IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Default Adventurers pre and post RED

So umm, I was thinking of training a new adventurer char together with my friend, and she was wondering whether there are any difference in creating them pre and post-RED?

if there are any differences, which would be better: creating and training them pre or post RED?

Thanks in advance~

2. Default Re: Adventurers pre and post RED

Personally, I'll be remaking my XBM (Lv107, no books used) and I/L (Lv94) since I don't really have anything to lose.

EDIT: I realise they skip pretty much all of Maple Island. If you're interested in seeing that you could just run a search on youtube and find it fairly easily.

3. Default Re: Adventurers pre and post RED

I vaguely remember when KMS had RED, there was an event restricted to newly created adventurers only. I think it was a critical ring at 70, and an upgraded version at 130. I think there was also equipment boxes given out every 10 levels from 10 to 70 for new adventurers. On a more general side, there were attendance check events and hot times as well. But that was KMS. and knowing MSEA, I wouldn't be surprised if the events there are nothing but lacklustre.

As for the training part, most, if not all adventurer classes are easier to train post RED since they are stronger and more mobile as well. The only problem I would see training them post RED is that there would be a sudden increase in the amount of people playing, so finding a spot at popular training places can become pretty difficult.

tl;dr Train post RED if you want to make use of the events and such. Train pre RED if you can't wait to use the new revamped skills.

4. Default Re: Adventurers pre and post RED

I really dig the new default hairstyles though (well, just for females. The male ones are...ugh...).

Even if they screw us out of those events (I sure hope not though), I hope they at least retain the mastery book exchange event...that's like, my lifeline cause I have like 20 books total sitting around my inventory, half of them useless to me because they're for the wrong job or because I've already passed one of those.

5. Default Re: Adventurers pre and post RED

From what I remember, you could only exchange mastery books of skills that have been removed due to RED.

6. Default Re: Adventurers pre and post RED

...seriously?

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Adventurers pre and post RED

Yes.
    That's how it was in GMS, too.
    Books for skills that still exist can still be used after RED, but they can still fail (unlike the new books, which can't).

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

if it's any good news, maxing any skill post-red is only 17m i believe, 7m for the level 20 book, 10m for the level 30, all skills, no chances of failure.

9. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

mmmmm those rings sound good... but training is a chore ;-;

so we can exchange skillbooks that were removed, and also buy skillbooks from npc?
    which would also mean the current skillbooks are close to useless because it's cheaper to buy from npc than to buy from fm.

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

yep, final pact 30? 10m, MW 20? 7m
    100% success

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Adventurers pre and post RED

No that's wrong. When the npc shop came out the price for literally any mastery book dropped to under 500k each. If you can find a book in the fm then there's less point in spending 7m/10m on it.

12. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

True that.. But given MSEA players.... i have no idea

13. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

oh, how about mages and their mp gain? what's the difference between training them pre and post red?

sorry, i haven't watched the video yet because it slipped my mind, and now i'm at work sooooooooo i can't exactly watch it

14. Default Re: Adventurers pre and post RED

Forgot about this thread. :x

As for training:

1st Job:
    Magic Claw has been removed, Energy Bolt remains largely the same but has become a mobbing move. The ball explodes on contact to deal damage. Of course, being Energy Bolt, obstacles and trajectory are a problem. Thankfully, Teleport has been moved to 1st Job. Magic Armour has been updated to boost WDEF by a % of MDEF, so it's much better now (though not so much for 1st Job). And bringing us back to the MP gain issue, MP Increase boosts MP by 120 x character level when maxed. I would assume that means that existing mages will still have more MP because they have this bonus in addition to however much they had before the update.

2nd Job:
    Remains similar for the most part, but everyone gets Magic Booster so it should be much faster. And all attack spells now hit 6 targets so...

3rd Job:
    Looks to be the same for everyone, except I/Ls which have the added benefit of getting Glacial Chain in 3rd Job post-RED. With high enough damage though, F/Ps can have Viral Slime solo a platform while they kill other mobs.

4th Job:
    F/Ps have never been that good at training, and they still aren't post-RED. I/Ls are unchanged because they'll still be spamming CL, but if anyone was relying on Glacial Chain's damage before it's too bad because it's now a 3rd Job skill. Bishops got much better; they no longer have to rely on SR for AoE mobbing because they can spam Big Bang while Genesis is cooling.

15. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

So basically they only gain 120 mp / lv? that is so crappy....

16. Default Re: Adventurers pre and post RED

Total MP = Base MP + (120 * Level)

So if you're Lv200, MP Increase will give you a bonus of 24000 MP. It's quite a lot actually.

17. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

whats the base mp gain though

18. Default Re: Adventurers pre and post RED

However much it's always been, I guess?

Which would mean it's about the same as other classes.

19. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

which is like 20 i think?
    140 mp / lvl, which is equivalent to 1.4k int / level
    ~ 28k mp at lv 200.