Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp now implemented]

With the Union/Justice revamp approaching for Vipers and Thieves, I've decided to record a couple of videos, demonstrating the differences between how Vipers currently play in different situations and how they will play after the revamp comes. If you have any suggestions on what kind of places/situations to record at, I will try my best to capture footage of it if it's possible for me to do so. Polantaris will also be joining me in some of the videos, although I'm not sure how well I can capture the differences for Paladins from my side of things.

Papulatus (Pre-Revamp)

Papulatus (Post-Revamp)

Body Guards (Pre-Revamp)

Body Guards (Post-Revamp)

Zakum (Pre-Revamp)

Zakum (Post-Revamp)

All of these videos will have my equipment and level the same to get the best quality demonstrations that I can give. I will continue to update this post with more videos as they are recorded, rendered and uploaded. As a bonus, after the revamps come, I will try to get a solo video of Zakum and possibly the Body Guards (though, I'm not certain the Body Guard one will come to pass, given the whole stun issue with Body Guard A).
    Last edited by Link; 2012-04-28 at 07:08 AM.

2. Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp not yet implemented]

When do JMS get this revamp? I may do this with my shadower when it gets closer for GMS.

3. Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp not yet implemented]

I'm not entirely sure. My best are either on the 11th or 25th of April.

4. Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp not yet implemented]

My prediction is April or May, since you guys seem to get your updates 1 month ahead of us.

5. Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp not yet implemented]

I'm 99% positive it will be one of the dates I mentioned above, since we got the Adventurer/Cygnus revamp on the 21st of March (not all of it, for some weird reason; Certain Paladin skills didn't get all of the proper changes). I don't know the exact date, because some events end on the 11th while others end on the 25th, both dates having a scheduled maintenance.

Anywho, the original post is now updated with the Body Guards video. Enjoy. :P

6. Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp not yet implemented]

I think the 11th is more likely since it's pretty common for multiple maples to update on the same day (like on the 21st-22nd, GMS, KMS, and EMS).

Anyway, nice videos. I wonder if the post revamp ones will include the unwanted laser skill.

7. Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp not yet implemented]

I dunno, they tend not to update until they finish all of their scheduled events. The Maintenance on the 11th is more likely a Cash Shop update than anything else. They re-added the NPCs for the Premium Mini-Dungeon system, so I expect them to be adding the Cash Item for those soon.

As for the Bodyguard video, ShiKage should have told me he was recording...I kinda stopped paying attention for some of it, and got stuck in attack lockout. Was half watching TV at the time xD.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

The multi crit thing isn't a glitch, but if the damage is the same as the first crit then that would be a glitch. Dunno which one you were referring to as the glitch.

9. Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp not yet implemented]

The very first hit against the Papalatus Orb thing is an example of what he's talking about. The first two hits are normal, and then the other four are all criticals with the exact same numbers.

It's weird because although nothing was changed with Pirates in the last update, they suddenly got this display bug. They didn't have it last patch.

10. Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp not yet implemented]

I have the crit bug in GMS on my Merc. Every skill that does multiple hits will do critical and every 2 attacks have the exact same damage.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Oh they're pre-revamp.

Well, post-revamp that isn't a bug at least.

12. Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp not yet implemented]

The original post has been updated to include our Zakum run. Enjoy.

13. Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp not yet implemented]

Here's a short game play demonstration I made. I hate this video, but I've lost care while trying to record. In fact, it's probably the worst video I've ever put up. The keyboard I'm using is such a piece of shit that it doesn't react to my keystrokes sometimes, so attacks don't get activated immediately (there's usually a big delay, which is why you'll see me pause sometimes before I attack) and sometimes, attacks don't even work (which is why you see me jump into enemies instead of jump-attacking enemies).

With that said, this is only a demonstration of how the class is played, not a demonstration of how well I can control my character. This is for the sake of comparing pre-Justice Viper to post-Justice Viper, to go along with the other videos I've uploaded. I will make a post-Justice version of all of these videos once the revamp hits JMS next week (hopefully with better control over my character's actions).

Also, I chose Oblivion 4 because I simply do not know where else to go. I have no idea what can exhibit the play style of the Viper class like Oblivion 4 can. If anyone has any better suggestions, I can try making another video, but I have no guarantees about it. I've done Oblivion 4 so many times in the past, which made me question even making this video. It's just... over used.

Use of Energy Orb was unnecessary, since it's so slow, but I only used it for variety. It kind of gets old just using Buster and Dragon Strike, don't you agree?

14. Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp not yet implemented]

Yeah I was gonna comment on your control (well more about the pauses you take) but you already talked about that. though I feel like you should show more variety by using snatch w/e DS. But then again since your keyboard sucks its kinda hard to show how fluent the class can be played.

And you can go to future henesys. But they dont have as many mobs nor are they as compacted. So I think Oblivion 5 was a good choice. You also could use a crapper knuckle and look for a map with a better layout. though I'm shooting a blank atm.

15. Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp not yet implemented]

Well, I want to keep my equipment the same to show the differences of post-revamp with the very same equipment. Plus, my knuckle is already pretty weak. Most of my damage comes from the full Empress set. lol It was kind of hard to show very much of what the class can do while doing so much damage, though...

I really miss being able to play (and record, for that matter) on my laptop with its keyboard. I used to be able to play so fluidly with it. Ever since it broke, I've had to use some ancient USB keyboard that shows its age as far as how it works.

16. Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp not yet implemented]

Papulatus post-Justice video. Using the bigger resolution was a bad idea, it seems. Oh, well.

Spoiler

I'll attempt to record Zakum and BG tomorrow. I'm not certain they're going to play out well.

17. Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp not yet implemented]

I didn't manage to capture a Bodyguard run today. When we entered and summoned BGA, I switched to window mode and the client borked on me, so I had to close it. >_> However, I did manage to capture two Zakum runs. I'll only show one, though.

The second run was faster than the first one by a few seconds (or more, if you consider the fact that I had Dice 5 and Double 4s in the first run), but I uploaded the first run simply because I better demonstrated the use of Sommersault Kick for dodging attacks (although I did manage to miss a few due to the strange lag I was getting).

Enjoy.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp now implemented]

Probably the most obvious question everyone will ask.

How do you feel about the post-revamp playstyle? Is it terrible? Surprisingly good? A bit of both? Are the changes worth it for the better?

19. Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp now implemented]

A bit of both and yes and no. xd

It surprised me how interesting it can be, but I can already find myself getting bored as f'ucking crazy with Energy Blast once the newness wears off. I'm loving the single target damage ability, but the survivability decrease and how much we get hit annoys me greatly. I miss a lot about the old style, but the new style is a bajillion times easier. It's worth it if you like doing bosses like Zakum and stuff. It's not really worth it if you need the survivability we used to have. Lmao

Oh, and Energy Buster, Tornado Upper and Shockwave are all terrible as f'uck skills, so you basically only have 3 attacks in your arsenal now (+ Summersault Kick for dodging stuff).

20. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default Re: [JapanMS] Viper revamp comparison videos [Revamp now implemented]

Late congrats on level 181180 btw.