Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horntail Specs

1. Harrisonized

Default Horntail Specs

What's the minimum to not lag in Horntail?
    Today, I tried going, and dced within the first preliminary head. The screen froze for like 5 minutes as I tried desperately to get on to the rope.

I have 1.4 GB of RAM.

2. Default

ram seems fine, I went with a gig and lived pretty much lag-free.

what's your processor speed, internet speed, and graphics card size?

3. Harrisonized

IDK how to check processor speed...
    My internet speed is 100 Mbps

Um...
    when I click System Properties:

System:
    Microsoft windows XP
    Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 2

Computer:
    AMD Semprom ™ 2400+
    1.66 GHz, 1.43 GB of RAM

4. Default

Processor is quite crappy, which is the most likely cause of disconnect. Where did you check your internet speed?Windows shows network speed (ie ethernet or wireless and is generally 100 Mbps, but your internet is not).

5. Harrisonized

Spoiler

What's wrong with my processor? What would a good processor be?
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2008-09-02 at 05:56 PM.

6. Default

Do this:
    http://www.speedtest.net/

and then tell us your i-net speed. What is says up there is network speed, not i-net.

7. Default

^ is right, sorry.

Since you're using XP... go to Start>Run>enter 'dxdiag'

Go to the "Display" tab and tell us what "Approx. Total Memory" says (graphics card size)

Your processor shouldn't be the issue, I have a 1.8 (and am the one who posted earlier about a gig of ram).

8. Harrisonized

9. Default

You never did what I asked you, what is your internet speed?

10. Harrisonized

I don't know. I don't want to download that though cuz I tried and it took an effing long time. I'm going to assume that your link is malicious. Any other ways to determine internet speed?

BTW, after downloading that, then uninstalling it, I noticed mscorsvw.exe running. Someone please explain to me what this is, and why it's there. I tried googling it, but everything says it's a natural process and to wait it out. However, if it is, I have never seen it before in my life.

This better not be a virus.
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2008-09-03 at 12:10 AM.

11. *sweating*
    IGN: Waniou
    Server: Scania
    Level: 157
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Fate/Of Reign
    Alliance: > Horde

That speedtest link is fine, Harrison, I do it all the time.

Your CPU is better than mine, your RAM is a little worse though, but I don't think it's so much worse to cause you to lag like you did. o_o Weird.

12. Default

i have: athlon xp 2500+ ,1G ram, GeForce FX 5200 (256MB) and im lagging only few sec after start (and 1-3sec on main body)

13. Default

What did you need to download? Just click on the golden pyramid when they come up. Easy. Other members can affirm that that link is perfectly fine, another one did actually.

14. Default

Just reading through this thread has assured me that I can never Horntail on this computer.

15. Default

What the pineapple did you download? Speedtest.net uses a flash application to send and receive a small amount of data to your computer, measuring the time it took.

No one has mentioned the amount of memory his graphics card has (64 MB). My XP desktop also has 64 MB and has bad graphics lag if I've had Maple open for a while (over an hour?) and I minimize Maple. (I have been able to Zak on it, though). My Vista laptop has 880 MB of graphics memory, and it has little problem with Maple. (I've left FM shop open overnight and have been able to quickly minimize Maple in the morning.) I think this is most likely the problem.

I have had issues with my graphics card failing, but that's related to the series of laptop I have.

16. Default

Yeah. the 64 MB is, frankly, a piece of pomegranate <_< I'm surprised you can zak on it without major lag issues. If you ever update the comp you have with intentions for Maple or heavy-graphics games, do that first. A 128 gave me a bit of lag, my 512/128 dual monitors combo now is virtually lagfree.

17. Harrisonized

http://www.speedtest.net/
    I clicked the green button (Free Scan), and it brought me to this page:
    http://www.liutilities.com/products/...edtest/leader/
    Clicking free performance scan brings up a popup that tells me to download speedupmypc.exe
    I saved that to my desktop and attempted to download it, and it basically screwed up my computer.
    LoL. You were there that day... if my RAM was better than yours, why did I lag like crazy shyt?
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2008-09-03 at 06:16 PM.

18. Harrisonized

Oops. Ok, I found what you're talking about.
    Download is 2261 kb/sec
    Upload is 418 kb/sec
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2008-09-03 at 06:17 PM.

19. Default

Your internet is better than mine. Mine is only 1.5mbps down and 256kbps up. Probably, your only problem is your lack of a fast processor. Good processors are 3.0ghz and higher.

20. Harrisonized

How much will it cost me to upgrade then?