Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Ron Paul's "Preparing" for 2016!

On Jay Leno last night he made three key points on Jay Leno last night:

1) He's not endorsing anyone.
    2) He's not running third party.
    3) He's preparing for 2016.

2. Default Re: Ron Paul's "Preparing" for 2016!

>implying that this will even be a country in 2016, regardless of who wins.
    Ron Paul is too stable and logical to ever get voted in; regardless of what the public says, they want someone they know will be doing batpomegranate stupid things their entire term, just so they can have something to talk about. I voted for him in the primaries and will be writing his name in for the actual election, but I'm already positive he will NEVER win the presidency, because he is too smart, and Americans don't like smart people as their leaders, apparently.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Ron Paul's "Preparing" for 2016!

Or racists.

4. Default Re: Ron Paul's "Preparing" for 2016!

Foolish people elect foolish leaders.

5. Default Re: Ron Paul's "Preparing" for 2016!

inb4 he dies or gets elected and then dies while in office (a la Taylor anyone?).

6. Electron Straight Male
    IGN: WolfpackHero
    Server: KradiaGMS
    Level: 19x
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Allure
    Alliance: Prestige
    Washington

Not surprised that he's preparing for 2016, and kinda glad he realizes that running as a third party won't get you far. He deserves more than what people put him out to be.

7. Default Re: Ron Paul's "Preparing" for 2016!

Yeah, I hated he didn't get to speak at the Convention, yet people who didn't make it nearly as far as him got to speak. You may also want to check that the state you live in actually does the write in, there's some that they actually take your write in and hand it to the person running as that party not the person.

Though, for all we know he could of meant for his son Rand Paul, help him for 2016, I mean RP is very old but healthy.

8. Default Re: Ron Paul's "Preparing" for 2016!

His son is not the same person as he is, I don't think I would be as happy with that.

9. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

I feel like people that like Ron Paul are generally ignorant of a lot of his economical policies. And that's without mentioning his racially charged issues in the past.

I'm not saying he's a bad candidate, or that he's not the best candidate presently, but I feel people have jumped on this bandwagon completely unaware of what the guy stands for. I wish the electorate were generally better informed.

10. Default Re: Ron Paul's "Preparing" for 2016!

Unfortunately that's how presidents are elected in the first place.

People don't know anything about the candidates and vote solely based on their flowery words and ''charisma''. It's the minority of voters that actually vote based on what they stand for. It's insanely easy to win over everybody else with choice words such as troops, America, freedom, etc. ''AHHH YEAHHHH! Greg, did you hear that guy?! He said... pineappleing.. FREEDOM, MAN! pineapple YEAH!!!!1''

11. Default Re: Ron Paul's "Preparing" for 2016!

I've liked Ron Paul's policies and ideas since well before his presidential campaigning. Sure, retards like the human garbage on /b/ bandwagoned for him in 2008, but that's about the worst of his supporters that I've seen.

12. Default Re: Ron Paul's "Preparing" for 2016!

where are you getting your facts from? The "racially charged issues" you talk of would very much intrigue me to a read...and you better not be talking about that article from like 20 years ago that someone else wrote and it just so happened had is name on it. -_- or something in that area. He's big on his foreign policy next to anything...and maybe the hate for the federal reserve too.

I don't mind his son.

I didn't support him in 08' actually, didn't support anyone. Couldn't vote yet.

13. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fa...iwBP_blog.html

14. Default Re: Ron Paul's "Preparing" for 2016!

Wait, just because someone says they didn't say something you believe them?

That's pretty pineappleing dumb dude.

15. Default Re: Ron Paul's "Preparing" for 2016!

Whoa who wrote this?! It wasn't me, I assure you.

16. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male

I vicariously posted through you. They can count the warming towards me if they'd like.

17. Default Re: Ron Paul's "Preparing" for 2016!

I thought he was given the opportunity to speak, but declined because he didn't want his speak to be vetted. The tribute to him was good though.

While I like his ideas, I don't particularly care for Ron Paul as a candidate. His age is one concern, and Republicans have so many great choices in a more youthful upcoming leaders. Another issue is the way he explains issues; he can sometime lack the finesse needed in politics.

On the other hand, I think his son, Rand Paul, has a much better way of explaining issues and his father's positions to other who already consider Ron Paul, for lack of a better word, extreme.

18. Default Re: Ron Paul's "Preparing" for 2016!

I don't think I can name more than a handful of people from both parties combined that should even make it past the primaries of a presidential election, if people actually cared what the president's agenda was and not how he smiled to the camera or shouted about freedom or other bullpomegranate.

19. Default Re: Ron Paul's "Preparing" for 2016!

Too bad what they say matters less than how they say it. Sure, Ron Paul might have some great intellectual ideas, however he lacks the means to actually deliver them. Obama "works" because he is charismatic. He might not have the most intellectual things to say, however his delivery gets people going.

Charisma and appearance is, has, and forever will be, a huge factor in selection (of anything really).