Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

Does Aerial Barrage's passive still work correctly when you need Combat Orders to max it? Because if it doesn't, you lose more damage than you gain from the point in Gust Drive.

2. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

I don't see why he would care since "they're all gonna be at level 20 anyway with combat orders"

3. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

It works as what ever level it is. like after you level up. and you increase your Hp increase from 5 to 8 in 1st job. does your hp increase with it immediately or does it not work at all...? If a skill is lvl x then it gains the effects of x level. even if x= y+1. Its just that when combat orders it lvls up/down alot. I dont think why you think it wouldnt. Just to make it clear because for some reason people dont think passives are effected. It goes like this:

If you skill books is X level, Then it gains the entire effect of X level. Whatever X may be.

And @ kaasoljoyyx, It matters which skills to take out because bosses can Dispell. You want your mind track like this when you have a +skill lvl potenial and want to max everything. Defensive skills should not be touched unless you will have the potenial 100% of the time. Like the codex book. why? because if your in a situation where you are dispelled. the first thing you should always do is cast defencive buffs. And its best if combat orders isn't one of them. Because it increases your chances of dieing. But for attacking skills it doesnt matter. Why? because combat orders will always increase your damage when attacking so you will always cast it before attacking. So if the difference between attacking with it on and off doesn't matter because you will always have it on when attacking.

And at all of you who commented. Especially JoeTang.

I have respect for you but please don't insult someone when they are asking a question when you don't even know how it works yourself.

4. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

I'm asking if the passive effect works with Combat Orders or not because people have had issues in the past with Combat Orders affecting passive skills.

Also, pineapple you. I know for a fact that you don't know because you didn't test it because no one has tested it because everyone is too lazy to test it and that's why they pineappleing ask people like me and Danny about this pomegranate.

5. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

funny you should say this to the only person who cares enough to figure it out

6. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

I didn't mean it in a disrespect full way. And what kind of problems with combat orders and passive effect. And Yes i do know because i had the flipping skill since it came out.

ANd to modular:
    Its ok that He is trying to figure it out. It is not OK to REPEATEDLY insult the dude asking the question. And he keeps on asking in a polite way. Dont think you and Joe are the only people who know anything and everything in maple. <- key point is "anything and everything". I know you know more about damage calculating.

7. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

Level 19: MP Cost: 90, Duration: 176 sec, Damage Reduction: -29%, Status Effect and Elemental Resistance: +24%
    Level 20: MP Cost: 100, Duration: 180 sec, Damage Reduction: -30%, Status Effect and Elemental Resistance: +25%

Not the end of the world. You can still cast your defensive skill if you damn well choose to do it. It's not like the skill is level 0 and therefore unable to be casted at all.

We are telling him for the sake of it. The skill isn't worth putting points into but if he's that desperate then so be it.

That's nice to know.

8. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

HP Boost used to not give its full buff with Combat Orders, and neither did Mastery. I don't know if it still acts like that or not. And Paladins have no passive skill bonuses that act like Aerial Barrage does.

9. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

@ Locked:
    Yes i know its not much of a difference (honnestly none of this shi't we are talking about makes MUCH of a difference) But if you had to choose between a maxed attacking skill and a max defensive skills when you are dispelled. which would you choose?

And dont tell him for the sake of telling him. Its ok when he first ask the question because your all like "OMG THAT NO INCREASE DAMAGE AGAISNT BOSS! wtp ARE YOU EVEN THINKING THIS IS BOSSSTORY". lol,,, but to repeately tell him the same pomegranate over and over again means he doesnt care about your opinion on if you would do it. But on what would leave the least difference when changing the build.

And dont be smart. Just respectfull

@ JoeTang:
    Idk why you would want to max Hp boost with combat orders. But my mastery DID work with combat mastery maxing it so idk what was wrong with yours. And by passive skills you mean skills that increase another skill damage?

-"Why hello there Advance Charge Blow! Its nice to finally see you after such a long time =D"
    -"Hi, I know I am a fast maxing skill but I try to keep my importance"

10. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

Man.

..What the hell are you saying?

Are you indirectly insulting intellectual people and saying they're not respectful? For shame.

Also, Gust Dive still sucks no matter what.

11. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

Yes i am because but the Insult is because you are not respectful to people who know less as well as not taking in account how they see things because you are Intellectual. Well i can say Ishtar Ring sucks if you have 8 mops placed on a flat platform like so:

X___X____X____X____X_____X_____X_________X

It depends on the Situation. As an Intellectual person I would think you would have though of this already. But maybe not. Its ok to miss things every once in a while.

Now the Gust Dive sucking or not, is a matter of opinion in this case as there is NO OTHER SKILL THAT MERCEDES HAS THAT FULLY REPLACES IT. Or replaces it enough to deem it the "suck" categorical. And its damage is not to shabby.

12. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

sorry lag...

13. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

Its damage is terrible and the only actual uses are to rush things an extra 320% and maintain invincibility frames, which it can do at any level. If you want to do damage, you would either use Leap Tornado or just land and use Rising Rush again.

14. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

Honestly do you think I've never played the class and I'm talking out of my ass or something?

15. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

16. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

theres a difference between playing a class and experiementing with a class. Like if you happen to only train at LHC past 120+ then this conversation is stupid as we are seeing from two different sides of the coin. It just so happens that the one who ask the question in the first place is undoubtedly on my side. And if you didnt happen to have CO and was comparing barrage 11 and 20 dive to 15barrage and 16dive. with the combo of dive + rush (because the rush wont get everything the dive got) then you are comparing 36% increase (from max dive) to 8% increase (from max rush). So in that sense Dive is better. Not what were arguing btw w/e.

Actually what are we arguing? That dive is completely useless. If so then you just havent found a use for it.

Im know saying you havent played the class. But mercedes is one of the Unqiue classes that everyone doesnt have to play the same. You can be like all the other classes in the game or you can be total different. I choose to be difference and as such I like dive because of its differentness. Yeah its not the best skill nor is it one that should be used at every moment. But it has its uses and can be used quite a bit in training. For someone who likes to train different other than yourself.

Honnestly this is getting no where. You two are trying to be high and mightly all the time, So I'm just going to call the quits on trying to make you see from someone else's point of view.

17. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

Just so you know, opinions can be wrong.

18. Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

During training: You might use dive if you feel like it even though the vast majority of people wouldn't touch it ever on the way to 200. The # of training maps where you train and have the possibility of getting dispelled = 0. Therefore, who cares what skills he doesn't put to max because it'll never come up.

During bossing: If you use gust dive for bosses, then you have a serious problem. But the dispel shouldn't even matter because combat orders warrants the idea of getting max on everything in the first place, so you should always use it first. If you had CO, you SHOULD use it first because

- Legendary spear
    - Ancient Warding
    - Maple Warrior
    - Ishtar
    - Advanced final attack
    - Dualbow expert
    - Defense break

Getting past max level on all those skills is so much more beneficial than gust dive. Having level 19 vs 20 water shield due to CO dispelling doesn't even matter when you think of all those 4th job skills.

There's no reason to argue, the guy wants to do it that way so let him do it. It provides practically no benefit (possibly negative benefit) but the guy wants his char his way.

19. Neutron
    IGN: DarkXDaisuke
    Server: Scania
    Level: 172
    Job: NightLord
    Guild: Conundrum
    Alliance: Noble
    usa

Default Re: Mercedes SP Build.

Ah thanks I was wondering about whether my cooldown skills would be messed up because I would have to DCO each time to get the proper Cooldown Unicorn spike has a cooldown too but its short so that is why I assume you included that one

no idea why this turned into an argument when I just asked for suggestions on what to lower but they decided to suggest not to lower insistently
    Not what I was looking for but I accepted that they believe gust dive was not useful to them in their training but it is not them playing my character and I like having the extra mobility so I had no idea why they would even try to convince me when it makes no difference to them

I'm sorry my question sparked an argument.