Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Orb is good but dragon strike is equally as strong. Orb helps a lot in bearwolves when on the top platforms, it'll bounce all the way down hitting 3x the targets you would without it. At stone golems i found it less effective but i wasn't on the top platform constantly. In very tall castle walls there is a step you can stand on to spam dragon strike and hit both platforms at once, so orb wouldn't be stronger in that situation. Once chaos hits i think these situations will change very much.

2. Default

Thanks for the fast reply!
    About this quote: Doesn't demolition have invincibleframes too?

Oh darn I thought the cooldown for normal transform was also 200 sec. FML :( I gotta get speed equips after all since I didn't get dash.
    I'm using about 50/50 CSB and shark while training. Mostly when walking I'll be charging CSB. So Brawling mastery is going to help. I Guess I'll look out to when it stops onehitting stuff I wanne train on.

3. Default

Demo has iframes, but only when you're 'invisible', hitting the monster. When your character is 'visible', you're prone to attacks.

Also, one more thing on Dash: if you're dispelled while in (Super) Transformation state, you'll lose the speed/jump bonuses. And since you can't use a mount while in Transformed state, Dash is the only thing you can use, aside from equips/potions, that can help you move around quickly.

4. Default

So, I hit 150 today and I'm debating about whether to start maxing energy orb or mw. From what I've seen, orb acts like chain lightning, and is very as powerful as well as incredibly useful at LHC, but my range is kinda low (8.7k. boo hoo) so mw could be good for times when I don't have a mage/ high level character in the party, and solo training/bossing. Anyone have any more input on orb usage?

5. Default

If you can find orb books, I;d go Orb if you plan on LHC all the rest of your career. If you can afford MW to at least 19, do MW.

6. Default

I'm level 137 , in 4 levels I will max stransform , should I skip demo and do orb for training in lhc?

7. Default

Hmm, I haven't tested Orb personally. But I can't imagine it would be that much better than a maxed Dragon Strike currently. Max Dragon Strike currently is 700% on all targets it hits. Max Energy Orb is 780%, and I think it does less damage to targets other than the original.

However, the reorganization gives a bigger boost to Orb than to Dragon Strike. Dragon Strike goes up to 850%, Orb goes up to 980%.

Although really, I'd stick to Demolition next anyway simply for the fact that without it, your bossing damage is terrible. I mean, even if Orb is just a little better for LHC grinding, remember that the party EXP gets split anyway, and you already have an awesome mobbing skill. I'd rather have the diversity of being a legitimate attacker, rather than just an SI/Time Leap mule when it comes to bosses.

Also, I added one Snatch for LHC. I don't see the point in maxing it (damage isn't great, can't stun in LHC, don't really need more targets), but at least I can now drag a newly spawned Bearwolf towards the mob rather than being forced to walk all the way over to it in order to Backspin.

8. GLADIGATORS
    usa

1) It's much better than dragon strike in a lot of situations.
    2) Demolition sucks nor does it make you a legitimate attacker unless attacking one mob and only one mob.
    3) Snatch is awesome but i never suggested maxing it for anything other than PvP.

9. Default

Well I know it sucks if there are 2+ targets within Dragon Strike range, but what I was saying is that in the low 15X's, I'd rather have Dragon Strike and Demolition maxed than Dragon Strike and Energy Orb. DS + Demo gives you good enough grinding and okay bossing value, while DS + Orb gives you better grinding, but makes you worse than an Archmage at single target bosses.

10. Default

What's so amazing about being slightly better than an arch as compared to slightly worse?

11. Helium Atom Male
    IGN: Scette
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 135
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Synergize
    Alliance: Kittens
    usa

Edit : Disregard post.

12. Default

So now with chaos coming does orb take preference before demolition and after ds , pr and st?? or not? so I start pumping points into one skill or another ( I think we get an sp reset scroll right?) it does 980 % damage on chaos lol , 140 % more than ds

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

No. That depends entirely on what you want to do. Orb is if you want to train faster, demo is if you want to boss faster. (or PvP better) It's 130% stronger than DS though.

14. Default

oh.... leveling or pvping better....... that's a though one.... I always liked to train better but when pvp comes I'll play it like mad ( assuming not being in us doesn't kill me as much as spadow...), Leveling at a nice rate doing mostly is possible?

15. Helium Atom Male
    IGN: Scette
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 135
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Synergize
    Alliance: Kittens
    usa

So.. should there be a change in our build post Chaos changes, or should we still follow this?

16. Default

Nothing really changed. Our skills got a buff in damage and that's about it. After DS, ST and Demo it's still between Orb and Buff skills.

17. Default

The sp build for 4th job is wrong , I though I had to use again the sp reset from this hot time because I was 1 level before this build in skills ( skills that had to be maxed at one level I maxed them at the following)

at 122 you have 4 ds , and you say you max it at 130 , that can't be , cuz 8 levels x 3 sp = 24 , + 4 already distributed = 28 , 1 level left for maxing ds , so all the build is affected

18. Default

How would you change the skill built for a UA Bucc?
    Since people use Shark Wave til like 4th job...

19. Default

Max Energy Charge + Energy Blast first, 1 point in Energy Drain, maybe max out Transform early -- everything else the exact same.

I don't have an Ultimate Adventurer, since they're not released in JMS, but I hear Energy Blast is better than Sharkwave on close-ranged mobs and that with Energy Charge sounds good. Super Transform obviously is there for the weapon attack bonus and the movement speed bonus is good too (unless you're still using the Ultimate Adventurer set, which puts you at 140 speed anyway). Also, Lucky Dice is pretty important. Maybe max that out after Energy Charge/Blast or Transform, depending on how much you like Lucky Dice. Put a point or two in it for starters to try it out. Everything else can just be maxed out later on, since you'll be spamming Sharkwave, which makes everything else not so useful for the time being.

20. Default Re: Takebacker's Ultimate Brawler Guide

First, I would like to thank you for making this build, it really helped me on my bucc, Dragon strike so op

Secondly, Will you be doing a Post-Justice build when GMS gets Justice?