Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Default And Nexon Cuts Another Corner

Just recieved this email today:

This was from a ticket sent in over a year ago, about not being able to transfer a character. I seriously lol'd at the part that said "we hope that we can wipe the slate clean and start over." How many times has Nexon said that before?

I honestly don't see how this company still remains reputable (outside of those who actually play their games, of course.)

2. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Re: And Nexon Cuts Another Corner

Checked my e-mail just in case and lo and behold, I got the same response.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

lol, same.
    For a ticket written a year ago, about Hyper Tele Rocks disappearing from Cash Shop without warning at the Ascension patch.

Ah well, at least they're letting us know they're dropping all the old tickets now. Before, they just stopped sending out the "we haven't forgotten you" spam...

4. Default Re: And Nexon Cuts Another Corner

Nexon Employee 1: Sir! There are too many tickets backlogged for us to handle!
    Nexon Employee 2: Hm, I've got an idea, Just delete all of them and give em a little maple points and maybe a 2x card. Tell em we're startin over.
    Nexon Employee 1: But sir, What about the people who have lost thousands of dollars in NX/Items?
    Nexon Employee 2: I don't pay you to think! I pay you to copy-paste responses, now get to work or you'll join your former co-worker in the pit! -cracks whip-

5. Default Re: And Nexon Cuts Another Corner

I got it too. I forget what my original ticket was even about.

Meh, better than nothing at all.

6. Default Re: And Nexon Cuts Another Corner

I raise you, this:

Sigh. Was RE: a hacked account. What good are two hairstyle coupons. -_-

7. Default Re: And Nexon Cuts Another Corner

I wouldn't call it cutting corners unless the ticket was reasonably recent (1~2 months max, maybe). But hey, gotta find something to call Nexon out on? I'm sure the best response would've been to just leave it open with zero compensation at all for all eternity. But hey! Let's just find something to hate Nexon for!

(Completely expected downvotes because it's Southerperry l0l)

8. Default Re: And Nexon Cuts Another Corner

they're probably not even vip coupons

9. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

What a great thing Nexon did. Now they can do this again after piling up the next 4 years worth of tickets.

10. Default

Like @Jamesie said, they could have (and probably would have) done nothing at all. Can we stop the goddamn peaching and actually wipe the slate clean? God.

Can you imagine how many tickets have been opened and which they haven't gone to? Do you think that it is at all worth it to respond to years-old tickets, for people who might not even play anymore (as a lot of people complaining seem to be, at this point just taking advantage of Nexon)? Can you imagine how many of those tickets aren't even relevant anymore?

I think that wiping the backlog is a great idea and allows them to focus on the new backlog of tickets. If you don't like it resubmit your goddamn ticket.

11. Default Re: And Nexon Cuts Another Corner

I got 1k MP and a 2x Card for my ticket for the Commitment Ceremony glitch, and then another 1k MP and 2x Card about a wedding ticket I had that didn't get refunded when the wedding revamp came.

I guess the 2x EXP Cards might be useful, if they don't gift them to the character assigned as my main character, my level 200 DB.

I really wish they just gifted me 2 Commitment Ceremony coupons or tickets or whatever (I did it twice, okay, I thought maybe the 100-day one would work), and reset them or something.

Well, it's an account I don't use anymore, and I never expected to get a response, much less any compensation, so, no loss, I guess.

12. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

My Demon Slayer is level 200 and my problem to begin with is that i can't get into the cash shop on the character, the rest of the characters on the account are mules for that Demon Slayer...

Yay Nexon!

13. Default Re: And Nexon Cuts Another Corner

Suddenly, people think it's ok to ignore old problems just because they're old.

"GUYS STOP NITPICKING NEXON THEY JUST WANNA START OVER."

Starting over != addressing old problems. It's merely an excuse to forget them and not address them at all.

14. Default Re: And Nexon Cuts Another Corner

If you have a problem with it, resubmit the goddamn tickets like I said. Then you can bring it up to their attention again. And possibly waste even more of their time.

15. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    canada

Wiping the slate clean was a great initiative, the first time. This has got to be the third or fourth time that Nexon American has had to use this as their solution. The history of this company only dictates that nothing will change and they'll continue to be a terrible company to deal with on all levels. You're right that some of those tickets (including mine) are irrelevant now or are attached to inactive accounts, but I can bet you that a large portion of those accounts would not be inactive today if Nexon had addressed the issues surrounding their game and support team in a timely and professional manner.

16. Default Re: And Nexon Cuts Another Corner

Back when Nexon gave out compensation packages for hacked accounts, I didn't get anything from it because my Marksman was deleted and I opened it on a lvl 9 mule.
    Got the backlogged response from the ticket I submitted saying I didn't get the package.

My Ticket

Response

okay

17. Default Re: And Nexon Cuts Another Corner

You're missing the part where Nexon got overhauled. I don't even recall any mention of them wiping tickets since then, with the only thing being that hacked accounts started getting compensation. This is the first time that they're actively purging tickets since the overhaul. (Feel free to correct me on this with proof.)

"Nothing will change" is bullpomegranate. Look at the past few months. If anything, I'd bet that the lack of major bugfixing can be attributed to the growing pile of tickets taking up more time.

18. Default Re: And Nexon Cuts Another Corner

>implying our issues are meaningless/pointless

19. Default Re: And Nexon Cuts Another Corner

Read thousands of tickets from two years ago because that's your job and you have to do it. Have no power to say anything besides "sorry" because the relevant data from the game has been obsoleted and replaced with new data. Waste an entire day.
    Read new tickets and actually be able to do something with them. Find and fix more new bugs and compensate more recent issues. Send more current bugs to Nexon Korea and not get laughs back. "This is too old to fix!"

20. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    canada

The point of the matter is they should have never gotten overhauled. Nexon is one of the largest MMO distributors in the world, they should have a support team that reflects that. Do you think that a company like Blizzard would get away with having a multi-year backlog of tickets? No, and neither should Nexon. I believe you're correct in saying that this is the first time they've actually cleared their tickets, however they've used the excuse that things have gotten bad and they'd like to start of fresh with the community many, many times, each time they've failed to deliver both in game and in their customer service.