1. Default Formulas seem inaccurate now

I'm wondering if the post BB range calculation formulas are correct. I have a spreadsheet I made that utilizes the formulas and it's pretty close to what's reflected on southperry's damage calculator... but both are waaay off as to the range I see on screen for my Battlemage. Anybody have any insight into this? were the weapon multipliers increased?

2. Default Re: Formulas seem inaccurate now

Did you factor things in from your link skills or other skills?
    Maybe you forgot about battle mastery in 3rd job?
    None of the weapon multipliers have been changed since the chaos patch as far as I know. (That changed bows and 2H Axe/Sword/BW I think)

EDIT: Scrap that, apparently Battle Mastery doesn't show up in range. I could've sworn it does.

If you're working it out your range buffed with Body Boost, it's probably because BB is glitched right now.

3. Default Re: Formulas seem inaccurate now

Actually I think it does o_O when i factor it in, my calculations are within 3% of what the total is (with the +/- 3% for rounding numbers). I think that's what was missing. Anybody wanna verify?

4. Default Re: Formulas seem inaccurate now

Battle Mastery should show up in your range now. I distinctly remember a patch a while back made it so that virtually all damage boosts were shown in your range.

What are you including when you calculate you range?

5. Default Re: Formulas seem inaccurate now

Thank you for the confirmation. this is a screenshot of the spreadsheet:

"Front Page" is account constants / link skills... so the character card deck and link skills are entered on that sheet and then brought into the second sheet... I made this so I could compare damage from one item to the next before I made any purchasing decisions (the screenshot is only half the sheet).. I do a simply number replacement on the line I'm considering replacing and I can tell immediately if the item will raise or lower my damage. This will, of course, be useless soon since nexon will auto-calculate this and display the attack damage per item, but *meh*

6. Default Re: Formulas seem inaccurate now

For your title, Superior Hunter has 1 atk/matk, even though it doesn't show up in the description.

edit: Maple Warrior % should be calculated as +150 main stat. Not added to potential %.

7. Default Re: Formulas seem inaccurate now

actually, it is counted into potential.
    Pre-nova warrior 30:

post nova warrior 30:

I gained 416 str from 15% stat.

8. Default Re: Formulas seem inaccurate now

Yeah it's +150 x potential. So a quick way to check your %stat is just to check your stats before and after MW.

edit: This is of course, stronger than a 15% potential line, which is what RADRaze2KX was calculating it as in his pic.

9. Default Re: Formulas seem inaccurate now

Heh, that's useful... hadn't thought of doing that. It's not quite as straight forward when you don't have 999 stat though.

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Formulas seem inaccurate now

that's exactly what he meant actually, he meant it isn't additive with potential, but multiplicative. and only of base stats.

11. Default Re: Formulas seem inaccurate now

Forgive me for being less educated on the matter, but may I ask how you calculate that?

12. Default Re: Formulas seem inaccurate now

Take the difference and divide by 150. Then subtract 1.

13. Default Re: Formulas seem inaccurate now

Thank you I guess, but this doesn't work on secondary stats?

14. Default Re: Formulas seem inaccurate now

You'll probably get a huge rounding error for secondary stats.

edit: if you want to do secondary stats it's probably better to use max Mega Monkey Magic. Just switch the 150 to a 40.

15. Donator Straight Male
    panama

MW is base, so mega monkey magic is useless, and since most people will have at best 23 ap in secondary stat, the rounding error is indeed gonna be huge.

16. Default Re: Formulas seem inaccurate now

Well since actual change in stat is just [base change x potential]. We're just solving for potential here. So Mega Monkey Magic is usable since base change is known to be 40 and actual change is taken from the stat window.

17. Donator Straight Male
    panama

it still has a variance of 10-ish % though, it's probably easier and certainly more accurate to just count your equips for secondary stat.

18. Default Re: Formulas seem inaccurate now

It should be less than 2.5% off the actual value actually. You get multiples of 2.5% as possible values from X/40, where X is an integer. Of course the hard part would be finding someone to cast the buff.