically be good with champs that are bad against blitz.

6. Default Re: AD carry + Support Synergy

Soraka is ideal for passive gameplay.
    Blitzcrank, Leona for more aggressive gameplay.
    Taric for a middle-of-the road between aggressive and passive gameplay.

More or less. There are exceptions, such as Ezreal with Soraka should be more aggressive because Soraka can give the mana back.

I can only see it if you think about just dropping your Ball in a brush so that there's not that "'wher's Blitzcrank?' -grabbed- 'ther he is'" factor.

7. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Dem ball i guess? stick the ball to the one being pulled and she can combo from there i guess.

8. Default Re: AD carry + Support Synergy

Yup. Free perma-ward with your ball. Plus, if your carry gets grabbed the shield gets there faster which can actually mean a lot.

9. Default Re: AD carry + Support Synergy

I would then say it's more of another layer of security rather than a counter.

10. Default Re: AD carry + Support Synergy

Something that at least slightly counters blitz's grabs for free (which nothing else does besides maybe a Yorick support and those ghouls aren't free) counts as a counter to me. Free way to give vision of the bush, shield the carry, and slow blitz and the enemy carry which will effectively nullify his Overdrive (Dissonance is more at every rank).

Please tell me what is a counter to him if Orianna isn't?

11. Default Re: AD carry + Support Synergy

Sight in general? Orianna can just work since she has a "free" ward that doubles as a shield. Otherwise dropping a ward in a brush works just as well.

EDIT: I get what you're saying, but it's just sight in general that diminishes Blitz's value. A Janna with sight wards could do the same thing. :/

12. Default Re: AD carry + Support Synergy

Yes but it's free which lets you either ward other places or maintain your wards for longer, and you can use it to shield/slow.

OR YOU COULD PUT EVE IN THERE!
    actually pre-revamp support eve is the best counter to blitz. she's a ward and she can just stand between blitz and her carry.

gold that the gold-starved support could be using on other things.
    also the wards don't slow and shield.

13. Default Re: AD carry + Support Synergy

Like more wards? I see what you mean, but it's not like Orianna is the only way to obtain sight in a brush. I mean, I suppose she would be a solid "counter" to Blitz in like lower ELO (and Normal draft pick) where the players would benefit from having a ward with that utility, but I feel like for high elo/"pro" play they would be able to just use wards and be fine.

14. Default Re: AD carry + Support Synergy

This pretty much invalidates any point you can make about supports. You don't get them at all.

15. Default Re: AD carry + Support Synergy

Supports are much harder up for gold than the solo lanes and they have no quick way to make it early game since their gold gain is based strictly off time. And yeah, a double GP10 build with avarice quints and seals and the GP10 mastery will get you to 30.25 GP10. A minion wave is worth at least 117 gold depending on if there is a siege minion and what point in the game it is, and comes every 30 seconds. 90.75 gold every 30 seconds for the support, 156 gold per wave at the minimum with no missed CS for a carry. Less than 60% of a solo lane's gold stream if somehow you manage to get 2 GP10 items before 5 minutes and it goes downhill from there.

Also if you're meaning that the support is going to have to get wards anyhow, I'd suggest you read what I said to Jamesie in that post. If you have a free ward with the ball that's one more place you don't have to ward and one more ward every 3 minutes to use on tribush or the river.

16. Default Re: AD carry + Support Synergy

pineappleing taric and graves, manly support with manly ad carry, amiright

17. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Where the hell is that support gif? I can't find it.

18. Default Re: AD carry + Support Synergy

Yes, but to save 75 gold every three minutes you give up many of the things that make a support good. If you leave the ball there you can't use the haste/slow as effectively. You have no CC. A shield is not the only thing that makes a support good.