Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Monster Life reactions

What are your thoughts on Monster Life so far?

Right now my only thought is how annoying I find Clara to be. She talks all the time and can't get past herself to just teach me the damn thing. Ugh.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Monster Life reactions

Ditto.

Maybe I'm not understanding the UI, but Clara keeps telling me to do something and then asks whether I did it and chides me for not doing it yet and I can't actually do anything until I'm done with her endless dialog. Maybe it was supposed to be amusing? idk, it looks like she completes a quest and then instantly starts another. Random boxes popping up with exp gained and questions about my avatar (what? why would I want "Mardia" in my avatar when I'm from Kradia?)...

Ugh. If they're to pretend it's part of Maple they should have the same UI.
    And if it isn't, why the <censored> do we have to have this bloat in our game? Keep it on fb or wherever it was initially meant for.

3. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Well, I like the option to talk to people from other worlds but only in Monster Life. It'll be great if it could have been expanded to the game.

4. Default Re: Monster Life reactions

Also, I seem to be affected by a bug. When I built a green mushroom house, just as the house completed my game crashed. No error dialog or anything. Now I can't login. It says that I'm already logged in and it's been that way for the past 20 minutes now.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon

Yup, lots of people getting that. Not necessarily at the green mushroom house. But crashing in Monster Life and then "This ID is already logged in". Might have to do with how it's the same farm for all servers.

6. Default Re: Monster Life reactions

Hey, I got back in. It seems like 30 minutes is the magic number?

EDIT: WHAT. My farm didn't save?

Clara won't talk to me. I have zero waru. There are quests I can do, but getting the extra waru from Clara is a big help. It didn't save any of the quests I had already done with Clara. None of the buildings I built are present. This thing is broken man.

EDIT EDIT: I got disconnected again and now I can't login with the "This ID is already logged in" error. Maple Life isn't worth it at this point.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I waited about 30 minutes for a 15mb patch to complete. seriously why did it take so long.
    I then logged in, tried to go to farm, was met with a black screen for about 2 minutes before it DCed me, I tried 5 times and got the same thing everytime. So I haven't even glimpsed it yet. Not even going to bother trying again until after the inevitable server check.

Really don't get how they pineappled this up, the patch is literally just this and nothing else, and it's completely broken

8. Default Re: Monster Life reactions

Yeah, someone else reported their farm being rollbacked.

Given the reactions so far and the title of the thread I'm going to have to say GG Nexon is about what can be expected for a collective opinion until it's fixed since people won't want to risk their farms being rollbacked.

9. Default Re: Monster Life reactions

Yeah, same happened to me twice now =|

Though, I do have the quests which I can do again. There's a little Blue Scroll icon on the left side of the screen, clicking the green check mark that says 'Completed' lets you move on to the next quest.

I do hope they fix all the constant d/cing asap =| I wanna try and enjoy Monster Life, but it's hard to enjoy constant d/cing and waiting 20mins before being able to go on again.

10. Default Re: Monster Life reactions

Really glitchy. My farm has been rollbacked 3 times now and I keep dc-ing.

11. Default Re: Monster Life reactions

I'm sure I would love Monster Life if it were not this buggy.

Loading time is really long and 90% of the time it crashes. Clara talks so much nonsense stuff (asks you to do something, then immediately asks whether you have done it). Literally everything you do in Monster Life can result in a crash. And when you crash your farm is rolled back.

I guess I'll just ignore Monster Life until there's an USC.

12. Default Re: Monster Life reactions

Looks like I'm not touching ML until it's at least semi-stable.

13. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Add me to the list of rb'd farms.

I guess I'll just go on playing yut till this is fixed.

14. Default Re: Monster Life reactions

Same here, it's not worth touching at this point.

15. Default Re: Monster Life reactions

Had it crash + RB when I was dragging my monster around lol

16. Default Re: Monster Life reactions

"You cannot join the Monster Life at this time. Please try again later."

17. Orbital Bee Cannon

Yeah, I think they took the ML server down for now. Would be nice if they could fix it without shutting down the game servers.

18. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

I wouldn't bother with monster life if it weren't for that ugly window in the UI with a bouncing orange chat box above it saying "Personalize Your Farm!" Seriously, the thing just sits there in my periphery and annoys me while I try to play the part of the game I actually care about. I just wanted to get rid of it, but I keep crashing when I go into the farm.

I did notice a vendor that sold equipment boxes for Waru Coins, so I guess this addition might see some use when the servers are stabilized.

19. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

I think it's DCing when you start doing things and it isn't updating server side. For example, I've crashed twice so far, the first time, I started putting down trees, I had an unlimited source of trees despite only really having 1. I crashed after trying to reposition one of the trees. The second time I crashed was after trying to open a second hand monster box from the shop. It kept letting me open the box, though I wasn't getting any monsters/the box wasn't disappearing. I crashed when I tried to exit Monster Life.

EDIT: I don't think the farms are rolling back, rather they're not updating in the first place.

EDIT 2: Also, it seems as if after you 'Play' with a monster, you can't play with any other monsters:
    http://puu.sh/2YTZy.png

No matter what mob you choose.

20. Default Re: Monster Life reactions

The farms are updating, but it's just that it doesn't save it regularly.