1. Default How far is a 50 range increase?

With Hyperskills around the corner and Hurricane gaining an extra 50 range I would really like to know how much more it actually is.
    I could not find it myself, but can someone provide me with that range simulator that Fiel uses for the skills?
    If it is not to much trouble I would like to see 2 screens.
    1 with the old Hurricane range and the other with the extra 50 range.

Thanks in advance!

2. Default Re: How far is a 50 range increase?

Its basicly nothing, not worth putting points into unless you have no better options. Just think of teleport range distance you get for lvling up teleport mastery and cut it in half.

as you can see its almost NOTHING. Waste of passive skill point if you got something more useful.
    I know its probably not 100% correct but Im not gonna reset my points to test it again, had it at level 143 and it sucked.
    Last edited by Even; 2013-01-25 at 08:31 AM. Reason: added screenshot

3. Default Re: How far is a 50 range increase?

I hear FA is not included in the increase in range, making this hyper upgrade rather sucky.

4. Default Re: How far is a 50 range increase?

Thanks a heap!
    And if FA indeed does not work at the same range that would be rather...strange.

5. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: How far is a 50 range increase?

I'll confirm FA does not get extended either. Since a ton of BM damage comes from Phoenix (after hypers) and AFA, you should never be at that distance anyway making it worthless.

6. Default Re: How far is a 50 range increase?

It should barely outrange Irena's arrow rain with the boost.
    Without the range boost you barely outrange Eckhart's web, but that should more than enough range.

7. Default Re: How far is a 50 range increase?

It helps a lot with Bodyguard A, except FA doesn't apply to the range increase.
    Good thing Majestic Presence will for Corsairs

8. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: How far is a 50 range increase?

Range increase doesnt work with AFA? What a worthless upgrade. Thanks Nexon.

9. Default Re: How far is a 50 range increase?

I wonder who in the Skillz department decided 50 was the way to go, it seems they just arbitrarily used it for any of the distance increasing Hyper Skills. The teleport one for I/L comes to mind, which is laughable when you compare it to something like Luminous' teleport.

10. Default Re: How far is a 50 range increase?

Except you don't need it as a bow master to bodyguard successfully.

Also, Mercedes shoot further than bowmasters with the Ishtars Ring upgrade, noticeable places are Horntail's cave when you stand on the platform by the right hand. Then you attack the left hand from that right hand side. Hurricane can't do that but isthar's Extended range can.

11. Default Re: How far is a 50 range increase?

As a Merc, I can find it pretty useful despite that AFA's range doesn't get extended with it, but such is the drawback of it, oh well.
    But anyway, that extra 50 pixel range can make it easier for you to out range the annoyances of some monsters and more of it. That's pretty much the difference and ability of it.
    Best examples would be being out of range of BGA's constant stun punches as well as the some of the Dojo bosses that can cast status ailments on you. At the very least with it, you won't give them a chance to cast anything on you by being a bit further away and not aggroing anything.