Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Default Sengoku Era Information! [JapanMS]

So, the event that gives hints about the big summer update started today. Eager to find out what it is, I rushed to Leafre to collect the quest items Gaga wanted. When I completed the quest, a selection window to get a part of a sentence came up, with red text giving a hint about the update.

Spoiler

The red text says something along the lines of : "In order to assail the target at Osaka Castle in midsummer, the Samurai charged at the enemy line with bravery."

Samurai class confirmed? Osaka Castle as a new area? I will definitely post more if I find out more. Hnng.

2. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

It would be hilarious to see another re-skined version of the pirate revamp but instead of pandas and laz0rs with swords and sakura's leaves.

3. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Inb4 thinly disguised post-revamp corsair/bucc that uses some shooting weapon.

4. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Hmmm... It seems this is only the first wave of hints. http://uniuni0216.blog106.fc2.com/blog-entry-1879.html

This is cool pomegranate.

I don't think they'd make a Samurai class with guns.

5. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Welp... It's Neckzon!

6. Cash3 Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

omgwtpbbq
    Thanks for sharing Justin :o
    I'd surely like to see it be a warrior class that's not a rip-off from the currently existing ones
    Might go play jms despite the lagginess I'll have >:D

7. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Hahah, yeah, that'd be stupid. It'd be like Warriors shooting lasers.

8. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

This isn't the only hint that will be given out, apparently. According to SilverBullet, there will be a different hint for every day of the event. I think the 11th of June July might be the day we see this content implemented.

9. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

what

10. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

I meant July. Shhhh.

Also, with this being Samurai related, I wonder if Osaka Castle will be a past area, alongside Kaede Castle.

11. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Actually they could easily, because in the late 15xx the samurais adopted the European Arquebus in their tactics (they even created some of the most effective ones). But the main weapon should be a Sword... Inb4 Mikhail Re-skin.

12. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Yeah, but then it'd have to be a Pirate and not a Warrior and then I would have to punch a wall.

Also, with how anal the Japanese are about their customs, culture and history, I think they wouldn't mess with the Samurai idea too much. I really hope they won't release a reskinned Mihile, because that's just terrible. I'm pretty sure they would get nothing but hate from that, considering the JP community's reaction of its release in KMS, and there's just way too much to draw inspiration from for a Samurai class.
    Last edited by Link; 2012-06-26 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Okay... Punching a baby is never warranted.

13. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

I would like to walk on present but a present like our present like mmm... kerning square

I'm kinda tired about the present'n past sub-stories :s
    welp, a new place is a new place so whatever I just want to see it

14. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

This class has a lot of potential, Samurais were masters of almost everything from close fighting to cannons, They were good lancers, gunners and close fighting but excellent at using the Bow, Swords and ridding horses. IF they make this class I hope the'll be something more like the real samurais, using ranged attacks(lances/guns/bows) while ridding the horse and their 1v1 totally independent from their ridding abilities. So they'd be a semi mounted class.

15. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

It better use %str.

16. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

It'll be JMS only, you got jett remember!?

17. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

A MAN CAN DREAM MANLY DREAMS. DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

18. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

hah. u funny.

exclusive means nothing. If JMS actaully does create a new class (Ala luminous level new, not Jett/Dragon Warrior new", GMS will find a way to get it eventually.

19. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Yo b`itch, let me bully in peace kk??

But yeah, it'll be reskinned to be tom cruise as "THE LAST SAMERAI"

20. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

That would be extremely strange in MapleStory. The thought of that makes me chuckle a bit. But eh... I really don't want a DEX class. I want it to be a warrior, just because I have loads of warrior gear already (and almost a full level 140 warrior set, minus the cape and sword), which I was saving for my Hero.

But yeah... It would be nice if they could use multiple different types of weapons - a whole different concept than what we see in Maple now. That would be neat. My best bet is on a two-handed sword wielding warrior class. I just know that if they screw this up and it ends up being a reskin of another class, the players are going to be pissed. That is, of course, if this is actually a class and this hint could just mean another ancient Japan area that has Samurai NPCs or mobs or something.