Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Cash0 Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damage)

I really wish they had given us the option to turn it on/off...
    People fighting with me at bosses just walk around looking like they don't do anything
    make some weird moves suddenly floating in the air like it's some hack..

People screaming at me ''I used just it already it has a cooldown!''
    Nope, sorry didn't see squat.

I really hope GMS will notice that this is just silly and there should be an option or be removed completely.
    I know there are people who are a little less laggy like this but come on, you can already lower
    the settings. And there's not one person i've ever heard saying

''I'm lagging over the damage from someone else''

Discuss?

2. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

How have you never heard that complaint?

3. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

Why not give a toggle option to show DMG and skills if you like...please NEXON =)

4. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

This should be in the discussion thread lmao
    Anyway, I agree with having an option to turn off/on others' effects. MSEA already had this since late April, and I can say that it's not really helping. Sure, it may be less laggy, but we can't see when someone is about to bind/mc.

5. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

I've never heard it in game, but I've heard its slightly more whiny counterpart:

"I CANT SEE pomegranate BEHIND ALL THESE pineappleING LINES"

I blame Nexon for making every class hit easily 5+ times with single attacks.

6. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

It's a bit of a toss-up. Like you said an option to turn it on and off could work well, but considering how some people might turn it on to be asshats I prefer it to be turned off even if I do get your point, especially with skills such as Magic Crash.

7. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

It was a fairly common complaint years ago. Hell, FPs weren't allowed in half of Mardia's ZRuns because their skills would knock out half the party on a bad day.
    Even summons were a source of whining.

8. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

Maybe an option to turn off all skill effects except your own, and binds/magic crash?

9. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

Not only the damage lines but also the attack is the root of d/c :(
    Since my range is pretty low so hiding others damage is an effective way to not make me depress
    However, why not apply that setting? :v

10. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

Sounds decent, but there's the added problem of Nexon Korea caring that much considering I doubt this problem affects players there much. Too bad the animations are the main cause of lag and freezing, removing the damage lines alone would provide more visibility.

11. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

Well currently while fighting mystic bosses, the only damage lines i see are mine, + from skills such as venom

12. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

Because we have plenty of options these days to minimalize the graphics.
    Having to remove the entire skill effects and damage numbers seemed rather unnecessary.

13. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

I definitely disagree with this. Ultimates still lag me like crazy, even with graphics down, and so does seeing 394839483093 numbers on the screen all at once from an entire expedition of people, so I'm glad they at least acknowledged that this is a problem.

I do agree that there should at least be an on/off option, though.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

Same. I was just training with a party and the skills lagged me horribly.
    Turning down the graphics just makes everything look like static, but does almost nothing for performance.

The solution should be simplified graphics, not the lazy low-res version of the regular sprites that they have now, which are nearly impossible to understand.
    Make something completely new, like the simple mini-map. Show me what I need to know, without all the bells and whistles. Schematics will do. Text, even. Make other people's damage numbers simple text, while mine are still big and fat and impressive (especially if red). Make their skills and status effects monochrome outlines that don't extend more than a few pixels beyond the character.
    All that - if we choose simplified graphics, of course. Those who like the fireworks and have computers that can handle them - enjoy.

15. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I liked being able to see other player's skills and I think there were times were seeing people's skills are actually helpful. A good example is when fighting Vellum. I can DoT him with inferno and then my party can see him when he hides underground.

Do you not see other player's damage and skills just at boss runs or is it like that all the time now?

16. Orbital Bee Cannon

Only at boss runs.
    I trained with a party at HoH on 2x last night, and boy could I see everyone's skills and damage.

At boss runs the main problem is that the damage numbers cover the boss (or the whole screen if there are summons), and you can't see its buffs or debuffs. In extreme situations you can't even see the boss itself.

17. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

Show animations and debuffs/buffs from other players.
    Have an option to turn on/off damage.

Seems pretty straightforward..

18. Orbital Bee Cannon

Animations are bad. It's not even only ultimates, at this point. Skills are so flashy and complex and screen-filling

19. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

But as it's been discussed before, animations can also be extremely useful during boss runs. I'd like at least the OPTION of turning animations at the very least back on..

To me, seeing the ~big damages~ my friends and I are doing against a boss with our ~super flashy skills~ was truly a fun part of maple.
    So, I'd like for a toggle of animations if that's possible. And while they're at it, a toggle for voiceovers would be much appreciated...

20. Orbital Bee Cannon

That's what I suggested a few posts above.
    Let there be a complex animation mode for those who like it, and a simplified mode for those that want "just the facts, ma'am."