IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Best ways to trade highly expensive items for mesos/NX

I asked the same question on basil and haven't gotten too far, except with the idea of collateral (some people mentioned middlemen but I find that to potentially cause more problems). The main question I've got is: how do we trade in a way that prevents a scam from occurring? Another question is: What would the most streamline and non-problematic way of trading be? For example, I've got a belt that's 15% Str, and 12 attack. Someone agreed to buy it for 3.8 bil or whatever that's worth in NX. How would that trade go so that there's no hassle involved? Thanks for the answers.

2. Default Re: Best ways to trade highly expensive items for mesos/NX

It's easier in mesos because you can trade mesos as well as collateral. There's no way to safely trade NX anymore now that MTS is gone.

3. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Default Re: Best ways to trade highly expensive items for mesos/NX

What about using Paypal? I see people selling items in shops titled "Offer in Paypal" or something like that.

And what about if an item worth about 10 bil mesos? It would involve about 5 separate trades potentially. Sheesh.

I've traded an item for NX gifts (sets of cubes) too. I guess I've answered my own question lol.

4. Default Re: Best ways to trade highly expensive items for mesos/NX

I mean, if you want SAFE, the only thing to do is mesos. ("Official") middlemen can make it less risky, but there's no way to do NX or money safely. Paypal is the worst because their policies are absolute garbage for online buying/selling. Actually, paypal is pretty much the worst *period*.

5. Default Re: Best ways to trade highly expensive items for mesos/NX

Paypal is absolutely the easiest way to get scammed. Do NOT use paypal for MMO-related transactions. Your absolute best bet is to use mesos. Buying apples or something that has a pretty solid non-fluctuating price is the way to go.

6. Default Re: Best ways to trade highly expensive items for mesos/NX

What's wrong with using collateral? Say you're selling a belt to someone for 3b. You guys talk it out and agree on the value of some other item he has, e.g. his shoes for 1b. He trades 2b + shoes to you at the same time you trade your belt to him. Then he trades 1b more for the shoes back. It's easy and risk free.

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i find collateral annoying, especially since my guildies usually get their collat stolen, i usually try to gain their trust and have the other guy go first. otherwise use items with a known meso value (say scrolls)

i don't use paypal, but from what it seems, you can pretty much 100% chargeback if you want. and well, official middlemen involves you going to "sites" to look for their services.

and eww man, your thread got me suspended for a day :(

8. Default Re: Best ways to trade highly expensive items for mesos/NX

I don't know about other servers, but you could try using B Rank Nebulites as a form of payment. They always seem pretty stable and aren't that hard to resell.

9. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Thanks. Now I know Paypal is awful when it comes to this.
    I don't think there's much wrong with collateral and your example is great. It's just that it's not always easy to be sure if those shoes are indeed worth 1b mesos, they could be much more or much less. They could also be duped which also complicates things. But yes, this is probably the method with the lowest risk.
    I guess Paypal is useful if you're about to quit and you want to chargeback for real money. And sorry my thread got you banned :P. That troll guy ruined the whole thing and I got up today and saw a warning from Mr.Bot, thread was gone for some reason o__O. Oh yeah, I also got banned: "Moderator: Trading items for NX is illegal in GMS at this point. You cannot ask for information or give people information on how it's done.". Sure it is illegal Basil. If breathing was illegal would I be suspended for taking a breath too?

That can work, except that someone would need to have about 5 good ones to have about a billion's worth.

10. Default Re: Best ways to trade highly expensive items for mesos/NX

Actually I think C ranks are more stable and better collateral. When I bought my top for over max, the guy used a bunch of C-rank 1% INT nebs. They're easier to find, too. Apples are another good option, the price on those rarely changes much. 10att WGs might not be so bad either if you can find someone with a lot of them (not many left in Khaini for some reason).

11. Neon Atom
    IGN: Godtastik
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero / CM
    Guild: Articulate
    Alliance: Notorious

You can also use the 2x Drop Easter Egg Buff as collat, although you do need quite a lot of it. I've traded 7~10b worth of item with those as collat twice now.

12. Default Re: Best ways to trade highly expensive items for mesos/NX

Nah, more like 2-3. 2% Str/Dex/Int/Luk/All Stat Nebulites range from 300-500m, so it's still more than what WS used to be worth.

13. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Wow, looks like they inflated I guess. Haven't been to fm really for a while until today.

14. Default Re: Best ways to trade highly expensive items for mesos/NX

Collateral is definitely your safest bet. If you both agree on the price of the item, then even if they 'scam' you they aren't going to get much profit off of it and they're going to lose their reputation. I've traded many times this way and it has worked out perfectly.

Whoever goes first in an NX trade can get scammed, and as other people said, Paypal can result in chargebacks.