1. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Default What to upgrade: Weapon or non-weapon equips?

So, I plan to get above the 50-60k clean range. I'm currently at 19-28k clean. Thing is, I am not sure what to improve on first:

My weapon: 154 epic Agares PA (Enhanced twice and u/h) and the potential is pretty lame

Or, my equips: 54% total str. 3% str equips: eye (kenta), shoulder (silent crusade), hat (targa), belt (escape pq belt). 6%: Cape (common lv 75 cape), Gloves (110 warrior gloves), Top (lv 100 warrior top) and Shoes (lv 100 warrior shoes). 9%: Earring (Half-earrings) and bottom (110 warrior bottom). I guess the last thing worth mentioning are all 3 evo rings + abr and 120 warrior symbol.

For some people, I heard that weapon must come first but I see these 12% top/bottom or earrings that are affordable for me. Not really sure what to do first. :/

2. Default Re: What to upgrade: Weapon or non-weapon equips?

If the top/bottoms are affordable, upgrade those first. Then i'd upgrade the weapon's potential.

3. Default Re: What to upgrade: Weapon or non-weapon equips?

What, facebook group not good enough for you anymore?

Weapon should come first, but don't go spending billions on it when your other gear is severely lacking (i.e perfect/unique+ weapon when other gear is all 3% stat or less).

Lots of text so putting it in a spoiler.
    Spoiler

4. Water

Default Re: What to upgrade: Weapon or non-weapon equips?

I wanted to post here for the first time. :/

I guess I can start from there. I'll wait until I get more to cube to unique stats. (going to be hard when I see 12% earrings for 400m)

A lotta' stuff but I guess I can follow this. The empress stuff though....I might get the helm, cape and gloves when I can afford it. For now though, I'll worry about the czak first and then go get the empress stuff once those potentials become helpful.

5. Default Re: What to upgrade: Weapon or non-weapon equips?

Should mention the instructors only drop this in recipe form, meaning you basically have to craft it yourself if you want one. It's also incredibly rare to even have one drop, meaning it's going to be expensive.

It's also expensive to craft:
    Lionheart Battle Cape (Lionheart Battle Cape Recipe) x1
    - Dream Fragment x200
    - Superior Abrasive x10
    - Magic Powder (Purple) x10
    - Superior Item Crystal x15

6. Water

You say this right when I'm about to sleep and before you're going to go empress.

*thinks to self* Next time....next time.

Oh well, going to start mp'ing to extract equips for superior item crystals. Idk about dream fragments. I'll look into that later. >.>

7. Default Re: What to upgrade: Weapon or non-weapon equips?

If Dream Fragments are anywhere near as expensive in GMS as they are in JMS, you're going to be spending either years grinding (Because they drop less than Time Fragments, which already have a low drop rate), or billions for them. In JMS they're up to something like 11m each, sometimes more.

That's not including the recipe, which can cost as much.

My cape cost me 2.7b in JMS, just to put the costs into perspective. Frags were 6m each when I bought mine (gone up a lot since), which totals 1.2b, and the cape recipe cost me 1.5b itself.

If you can afford it though, the buff is great if you don't already have a broken potential cape and have the rest of the set.

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

scania recipes go for about... 1 B each i think? and 10M the frag.

9. Default Re: What to upgrade: Weapon or non-weapon equips?

So he's looking at at least 3b for a cape, which is probably still expensive even in GMS.

10. Default Re: What to upgrade: Weapon or non-weapon equips?

I can't believe recipes are 1b in Scania. They're frequently under 200m in Broa.

Our dream fragments are still 5m+ though.

11. Water

It's 8m the last time I've checked in gali. 1.6b......I'll try not to worry too much about that for the next 6 months when I can actually afford that many. :/

12. Default Re: What to upgrade: Weapon or non-weapon equips?

Also doesn't help that the only recipe I've seen so far was a Bowman one.

13. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

@ShinkuDragonI've been in Scania for a month and not once have a seen a cape recipe for 1b. If anything 500m or less.
    And I've seen fully crafted capes for 1.7b or less.
    Edit: This thread makes me glad I got an extremely lucky break and got my lionheart cape(no recipe) for 130m.
    Last edited by Bomber; 2012-05-13 at 05:02 PM.

14. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

it's weird, mage ones were like 700~900M a month back, then they deflated, believe it or not the cape recipes change price pretty randomly.

15. Default Re: What to upgrade: Weapon or non-weapon equips?

All the cape recipes are pretty much under 200m now in Scania (I've only seen BM and Mage higher at like 300), with Empress itself dropping them frequently and being hacked.