1. Default High School Punishes Teen For Giving Drunken Pal Ride Home From Party

Source: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/1...me-from-party/

I just heard about this from a friend but wow.

2. Default Re: High School Punishes Teen For Giving Drunken Pal Ride Home From Party

Looking deeper into the story and the actual people involved is bringing up a lot of contradictions and unclear information. All of the students involved are saying she was there drinking as well, and that there was no "friend" there for her to pick up. The police, however, supposedly let her go because she had no alcohol on her and did not "smell of alcohol". I don't know, I'd wait for more information before going apepomegranate up in arms over it.

3. Default Re: High School Punishes Teen For Giving Drunken Pal Ride Home From Party

Yo, I'm from that town. Many friends confirmed that she was at that party and she lied to her parents about it.

4. Default Re: High School Punishes Teen For Giving Drunken Pal Ride Home From Party

Not sure if we can take that as valid.

5. Default Re: High School Punishes Teen For Giving Drunken Pal Ride Home From Party

What, the part that I'm from the town or the part that people know she was at that party?

6. Default Re: High School Punishes Teen For Giving Drunken Pal Ride Home From Party

Pretty much both.

7. Default Re: High School Punishes Teen For Giving Drunken Pal Ride Home From Party

I mean, I have my pep band shirt from my senior year:

Anything more than that would require me posting pictures of myself with friends and family and I don't want y'all to believe me that much.

8. Default Re: High School Punishes Teen For Giving Drunken Pal Ride Home From Party

If you look at the comment section, a lot of people are saying "My friend/child was there are saw her there drinking for 3 hours" or some variant. I know it's typical to call people who comment trolls, but three things stand out for me:

1) This is a local news site, presumably some of the commenters will know people who were involved.
    2) A lot of people have said "My friend/child said she was at the party".
    3) No one has said "My friend/child said she WAS NOT at the party".

Taken together, I think it's safe to say that there was some shoddy journalism, at the least.

9. Default Re: High School Punishes Teen For Giving Drunken Pal Ride Home From Party

Small town drama is the worst.