Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Five Nights at Freedy's: The New, Trending Horror Indie Game (Demo is free!)

http://www.indiedb.com/games/five-nights-at-freddys

tl;dr

You're stuck in the security room with limited power. The doors to the left and right of you require power to shut. The security cameras you use require power to shut. There's stuffed animals that move around that want to stuff you into another doll. Which has wires and spikes that kill you.

2. Default Re: Five Nights at Freedy's: The New, Trending Horror Indie Game (Demo is free!)

man one of my friends already 34'd this and I don't even know what to think anymore.

3. Default Re: Five Nights at Freedy's: The New, Trending Horror Indie Game (Demo is free!)

Its always a strange feeling when you find out about a new game, and there is already some 34. Every damn time.

4. Helium Atom Male
    IGN: UhWut
    Server: Windia
    Level: 241
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: SquishyNoobs
    Alliance: Wings
    Virginia

Default Re: Five Nights at Freedy's: The New, Trending Horror Indie Game (Demo is free!)

Just thought I'd mention that the dev went from making Christian-based animations for kids to this nightmare fuel. Also the game is full of indirect sources of lore that people on /vg/ have even started to rip the sound files from the game (the incoherient talking that can be heard) and deciphering phrases like "The joy of creation." And various references to the animatronics. There's a lot more I want to say but I hate typing on a phone.

This game is really unique and set apart from the traditional horror game mechanics. You guys should check it out.

Oh and also the AI in this game is 2stronk watch out for the Freddy. I wasn't ready.

5. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Five Nights at Freedy's: The New, Trending Horror Indie Game (Demo is free!)

I think the idea and the game itself are really scary, my only complaint would be the excessively long intro. The voice acting was decent but who the hell would casually just be like "oh yeah, the animatronics move around at night and might try and force you into a suit full of sharp metal objects if they see you"

It just completely abandons common sense to try and be scary. What is the reason why you have extremely limited power? why the hell aren't the robots just turned off at night if they run the risk of killing or seriously maiming someone?

The idea is great, the execution could have been a hell of a lot better. It tries too hard. If they didn't try to explain it all away in that intro it would have been scarier because you don't know.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Something about this game suddenly grabbed my interest.

*browses the KYM image gallery for this game. Had some laughs. Decides to click some of the NSFW ones*

I did nazi this coming. Without saying too much because obviously I'll get warned/infracted here, I'll just link this instead.

Also looked at synopsis for game. Waiting until next Steam sale to nab this game for <$1.25

7. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Then there's 20/20/20/20 mode. Screw that noise...

Have you beaten the game? The lore is pretty much explained throughout all five nights. The robots are turned off at night, but they enter free-roaming mode during the night, because their servos lock up if turned off for too long. Granted there's more to it than that, but that would give spoilers.

8. Default Re: Five Nights at Freedy's: The New, Trending Horror Indie Game (Demo is free!)

9. Default Re: Five Nights at Freedy's: The New, Trending Horror Indie Game (Demo is free!)

Logic. Video games. Pick one.

10. Default Re: Five Nights at Freedy's: The New, Trending Horror Indie Game (Demo is free!)

from the videos ive seen of it, you basically just use all your designated power waiting to see if one of them has moved close enough to you and wait for rng to decide weither u move on to the next night or one of them kill you. All seems pretty boring until you get the jump scare.

ofc im not gonna buy it and tell you about the atmosphere because im a giant baby when it comes to horror :3

11. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Night 2. Fox nearly instantly kills you if you don't look at its cage often enough.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

VGCats had a comic of similar complaints. It's so coincidental it's nigh spoopy.

Spoiler

13. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

14. Default Re: Five Nights at Freedy's: The New, Trending Horror Indie Game (Demo is free!)

IF the damn place is full of robot animals that will essentially kill you if they see you at night? Why the pineapple does it need to be guarded in the first freaking place? Just put warning signs out so anyone going in does so on their own risk.

That was the first thing I thought about when I saw this game.