Thread: G18 Cometh

1. Default G18 Cometh

For those of you familiar with Mabi what this brings is a new skill tree ( Dual-Gun / Gunner ), new raid system and more crafting skills for creating magic items and gathering materials, and a similar pair for gathering materials and creating guns.

Teaser Site
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/micro-site/saga

For those of you who have no idea what Mabi is, or only a rough idea, it's more of a 3D sandbox RPG that focuses on goal oriented activities. There are no true classes, you can gain infinite levels and infinite skill points and assign them across all skill trees however you want, but advancing along each skill requires actively using it in various scenarios and meeting the requirements of each level to advance. Basically each skill level is a mini quest chain unto itself. Some of which are easier than others.

The game scales fairly well, it has a mix of instanced and non-instanced portions, decent communication systems and a fairly detailed market. There's no real sense of competition between other players because of how open everything is, it's more about cooperating than outdoing each other, or about just doing your own thing.

You can spend your time dungeoneering, exploring quests, working on missions, running major questlines, working on skills of various types, doing commerce runs from town to town in exchange for gold, ducats (special currency) and XP, working on crafting through dozens of skills.

Mabi has it's own forms of grinding as any game does, but they tend to be less repetitive than most and have a specific visible tangible end in sight you can always see getting nearer before you move on to the next task.

2. Default Re: G18 Cometh

Patch is tonight, get your excitement ready.

3. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Default Re: G18 Cometh

I hope Guns are good enough to solve my problem with Fighter as main.. I really need some kind of AoE... Also, is it true that the G18 will be repeteable? I need to finish my Shamala quests too... But I'm too busy with G1...

4. Default Re: G18 Cometh

Aren't all Generation storylines repeatable now, via Duncan?

5. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

Default Re: G18 Cometh

Nope. You can redo the revamped versions of Generations 1-3 once if you completed them before the Genesis update by speaking to Lorna though.