Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Are bishops scaled to account for their higher mastery like Evans? Also how would the numbers look accounting for Infinity?

2. Default

No, forgot they had that, but I did find I was using an incorrect value for their critical average for back when they had +50% from Holy Focus. I'll update this.

I just want to double check, Infinity is +10% every 4 seconds, such that after 4 seconds passes after using the skill, you do 1.1x damage, after 8 seconds, you do 1.2x, etc?

3. Default

Those are the values, but it's safe to assume they'll have buff mastery, so it becomes every 6 seconds for 60 seconds total

4. Default

Buff Mastery increases duration. Activation rate isn't duration.

5. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Well, at least Evans are better than BaMs at 70% DEF.

6. Default

yeah but for somereason the intervials go up from 4secs to 6 seconds. probably because it "recasts" itself this making the intervials 6 secs. combo attack does this too when charging orbs. you can tell cuz when the timer is low and the shadow is rising up. if u lose ur orbs then gain another one the shadow goes away. thus "recasting" it self with the new buff. cuz the multiplier keeps changing.

7. Default

yeah but for somereason the intervials go up from 4secs to 6 seconds. probably because it "recasts" itself this making the intervials 6 secs. combo attack does this too when charging orbs. you can tell cuz when the timer is low and the shadow is rising up. if u lose ur orbs then gain another one the shadow goes away. thus "recasting" it self with the new buff. cuz the multiplier keeps changing.

8. Default

Alright, I'll use that then. Gotta go to work now though. I'll have the numbers up in ~6 hours.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Uh... what the puck? How can BATTLE Mages be such fail tier in comparison with the silly dress wearing regular mages? Somewhere out there a Battle Mage is crying themselves to sleep. Got dang Linear Warriors, Quadratic Wizards trope.

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I thought dark shock and finisher were detrimental to DPS. Probably not finisher+tele, but dark shock totally is.

11. Default

I don't know how true this is..I've seen many other comparisons done by people that put Evans higher then I/l on DPS based on their buffs and energizer.

12. Default

I don't understand all the Evan hate though. They're not that far behind I/L's but they have supportive skills and 90% Stance.

Evans also have that 5% boss damage skill that they got with their update.

13. Default

Amp didn't affect my range when I added points into it.

14. Default

I forgot about Finisher. It adds 6%/s on 70% defense monsters. How is Dark Shock detrimental? Does anyone other than me even test these things?

I just found the delays for Cyclone and I think it's garbage now. I reoptimized it so it would do Teleport at 600ms while doing Twister Spin damage, but since it's 1080ms and has a long start up and end time, it lowers DPS by a very small amount.

I'm not sure you understand what %/s means.

The world is conspiring against me.

15. GLADIGATORS
    usa

On a single target? I dunno. I always thought it was originally (before release) beneficial but literally everybody everywhere kept posting that it wasn't. What's the %/s difference?

16. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Shh, shh. It's all in your mind. Continue the good work, my man.

17. Default

250%/s less on 0% defense, and 100%/s less on 70% defense.

It used to be like 25% slower, that's probably why people said it sucked.

18. Default

Also, Dark Shock substantially benefits from maxing Dark Genesis, which is a relatively late priority for bams, so most people don't see Dark Shock at full power.

19. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Popular excuse was the cast time being really long but it seems to have just been one of those community bred un-facts. Then again, most BaMs don't even use finishing blow most of the time anyway so it's not really surprising most people don't know what's the best attack % wise.

20. Default

Finishing Blow is the 4th job attack skill. The Finisher is the piece of pomegranate you get in 1st job that blows chunks.

I think I'm under reporting DPS for I/L and especially F/Ps because I don't account for Elemental Amplification, Arcane Aim, or Extreme Magic on the damage over time values. I'm fairly sure Arcane Aim would affect damage over time, but I'm not sure about Elemental Amplification and I doubt Extreme Magic does. Infinity should though, and that's way too complex to calculate.