Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

(not shown are Zero's Rhinne's Blessing and Beast Tamer's Focus Spirit)

I had 12 Link Skills linked to my Angelic Buster (Cannoneer, Demon Slayer, Phantom, Luminous, Kaiser, Mercedes, Xenon, Demon Avenger, Kanna, the three Cygnus Knights, Zero and Beast Tamer). I was unable to add Hayato's Keen Edge at this point, but was able to add Jett's Core Aura, totalling to 13. I was then able to add Hayato's Keen Edge, adding up to 14 Link Skills.

2. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

I had this happen to me before they made the limit change.
    Wasn't able to add the new job's link skills until I got rid of some of the things.

There's no way for someone like me to bypass the limit now I suppose.

3. Default Re: Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

I did this today, so maybe there's still a chance?

I'm thinking it's because of Jett's Core Aura, since it doesn't exist in KMS.

4. Default Re: Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

But neither do Hayato nor Kanna's link skills, yet you mentioned that Hayato's couldn't be added until after Jett's was. Sounds like something specific to Jett, but not specifically because Jett is not KMS content.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Tried it now. Couldn't add Jett's Core Aura.

6. Default Re: Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

That's true. I'm thinking of all the things that set Jett's Link apart, such as the ability to hotkey it on a character who was given the Link Skill (though it does nothing), and having its own UI when accessed with the Jett character.

Hmm... this definitely requires some more testing. I'm going to try unlinking all of my current skills and seeing if I can replicate this.

Curse whoever thought it would be a good idea to slap a "once per day" tag on linking Link Skills to characters.

7. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

When I finished Zero I got 13/12 links on me, but I was dumb and thought that meant I wasn't getting effects from Zero's link skill and removed one. Haven't been able to get over 12 link skills since then, just tried with the Core Aura as well but no luck.

8. Default Re: Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

Weird, just tried linking my Cannoneer again and it worked, so I'm at 13/12 now. Going to see if I can throw Kaiser back on as well.

Nope, can't get Kaiser's to work. Is there any way to unlink a link skill, or can you only transfer it from one character to another? When I checked my Cannoneer just now it wasn't linked to anything, but my Kaiser is linked to my Shadower. That might have something to do with it.

Mercedes won't link either, that is also currently linked to another character (my Beast Tamer).

Maybe try linking to a character, deleting that character, and then attempting to link again to your main? I'll try that tomorrow I guess.
    Last edited by Mazz; 2014-01-28 at 06:06 AM. Reason: lots of edits sry

9. Default Re: Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

Yeah...it's possible that Jett's developers screwed up specifically, also, since I'm pretty sure Kanna and Hayato were created by a different team than Jett.

I also find it interesting that after being able to apply Jett's, you were able to apply Hayato's....did they check to see if you have EXACTLY 12 Link Skills, and not 12 or more as a safety measure? Silly Nexon...

10. Default Re: Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

Well, since I wanted to try and replicate this on my AB, I had to move my Link Skills somewhere, decided to try it on my Mercedes this time.

12 links: Demon Slayer, Phantom, Luminous, Kaiser, Mihile, Angelic Buster, Xenon, Demon Avenger, Kanna, the Cygnus Knights (probably could've just moved one, but I forgot about the stacking), Zero and Beast Tamer.

Again, I was able to fit Jett's Core Aura in, making it 13/12 (you can see the effects of Beast Tamer's Focus Spirit on the left, but the skill icon is gone).

Strange thing is, I am unable to move Cannoneer's Pirate Blessing or Hayato's Keen Edge to my Mercedes.

Off topic but semi-related: Beast Tamer's Link Skill is affecting two of my characters at the same time (images show Beast Tamer's Focus Spirit is linked to my Mercedes, but it is also showing up in my Angelic Buster's Link Manager).

11. Default Re: Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

I wonder if this is like glitching on decent skills.

12. Default Re: Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

I've got 13 link skills on my Xenon, but no Jett. 13th skill I added was my Hayato's so it seems to be logical that it's the 3 classes that kMS doesn't have that seem to allow this to an extent.

13. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Undoubtedly Nexon is going to patch this. Lord knows why, when there's so much more pressing things to focus on.

14. Default Re: Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

Can't do this at all on my Marksman.

15. Default Re: Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

Unlink Jett and then link another skill then make Jett your 13th?

16. Default Re: Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

I'm too lazy to log on to my Hero to check right now, but he has 13 skills right now, and Jett's isn't one of them.

He's got Cannon Shooter, Mercedes, DS, Cygnus Knight, Phantom, Luminous, Angelic Buster (Screw you, I say it works great for Hero. Plus, 15% Inner Ability + S Rank Mechanic Card.), Hayato (The 13th one I attempted to link to him.), Kanna, Xenon, DA, Zero, and Beast Tamer.

17. Default Re: Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

Linking > deleting mule char > linking to main didn't work for Kaiser/Mercedes.
    No idea why mine worked the other day, the 13th I linked wasn't a GMS exclusive class, it was Cannoneer.

18. Default Re: Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

So I just tried to link my Cannoneer, Kaiser, Angelic Buster, and Mercedes on top of the 12 that I already had, and they all worked.
    ...what?

19. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: Mundayo
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Xenon
    Guild: Dojo
    Alliance: Calamity
    Farm: HappyPlaces
    canada

16 link skills? Are there really that many?

20. Default Re: Bypassing the Link Skill Limit

Apparently, lol.

Spoiler