View Poll Results: Do you spend real money on NX?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. Not at all. I can't afford to.

25 16.34%
  • No. But I buy it with mesos.

15 9.80%
  • Yes. About $10-$25 per month.

42 27.45%
  • Yes. About $26-$50 per month.

30 19.61%
  • Yes. $51-$150 per month.

7 4.58%
  • Yes. $151-$500 per month. I'm rich b*tch.

4 2.61%
  • Yes. I plunder the store's entire supplu of cards until I can pretend to swim in an ocean of them.

3 1.96%
  • No comment. I got other ways baby.

2 1.31%
  • Maybe. teehee >_> <_<

8 5.23%
  • I don't even play anymore. Why am I voting here?

17 11.11%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Cash7 Do you spend real money on NX?

I wonder how many of us actually do.

Edit 1: Oh and on to a question stemming from that: What is your opinion of people who spend/do not spend real money on NX? Should people who spend/spent real money have more benefits than those who did not?

I personally feel that they (the ones who do spend real $) should get more benefits than those who don't; especially those who've spent thousands. The game wouldn't exist if it wasn't for those willing to invest their earnings into it.

Edit 2: Also post how much real money you've spent in total since you've started playing (even if you currently don't play or on hiatus).

Edit 3: In hindsight, I should've added an "I don't want to buy NX even though I can afford it" or an "very rarely" option.
    Last edited by IImaplers; 2013-02-06 at 09:15 AM.

2. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

Not exactly NX, but yes, I do spend a little here and there. My subsequent cubing is going to be done from selling some miracle scrolls I was lucky to get last time though.

3. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

only time I've used my own money in the past several years was for the marvel machine sale ;______;
    I'm ashamed :(

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

I've spent $20 since 2007. idk why, but I really wanted that pack of AP resets for hp washing...

5. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

So none of you have spent really any money on nx, but several of you are extremely funded. May I ask how you guys upgrade without purchasing nx? (Really asking Marksman Bryan and VerrKol).

I don't buy much nx during the school year, but I tend to buy some during breaks.

6. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

I always use the MTS. I don't think I've spent real money on MapleStory since 2009.

7. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

I spend money on NX. There are some things I enjoy in maplestory, and I feel that giving nexon some of my money as a thank you for doing those things I like is appropriate.

8. I've got no strings Straight Male
    IGN: Ryukiro
    Server: Scania
    Level: 183
    Job: Night Lord
    Guild: Vigilante
    Alliance: Lore
    North_Carolina

I'm an off and on spender on MS. I know I'm dropping some cash to finish up my character in RLH but I've probably spent a total of around 1.5~2k the whole time I've been playing this game. Most of that happening from late 2008~2010.

9. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

Occasionally. I like to have pets and their equips at the least on my characters. Sometimes if a good sale appears I will take advantage.

10. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Yea i spend money on nx, but only during dirt cheap cube sales like the daily deal. Spending money on nx is the same amount as buying a brand new video game which is around $70. Video games that i like come out rarely so all my extra game money is saved until a video game i like come out or i need something in maple.

I spend a total of $70 dollars in 4 months just on maple. If their is nothing idont need i dont buy nx. I dont do cash event that give out prizes only spend nx on cube sale and some pet stuff

11. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Taking advantage of duped gear when the MTS was out seems to have paid a lot of dividends for some of us. If you have, this thread is a good place to man up and admit it; your honesty will gain you respect.

Personally, I've stayed away from MTS for the most part except for using it as storage. I've probably spent about 3 thousand on NX since 2006 with most of that coming since 2009.

12. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

Roughly $400 dollars since '06.

13. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

I try to limit myself since in total, I probably bought over some thousand amount when I was little.

14. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

VPQ (Made ~100b* ish back then, which really got my gears good) -> HT ->

Empress (equips)
    ->

Empress (weapons)

Although, right now, because of that stack hack, weapons are ~ 1/5th-1/10th of the price I used to sell them for.

15. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

There are of course a handful of funded people that did it all by working the market. Most of them spend money like there is no tomorrow though, regardless of what they say. Mesos are worth so little, and cubes cost so much. Add all the myriads of scrolls, enhances and protection. It is quite clear. Either that, or they hack or profit from those that do.

Me, I have spent a good deal, but not during the last year or two.

16. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

I don't buy NX on a regular basis, but if there is a good CS sale I will usually buy it with real money (usually it's just Cubes, or awesome limited time deals like Perma Hyper Teleport Rock). I would buy NX from people in-game but my BL is pretty inactive these days and I don't trust randoms.

I used to spend a lot more on NX back in 2008-2010 when I was addicted to MS. It was pretty pathetic ;_;

In all, I've probably spent close to $4,000 of my own money in ~7 years of playing.

17. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I'm not nearly as funded as you think I am (based on my lovely pants). I've got a ~100k buffed range with 56% boss and 100% PDR.

I do merchant, though not as much as I should. Most of my funding comes from boss runs back when HT, CZAK, and Empress were more profitable. I also make sure to take advantage of events like Evo rings. I horded my supply of ~10 rings and sold them about 6 months after the evo3 event to try and maximize profit. I'm currently chaosing and saving tempest rings which will sit on my mules for a few months before I sell them off.

As soon as I get unbanned, I'll be using the 3x and killing Pantheon minibosses to hunt for Helsium equips which I will then enhance before selling and hope like hell for some archer Nova equips.

My bossing partner does way better than I, by merching like mad while using the events, but I just can't be bothered to comb the FM as often or stay up late for FM 1 spots. Not to mention I tend to spend money on upgrades when I make it instead of reinvesting.

18. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

I used to get like $20 a month before bigbang, and I'd usually just spend it on gach tickets and CS clothes. Nowadays I'd probably punch myself if I spent more than $20 on NX.