Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Has Nexon ever successfully take suggestions from players?

Hi, I have a bunch of suggestions to improve this game but I was wondering if Nexon actually would consider or think about suggestions even if a lot of people signed a petition.

Those suggestions I'm gonna make will make the gameplay better not by adding new content like bosses but fix the common issues this game faces.

2. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Has Nexon ever successfully take suggestions from players?

Sort of.

When GMS decided to keep party play after KMS eliminated it comes to mind.

3. Default Re: Has Nexon ever successfully take suggestions from players?

They have, yes. Usually, though, these things only have an impact if it's suggested on an open forum, such as real life events, Twitter, the official Nexon forums, and stuff like that, where you can actively get a Nexon employee's attention. Moreover, these things can only be taken as possible suggestions if it's a thing that's a logical move for the game and not just a random suggestion just because it sounds cool.

For bugs and whatnot, try getting a Nexon employee's attention directly, or get a mass group of people on the case in order to get their attention.

4. Default Re: Has Nexon ever successfully take suggestions from players?

I'm still unsure about the spectrum goggles, but it COULD be forum related.

And the content we get is usually something they listen to too. Everyone was expecting Hayato and Kanna, and well, it's almost coming (translated text is enough to confirm). I just hope they listen to the increased max character slots... Because if not... People won't make them at all. Or the next bunch of classes or the likes.

Not like Nexon employees are reading this, eh? WINK WINK? Please consider the slots? SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES?

5. Default Re: Has Nexon ever successfully take suggestions from players?

They have but the record is splotchy. For example there was a contest 2 years ago where players were asked to design content. The prize was seeing your content in the game. Still no word on the winner of that contest.

6. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

They announced the winners a year later. Never made or revealed the content since it did say it'll be sent into consideration by the content team.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/eve...progress/00Awq
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/eve...rogress/00Fat/

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

People are always making "here's how to fix your game, Nexon" threads on Nexon's forum. Sometimes as petitions. Near as anyone can tell, nobody from Nexon ever reads them. They certainly don't comment. And the game retains its glaring issues.

8. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

BannedStory

9. Default Re: Has Nexon ever successfully take suggestions from players?

And the "Old Maple" event. I think aliens might have been too, due to all the people complaining about how slow 90-110 is.

10. Default Re: Has Nexon ever successfully take suggestions from players?

I believe that there was a "create a cash item" event and it was successful (pepe dagger i think?)

And i would like to say that goggles were put into the game mostly because SP was basically goggle-happy for the short time that the content was released. I believe that had to have had some sort of influence on the game. Who would ignore a chance to add an in-game item that could potentially net them hundreds of dollars?

11. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

There was a petition made about "color blind" mode for Maple in which they claim to do so.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/mscolor/petition.html

It was claimed to be successful but look at Maple now.
    http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/163...to_change.html

12. Default Re: Has Nexon ever successfully take suggestions from players?

I have a few suggestions about the game myself, but I'm sure they wouldn't listen to them.

13. Default Re: Has Nexon ever successfully take suggestions from players?

I actually suggested they add a search function into the cash shop....years...YEARS ago. They told me they liked the idea, and that they would submit the idea to their developers and thanks for the suggestion. 6-8 months later, tada search bar.

Now, I am unsure if I actually influenced this because it is a fairly common feature to add. I was always just proud of this; that I made a "difference" to the game I love.

14. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

I remember a lot of us suggesting a crapton of things on southperry. Some of those things: merging servers, removing MTS, etc, may or may not have been influenced by us. While other things like "remove map/item data from the game if it is not supposed to be released atm" or "hire competent developers in the US instead of relying on Korean devs to patch hacks/expoits and prevent them from occurring in the firts place" are yet to be implemented. I also remember @Eos suggesting that transactions should be part of SQL scripts to prevent dupes from occurring (even though that should be obvious to any DBA, but we're talking about Nexon here lol), that might have been acted upon.

15. Default Re: Has Nexon ever successfully take suggestions from players?

You are wrong there. Even if people have a full 18 character account they will start deleting some characters.

However, this is by no means saying that we shouldn't get the 24 cap from JMS, because we totally should, totally.

Goggle happy about a pair of goggles on a boss they had KMS make, so the goggles were already in the data (sort of) and SP had nothing to do with it at all. Because after all they released boss equips based on all four bosses of CWKPQ.

16. Default Re: Has Nexon ever successfully take suggestions from players?

Shhh! My wording is way more convincent!

...wait. JMS has 24 slots max? Damn, now that's what I want to see.

Ah, but consider this. Why are all of the boss related equipment hats, except the actual goggles? Consider he has one of the coolest hats ingame. Why didn't they just release the hat?

That's the only reason I'm still paranoid about it.

17. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Well, we totally got the chinchilla chair in the game .

18. Default Re: Has Nexon ever successfully take suggestions from players?

You're forgetting about how Rednirg (I forget his name, the warrior one) got his axe in the game as well.

19. Default Re: Has Nexon ever successfully take suggestions from players?

But as a drop from him, right from the release. That's a different set, because all of the others only came from gachapon.

20. Default Re: Has Nexon ever successfully take suggestions from players?

-The imminent release of Hayato and Kanna was definitely due to all the (Jett) complaints at the time.

-We are the only verson of Maple with its login screen BGM reverted back to pre-BB style. Once again, due to complaints.

-The decision to keep party play in Stronghold and LHC maps. (I was on a Maple hiatus at the time, so I'm not sure how vocal the community was at the time).