Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Default Jurassic World!

This will be one bloody suspenful must watch movie next year. I grew up with the other ones, so I'm very hyped for this movie.

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Jurassic World!

Hate the kids already, and really the rumour about them having trained raptors was real? ew.
    Other than those 2 gripes though... holy pineapple does this look good. The mosasaur looks amazing, as does the "D-rex" (Diabolous Rex, the hybrid).

There is a viral site that gives some background on the movie, such as the death of John Hammond and the seizing of InGen's assets by Masrani Corp. Here's a summary of the stuff the viral site reveals

As mentioned in the summary, it also makes Telltale's Jurassic Park: The Game canon.

3. Default Re: Jurassic World!

So let me get this straight, instead of killing the series like they should they're rebooting it? Unless of course they're killing it with this one(I doubt it with the whole new hybrid crap).

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Jurassic Park 3 already killed the franchise a while ago, a reboot is what was needed now that they've used all the material possible from the books (3 was basically all the leftover stuff they didn't include in the first 2 films. The bird cage, the river ride ect)

And really? how does the idea of a hybrid kill the series? It seems like a natural progression to me since the entire point of the franchise is humans playing god and it pineappleing up royally. Plus all the dinosaurs from the other films were hybrids as well, they were genetically modified creations that were made from mans perspective of what they thought they should be like.

If you have a problem with the hybrid in this film then you have a problem with the Dilophosaurus being able to spit venom and the Raptors being twice as big as they should be and not having feathers. The idea of a hybrid has been present ever since the beginning with the whole frog DNA debacle. It isn't a factual story about dinosaurs, it's a science fiction thriller.

5. Default Re: Jurassic World!

Huh? I didn't say the hybrids would kill the series but actually help it live longer, I was hoping they would kill the series already since iirc though I didn't read the books the dinosaurs actually end up being killed(not sure if it was a disease or by the hand of man).

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Oh crap yeah I totally misread your post somehow, forgive me! D:
    I saw a lot of negativity elsewhere so I overreacted a tad :P

You are right about there being a disease, but the idea of it leading to the dinosaurs eventual extinction was just a hypothesis by Malcolm, but as he so famously said: Life finds a way.
    The dinosaurs were already supposed to be dead at that point due to the deficiency to a certain chemical that was bred into them by the geneticists, so that if they ever escaped the park they would die without being fed the chemicals they needed. I can't really remember how, but the dinosaurs managed to survive anyway.

..Gah now i'm tempted to read the books again for like, the 10th time.

7. Default Re: Jurassic World!

Unless I read the information incorrectly, it's technically not a reboot considering a reboot is literal in most scenarios. They didn't start over and change the story (at least from the movies, I've never read the books). They're making another sequel instead, based on events after 3 (which was horrid). The name made me think it was a reboot, but after reading parts of that site I'm happy they didn't scrap all the previous material like they commonly do with movie series revivals.

I kinda hope they have some cameos though, if possible, just because.

It looks good...we'll have to see though.

8. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

There is a confirmed cameo, technically 2.
    Spoiler

I do hope there are more though, but it doesn't seem likely

And yeah, i'm glad it's a soft-reboot too. Starting over and using the original films as a base is a good move, especially since it's a franchise pretty much filled with hype and nostalgia. If they started afresh it would just be another monster movie.

I also find it funny that the third film has been completely ignored, lore wise. As far as the movie is concerned, it's a sequel to the second film.

9. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Not exactly, there are supposed to be some "quarantine zones" in both the island and the world, in which dinosaurs migrated and made it their homes, which is basically a left over of JP3. I would love to see the Spinosaurus again though, such a badass dino.

Also, the fact that they mention that the new company is atm fully invested in Ice Age mammals and animals makes me think the studio might be planning on spin-off movies.

10. Default Re: Jurassic World!

I love that second one. Richard Attenborough was a great actor in my opinion, at least for JP.

Needless to say, I'm pretty interested in this movie. Gonna have to keep an eye on it.

11. Default Re: Jurassic World!

JP3 gets such a bad rap, and I will never understand why. I thought it was a fantastic movie, albeit not in the same vein as the first two installments.

12. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I'm really curious as to whether the events of the game will be mentioned now that it is considered canon in the film continuity, especially in regards to the Mosasaur, which could possibly be the same one from the game. In which case, that thing already has an appetite for humans.

I don't think the film is going to be all about the hybrid, honestly. Or at least I hope not. The events of the first book/film all spiraled out of control once the rex got loose, as she was the one who knocked down the walls to the other enclosures while hunting, allowing the raptors free access to the park once they escaped.
    So I wouldn't be surprised if the D-rex started messing things up and set everything else loose.
    And the raptors will probably turn on the humans, because while they may be intelligent and trainable, they are also vicious and ruthless.

I quite like it because it added some stuff from the books which I thought were awesome which never made it into the films, like the river ride and the bird cage which was in the first book. Though the river ride was far cooler in the books.

I wasn't very keen on the characters, but the action scenes were awesome. Especially when they first encounter the raptors in that building, that was so cool.

13. Default Re: Jurassic World!

It got a bad rap because the story was crap. The action in the movie was great, but the story was gawdawful.

14. Default Re: Jurassic World!

Because it's a continuation of the original series in which they didn't have feathers.
    There are plenty of scientific inaccuracies with jurassic park, but if them not having feathers is your biggest gripe then i don't know what to say.

Note: I think dinosaurs with feathers are awesome. But since it's a continuation of a sci-fi universe where they don't have feathers and the raptors are pineappleing huge and far more intelligent that they would've ever realistically been, i can't really say that it bothers me that much.

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

The scientific inaccuracies make sense in-universe. The dinosaurs don't have feathers because they were created that way (they created them in the image they expected them to be like, and at the time that did not include feathers). Natural dinosaurs have feathers, Jurassic Park ones do not.

Also it's a work of fiction. Them not having feathers is a rather petty gripe to have.

(also I just wouldn't find dinosaurs with feathers to be nearly as scary, honestly.)

16. Default Re: Jurassic World!

I don't know, we'll obviously probably never have a completely accurate insight into what feathered dinosaurs would look like exactly, but making them scary/awesome is all a matter of design:

Spoiler

This picture for example is awesome imho and would definitely still result in a scary 'monster' design.

17. Default Re: Jurassic World!

Jurassic world's prequel already shows sign of intelligence Dinosaur, Jurassic world finally reveal Dinosaur's intelligence. IMO, not that really interesting, I rather they make Dinosaur mutation in appearance instead.

Or human using dinosaur's gene to create some kind of monster that visually similar to dinosaur.

18. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Animatronics!

Also Chris Pratt looking mighty fine.
    (and no this isn't a scene from the actual movie)