1. Default Thinking of playing GMS again

So, I've been playing "other games" and I've been thinking of coming back. I currently have a few things in mind of what I want to do but not sure which world to go to. So, here's my other questions.

1. I have multiple accounts that I've had from over the years(playing since v55). Should I make a new account and go from there?
    2. What's a good world to move into? Something with a somewhat medium/large player base. Not Scania, Bera, or Windia.
    3. I was thinking of making a Thunder Breaker(unless they get buffed in a future update) and maybe a Perm Beginner to just have something to play if I get bored and want a challenge.
    4. Would anyone mind supporting me til I can get off my feet? I'd pay you back whenever I'd get the mesos that I borrowed from you.

Thanks for the help

2. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Thinking of playing GMS again

Don't go into this with just the intent to level up.
    That kind of goal isn't as enjoyable anymore.

Find a different primary goal, whatever it may be, and let the levelups be a secondary gain from your efforts.

3. Default Re: Thinking of playing GMS again

I know, I just want to play again and have no idea where to start. Just want to make friends, play the game, and have fun(if possible).

4. Trump minus th money

Well you have a lot of venues to pursue nowadays, that's for sure. Monster Life is really great, as anyone can jump into it regardless of how powerful they are in the "main" game.

5. Default Re: Thinking of playing GMS again

Yea, I've seen a lot of things about Monster Life. Never really tried it or got into it. Still looking for answers to my questions from above.

6. Default Re: Thinking of playing GMS again

1. I would say make a new account, make a start fresh start if you are going to come back
    2. Maybe the GAZED alliance would be good (Galacia, Arcadia, Zenith, El nido, Demonthos)
    3. A thunder breaker would be good, you may want to look into it however since I'm sure it's changed a lot since you were last on (I would not recommend a perm beginner)
    4. Sorry I can't support you. I hope you fare well on your playing however.

I wouldn't really recommend you coming back tbh but it's still your option to, I don't know what the community was like (despite being a pre BB player) back then so I have no comparison to it but I heard that the GAZED alliance is a very nice place from a friend. (Way better than windia I would say from the six minutes I was there).

Anyways good luck with your playing and welcome back.

7. Default Re: Thinking of playing GMS again

Thanks and thanks for answering the questions. I've been playing on and off and been keeping up to date with Maplestory/GMS/KMS. When you say "I wouldn't really recommend you coming back", what do you mean by that? Also, for the perm beginner it would just be something to do since sometimes I usually get bored and decide to play something challenging.

8. Default Re: Thinking of playing GMS again

I think that person meant that the game is pretty demanding on the wallet if you want to keep up with damage.

9. Default Re: Thinking of playing GMS again

Yea, that's true. I've been hearing a lot about how it's P2W. Wonder if they'll ever change it to something different in the future.

10. Default Re: Thinking of playing GMS again

They are trying to change that with attendance checks, more Hot Time events and making it easier to obtain equipment without spending too much.

11. Default Re: Thinking of playing GMS again

I haven't been playing but I'm surprised of all the Hot Time events that are happening. Just got on and making a character now.

12. Default Re: Thinking of playing GMS again

This is mostly what I meant, there's also the undersides of the community you might consistently run into but you'll eventually get used to them or learn how to avoid them. (Well maybe, idk GAZED all that well)

13. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

If you're playing in GAZED, feel free to add me (IGN is ManaSpiral) and I'll help you in whatever way I can. The biggest struggle, in my opinion, is the change in interaction and community for those of us who have played since beta or pre-BB. The other aspect, like others have mentioned, is your wallet. Things seem to move so quickly now (at least compared to pre-BB) and I've been back actively since I guess August or so and I still feel as lost as when I rejoined.

Like @xparasite9; said, you kind of have to hone in on something you want to achieve because there's so much noise that unless you spend a significant amount of time online consistently (and a significant amount of money) you're always going to feel like you're not good enough. As far as perma beginners go - the idea is really cool, but as I found out, the reality isn't as nice anymore as it was when leveling was slow as hell in general.

14. Trump minus th money

I don't really know why anyone would want to get into a game that punishes players for not consistently playing.

15. Default Re: Thinking of playing GMS again

Thanks for the post. I actually just got to Lv30 on my TB and had to get off to do a few things. I'll add you in-game whenever I get the chance. As for the wallet, the only thing I'll probably spend it on is NX. I'm not much of a person who would buy items for USD.

16. Default Re: Thinking of playing GMS again

This is exactly what they meant by it's hard on your wallet (also buying items for USD is kind of a waste, and against ToS).

17. Default Re: Thinking of playing GMS again

Definitely start off in GAZED. I'm in Windia and our server has felt quite empty lately.