1. Default Does wand/staff speed matter for Arch Mages / Evans?

And if so, which attacks does it effect specifically?

2. Default Re: Does wand/staff speed matter for Arch Mages / Evans?

IDK about Evans, but unless they changed it in this last patch, there's no correlation between wand/staff speed and spellcasting speed for archmages.

3. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Default Re: Does wand/staff speed matter for Arch Mages / Evans?

Wrong only ONE skill uses wep speed and that's explosion and that skill is pretty much used only in 3rd job

4. Default Re: Does wand/staff speed matter for Arch Mages / Evans?

My bad Haven't touched my F/P in ages.

5. Default Re: Does wand/staff speed matter for Arch Mages / Evans?

Explosion. It affects nothing else that I know of in the classes you mentioned.

6. Default Re: Does wand/staff speed matter for Arch Mages / Evans?

With Evans your spell casting speed is completely independent of your weapon speed and defaults to normal (6). From there, your passive skill in first growth brings it down to fast (4) and your booster brings it down to fastest (2), meaning that Evans attack speed cap with everything with just booster. I don't know all the specifics for the other mage classes, but I assume they work in a similar fashion.

7. Default Re: Does wand/staff speed matter for Arch Mages / Evans?

I'm not sure if there even is a speed cap for Mages. I know on my Evan, I'll keep on attacking even faster if I have additional speed buffs other than Booster. If Nett's Pyramid still gives the attack speed buff, you can test it out there.

8. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Re: Does wand/staff speed matter for Arch Mages / Evans?

I'm fairly certain that weapon attack speed doesn't affect any mage except for Battle Mage and I think F/P's Explosion was fixed to be like that too (because I know it used to be affected by attack speed), but I could be wrong on that.

In short, only Battle Mages have to worry about weapon attack speed on staffs.

9. Default Re: Does wand/staff speed matter for Arch Mages / Evans?

I never tested anything like that but I assume it's still subject to whatever attack speed limitations are in place. Even so, with a lot of Evan spells I couldn't notice a difference between fast (4) and fastest (2). It was really only the skills with the slower animations where it seemed worthwhile.