Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

Just thought I'd post this here. Some of you might actualy be able to participate, and at the very least it could be an indication that Nexon finaly noticed that their playerbase is pretty annoyed at their lack of communication skills.

Source.

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

Started feeling dubious at around this point:
    Though THIS could be fun:

3. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

Goddamit why can't they hold one on the east coast :(.

4. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

Yeah, why can't they relocate their offices to the east coast?

5. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

This.

6. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

Uh they have office's in the east coast, hence east coast servers? If you recall they were also originally at the east coast, well wizet was lol

7. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

I got a call from Nexon (weird because I'm curious how they got my HOME PHONE #) about a year and a half ago about this exact thing. Focus group near LAX. I couldn't go but maybe I'll go this time.

8. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

You don't need an office to host servers.

9. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

Then again you dont need an office to host a get-together.

10. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

I figure you'd need a building and someone to manage it, why not have it as a location, doesn't have to be labeled as an office

11. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

because based on recent game stability and maintenances, its safe to assume that nexon doesn't want their players anywhere NEAR their servers. :V

12. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

This is interesting, I wonder what could come from this? Hopefully the people they pick don't make the rest of us look bad.

13. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

I'd do it, except for that whole living in Michigan thing.. Who wants to take a road trip?

14. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

Oh the things I would say regarding number 6.

Hopefully the people they choose don't start fangasming as soon as they walk in and turn all hyper dumb.

I wonder if Hime will be there since she is the community manager.

15. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

would be nice to have a remote/skype/interwebs chat to open the community focus to a far larger audience than the LA area, but I guess that would be too difficult and unbiased for Nexon to do.

eh, they'll probably get a bunch of NX whores that'll give a LOL representation of the community (though I accept that as a reality right now). Wonder if the fools they choose are going to be one of those people that say "LOL abusing a glitch and botting aren't hacking at all! Nubcakez"

16. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

If I get accepted for this, don't worry. I will be giving them a piece of my mind.

Also for the adjectives here's what I put: Unfair. Uncaring. Unstable.

17. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

There are thousands of companies that do all that for you for less than you'd pay to do it yourself.

Southperry itself being an easy example. I don't own/rent/lease the building, or have any access to the facility where it's hosted, just the machine itself.

18. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

I figure that the space needed to house a set of game servers is a bit larger than that needed to house a website that doesn't break 2k concurrent users.

19. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

That notice is just a copy & paste of their usual focus group call. They do this every 3~9 months, haven't heard anything significant come out of it.

20. Default Re: Recruitment: Nexon MapleStory discussion

Riiiiiight. Because heavens knows Southperry is the sole thing my hosting company has in their vast data center of hundreds of thousands of boxes, making your point completely valid and relevant.