1. Default Have we hammered out the intricacies of upgrading to Sweetwater yet?

I desperately need a new weapon so I'm wondering if it'd be better to scroll an Empress/Fafnir and then upgrade or t just find a Sweetwater to upgrade?

I mean, Fafnir and Empress weapons have 10 slots to Sweetwater's 9, so if I scroll an Empress Crossbow to 131 + 80 through scrolls and 5 stars through enhancements, would I have a SW Crossbow with +80 attack, no slots and 5 enhances or what?

2. Default Re: Have we hammered out the intricacies of upgrading to Sweetwater yet?

We can't actually do it ourselves yet, but Grey posted this last week;

http://www.southperry.net/showthread...72#post1211472

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Have we hammered out the intricacies of upgrading to Sweetwater yet?

First work on finding a Sweetwater crossbow, since you need that to upgrade anyway.
    Hopefully by the time you find one someone will have gotten the upgrade to work, and we'll be wiser as to how it does.

4. Default Re: Have we hammered out the intricacies of upgrading to Sweetwater yet?

The 10 upgrades will be crammed into the 9 slots of the Sweetwater equipment. There is no way that you will lose any enhancement you made.

5. Default Re: Have we hammered out the intricacies of upgrading to Sweetwater yet?

Okay, thanks for the answers, but has no one managed to be successful at combining yet or has no one come forth and told us how they've done it?

6. Default Re: Have we hammered out the intricacies of upgrading to Sweetwater yet?

cannot interact with npc therefore nothing can be done as of yet

7. Default Re: Have we hammered out the intricacies of upgrading to Sweetwater yet?

The anvils drop, you can just use those.

8. Default Re: Have we hammered out the intricacies of upgrading to Sweetwater yet?

But once you upgrade into Sweetwater, it's permanently untradeable right? So you would have to do the upgrade on the character you want it on?

9. Default Re: Have we hammered out the intricacies of upgrading to Sweetwater yet?

Yep

10. Default Re: Have we hammered out the intricacies of upgrading to Sweetwater yet?

How does upgrading work with armor? Do you still lose all the base stats and only get the above average ones? Is upgrading any 140-150 shoulder the same as upgrading a Meister one (9 att/matt)?

11. Default Have we hammered out the intricacies of upgrading to Sweetwater yet?

From what I've seen, it all works the same way. Base stats don't matter, and it doesn't matter which equip you use. What matters is what you add to the item using scrolls (all carried over), enhancements (-1 star but boosts carry), and potential (rank stays the same but lines reset, nebulite remains).

Following this, tyrants would be terrible items to transpose because they have great base stats and only a few slots (not to mention tyrants are better than their sweetwater equivalents anyway).

It's not that complicated.

12. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Have we hammered out the intricacies of upgrading to Sweetwater yet?

No tyrants would be amazing to transpose, but only when they have 10-15 stars. The loss of base stats is made up by the first 3 set effs.

13. Default Re: Have we hammered out the intricacies of upgrading to Sweetwater yet?

Man that makes me uncomfortable. So many stats.

14. Default Re: Have we hammered out the intricacies of upgrading to Sweetwater yet?

Okay, so the best thing to do is find the cheapest shoulder (or other equip) you can find and then transpose it after some chaoses? I assume class doesn't matter because Sweetwater equips are classless.