1. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Chaos Falcon Wing Cape or leave it clean?

This is probably a pretty dumb question, but I'll ask anyway.

So thanks to a certain someone, I got a Falcon Wing Cape, which I hear is very difficult to craft because of how rare Dream Fragments are. I'm leaning towards leaving it the way it is (its stats are average, +7 all and 1 attack clean) because I REALLY don't want to potentially "ruin" something rare a cool buddy gave me for no cost.

Would you guys suggest otherwise, though?

2. Default Re: Chaos Falcon Wing Cape or leave it clean?

Go big or go home!

3. Default Re: Chaos Falcon Wing Cape or leave it clean?

I don't know your dex/attack ratio, but for me it's better to scroll using the 4dex scrolls from the shop than using chaos scrolls unless I get over 15att. And if you are trying to get that much att, it'll be expensive.

4. Proton

IGN: darkqthunder, xSilentShadx
    Job: w/e I feel like
    Guild: LexTallionis

Default Re: Chaos Falcon Wing Cape or leave it clean?

Personally, I don't think 1 attack makes enough difference for that to be considered a big risk, and capes are somewhat lacking in other possible effective scrolling methods so I'd think: "I'm going to chaos this eventually so why not now?"

EDIT: @above: Wow you must have an insane amount of attack. Also, it's expensive and requires significant effort to perfect using 20%s from renegades shop but if that works then go for it.

5. Default Re: Chaos Falcon Wing Cape or leave it clean?

you're welcome :v

6. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    Nebraska

^ thanking you a thousand times over again, craig C:

I'm definitely not going for anything huge, just wanting to replace my current cape (6% allstat Green Giles, no additional stats), but another problem is that I'm trying not to spend money on cubes anymore (because I simply can't afford to buy NX for potential anymore) so that's gonna be pretty hard to pull off, probably.

I've got 87% DEX right now, if I'm not wearing the two Empress pieces I currently have (clean cape + 5 att hat, no DEX potential), unless you're referring to the actual additional DEX vs total attack (in which case, it's 1217 DEX and 314 attack, 334 attack with Concentrate).
    Last edited by MariettaRC; 2012-08-20 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Miscalculated my ATT number.

7. Proton

IGN: darkqthunder, xSilentShadx
    Job: w/e I feel like
    Guild: LexTallionis

Scrolling for DEX implies its the ratio of DEX:attack, which seems to be about 5 for you so a 7 att gain is about the same as 36 dex gain from renegades 20%. (Also, not sure but that number for attack seems low to me, you have to include skills (80 attack for BM with 30 blessing I think?))
    There's also the option of chaos scrolling the first slot(s) nicely and then using renegades scrolls.

8. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    Nebraska

Bluh, right, forgot about those. Fixed that.

Also, I have 24 blessing and have only heard about it being able to go up to 30, how does that happen?

Forgive me, I'd been away from the game until a week ago.

9. Default Re: Chaos Falcon Wing Cape or leave it clean?

There's a quest you can do on your Cygnus Knight where you kill a weakened Arkarium to raise your Blessing level 1 level each time you kill him. Max is 30.

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

you go on your cygnus and kill the cygnus-only version of akyrum., do that 7 times (one to do the quest, 6 to get the item that levels it per run)

as for the cape, since you plan to use it and not sell it, i'd do as was suggested, calculate your dex/att ratio, and see which kind of scrolling is better, assumming 1 attack per chaos (which is already pretty lucky)

and don't forget to try and max dilligence for extra scroll success btw (random input) or have someone scroll it for you.

11. Default Re: Chaos Falcon Wing Cape or leave it clean?

It's around 10att. I forgot how many slots a empress cape had.

You'd need around 9 att on the cape, and that's hard. Scrolling for dex is cheaper since you can do it for free with clean slates and the scrolls from the shop, but it requires a lot of effort. Remember that we'll get more shops though...on Tempest and maybe we'll get the 9th anniversary shop with 20% clean slates too.

12. Default Re: Chaos Falcon Wing Cape or leave it clean?

Chaos it.

YOLO.

13. Default Re: Chaos Falcon Wing Cape or leave it clean?

Chances are it'll go to 0 attack when you chaos it, so I wouldn't risk it.

14. Default Re: Chaos Falcon Wing Cape or leave it clean?

I would not chaos capes seeing as they are the most expensive part of the set. I would chaos the hat/overall/shoes until you get some decent results then work on the cape. But if you do chaos the cape and it goes the 0 attack keep it, you can always fuse it with another cape that has 0 attack.

15. Default Re: Chaos Falcon Wing Cape or leave it clean?

If you're able to afford to innocent scroll it whenever it goes down to 0 atk, I'd go for it.
    If not, I would go as previously suggested and use 20% renegades armor dex's.

16. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

spam 15% atk for armor on it with maxed diligence

17. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    Nebraska

Man, I forgot those were a thing. I probably won't be able to afford those, though.

I want to go with Renegade scrolls, but it seems like that's going to be insanely expensive too if I want a good amount of those to work (white scroll prices and my lack of NX). Definitely a safer option than chaosing, though, it seems... chaosing is cheaper but with the possibility of it losing stats.

18. Default Re: Chaos Falcon Wing Cape or leave it clean?

Losing 1 attack is not going to hamper you or anything of the sort. Try your luck!

19. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

My cape came clean with 2 attack and I haven't chaosed it. I am not sure if I want to, but I'm leaning towards dex scrolls.

20. Default Re: Chaos Falcon Wing Cape or leave it clean?

I'd chaos it, since the base attack is only 1 you have much more to gain than you have to lose. If you get a decent amount of attack (I'd say 5-8) you could finish it off with DEX scrolls.