1. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic predisposition.
    His audience got angry after he tried to extend a gesture of compassion by revealing his own struggles with genetically-predispositioned alcoholism.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...gov-rick-perry
    Spoiler

2. Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

Saw someone say something similar about homosexuality on the comments for Boku Girl.

3. Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

I had a weird encounter with something like this a few days ago. My job has us travelling a lot and staying in hotels inbetween jobs, and one night after work where we had to drive to a different one, I walk into the hotel and this Christian guy was talking to the hotel staff behind the counter, first words I hear upon walking in are "Homosexuality is a spirit that possesses the weak" and it took all I had not to just burst out laughing.

It makes me sad to think that people just might believe things like what these people say.

4. Trump minus th money

Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

I'll have you know I've been stalking the pomegranate out of you on batotototototottoto

5. Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

In this case, I feel like everyone is being pineappleing stupid about it unless he specifically stated that homosexuals should be treated like alcoholics and put in rehab. Both ARE genetic predispositions, just like everything else about every living organism in existence has and ever will do. Even once we can freely manipulate DNA, it will still be the case, we will just be choosing those dispositions instead of letting nature do it.

Probably not the best idea to post comments from any form of social media, those people are lowest common denominator.

6. Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

He actually also said this earlier in the week in St. Louis with a same negative response from the audience, more for the implication/admission that it is genetic rather than the alcoholism comparison.

His party is adopting something similar to rehab, though at this point it isn't so much a mandate as it is just a stance.

7. Trump minus th money

Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

It's not a mandate, it's more of just something to offer to people who may desire it.
    After all, ANY sort of sexuality can be harmful under certain circumstances.

8. Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

The leap in logic it takes to assume something that would actively prevent itself spreading is a genetic disposition is amazing.

Especially because the rest of us live in 2014 and here the human genome has already been completely mapped. So there's that slight problem to the argument.

9. Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

...That's nice.

I wonder why they chose alcoholism and not something like heart disease or obesity.

10. Trump minus th money

Well, are gays born that way or not?

11. Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

Sounds like Rick Perry just blurted random crap out without reading anything credible.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../nyreview.html
    Last edited by Moonlapse; 2014-06-15 at 12:14 AM.

12. Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

So you are saying it's all in their heads and is a psychological disorder? That's the only other option; it's either a trait from birth based on genetics, or it is a psychological disorder developed later in life.

I think saying that might piss people off more, you know.

13. Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

Or it's not a "disorder" at all and is perfectly fine?

Because you know, I don't think falling in love with another person of the opposite gender is a disorder, so I don't see why them having the same set of genitals would suddenly change that to something being wrong with them.

Your stupid statement about it being genetic is ridiculous. It's already possible to map the entire genome, and the only people who entertain the ridiculous notion that homosexuality could be genetic are bigots and overzealous religious people.

No, they're not born in love with a person of the same gender (other than perhaps the father/mother bond, but that's obviously not the same thing here). Obviously that doesn't happen until they reach some level of mental development, the same as anyone else.

14. Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

Wait. Are you telling me that you are under the assumption that the people that support homosexuality as genetic are the hyper-religious and people protesting against gay rights?

That is the farthest thing from the truth. Those people you describe are vehemently against homosexuality based in genetics (which is why this is a slight story, Rick Perry being of the same group). It is incongruous to their idea that God would create an individual born homosexual, the same way He would decide your hair color or eye shape such that no individual choice is involved. You see, they believe that homosexuality is a choice, a bad one. God makes everyone straight; your genes, yep, they are all straight. You just chose gay.

I think you are misinformed or have mistaken some tone in Flonne's writing.

There are actually two different stories here:
    1. Noted conservative Rick Perry admitting that homosexuality may be genetic.
    2. Rick Perry likening homosexuality to alcoholism.

The first being much more interesting.

I was mistaken in my earlier post as the St. Louis event was actually this one.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Actually, not all religious fanatics are cut from the same cloth.
    Yes, there are those who believe homosexuality is a choice, but there are also those who believe it is genetic - in the same way alcoholism, deafness, heart defects or mental retardation can be genetic. God does make flawed people, for His own good reasons, but it is our task to heal them or help them get around their inborn flaws. This, apparently, is the stance Rick Perry is adopting.

16. Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

Let me put it to you in terms you might understand better and are directly related to me; do you think I CHOSE to be attracted to children? Do you think I made a conscious decision to be alone and unhappy for my entire life, to the extent that if I ever even wanted to act on it I would be thrown in prison and would be in for an even worse time?

You are wrong, and by continuing to say that you are coming off as a plantain to people that actually have to deal with this kind of bullpomegranate.

17. Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

If there was a biological basis, it would probably more likely hormonal than genetic during some phase of early child birth.

18. Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

You are making a decision to be unhappy. No-one is making you sit at home making nothing of yourself except you. I did the same thing but apparently unlike you (at least so far) I decided to get my pomegranate together after about 3 months and make something of myself rather than sit at home watching anime all day.

You're choosing to be attracted to children too, yes. Or at some point you made a decision which has resulted in you feeling like that's what turns you on. But you're the only one choosing to remain like that, not anyone else. It certainly isn't genetic and it sounds like you're trying to use that as a scapegoat to not deal with your problems.

19. Default Re: Rick Perry went to San Francisco and admitted homosexuality is due to a genetic

Edit:Ignore this post
    Last edited by Moonlapse; 2014-07-11 at 12:53 PM.