Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Maxing Dilligence and Willpower

I think I remember reading that you could max these two (and maybe more) Traits in one sitting by raising profession lvls.

Can anyone confirm? And if so, how much would it cost to do it?

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Maxing Dilligence and Willpower

around 100M for dilligence.

and i think around 400M for willpower, can't be bothered to calculate it atm, but on average, with maxed dilligence, you craft 975 silver plates, you can calculate it from there.

edit: oh, and confirming, yea it can be done.

3. Default Re: Maxing Dilligence and Willpower

Hmm... hope this helps, using Silver Ores, just for mining and herbalism though.

4. Donator Straight Male
    panama

adjusted would be with maxed mastery no? i got pretty much the same numbers.

5. Default Re: Maxing Dilligence and Willpower

Yep got lvl 99 willpower and abusing it on bosses (for now) with that nice 99% status resist. Haven't ever gotten touched by any status effect once in so many boss runs. I could raise it to 100 though, but I kept like this for fun.

6. Default Re: Maxing Dilligence and Willpower

Mhm. Also, with max dilligence, you save ~50m going from 1 to 100 Willpower, and from what I found, every time you go from 1 to 10 once in Mining, you could do 1 to 10 3~5 times, don't remember for sure, in Smithing.

7. Donator Straight Male
    panama

yea, i could also get 1~10 in alchemy twice, after getting 1~10 in herbalism.

8. Default Re: Maxing Dilligence and Willpower

So, what would be the most economical things to make/smelt/mine for these then?

Also.. am I reading the chart right? 2hours just to max mining ONCE?

9. Default Re: Maxing Dilligence and Willpower

Silver/Opal Ores. Buy for 2k each at Nack in Ardentmill.

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Do it once a day to save money and abuse the daily trait limit efficiently enough for it not to take so damn long. You'll get 3055 trait exp a day that way.

You can craft till you hit 500 everyday like @CrazyForDex, which is cheapest, but takes FOREVERRRRR.

11. Default Re: Maxing Dilligence and Willpower

Is there a way to track how much of each trait I've raised per day? Or do I have to keep count?
    Also, how long is "FOREVERRRRR?"

12. Default Re: Maxing Dilligence and Willpower

In the professions window, go to the "My Professions" tab. Hover your mouse over whichever trait you want to check (in this case diligence/willpower) and it will tell you how much you have out of 500.

13. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    usa

Go to profession window, first tab, hover over the trait in the circle graph and you'll see XXX/500(0).

He's been at it for...i dunno...winter break?

14. Default Re: Maxing Dilligence and Willpower

It's about a little less than 6 months, assuming you do it everyday and twice on the weekly SC day.

15. Default Re: Maxing Dilligence and Willpower

Ok, just been having a looksee at some of the charts for professions, included the one provided in this thread.

going from lv 1 crafting to lv 10 gives 2555 EXP. And the cumulative EXP from lv 1 Diligence to lv 100 is 93956. So that's a full circle of lv 1-10 crafting about 37 times with each one going for about 2hours. So in total 74 hours.. someone tell me if I'm going wrong here or not...

16. Donator Straight Male
    panama

gonna take longer, since that would be if you never stopped crafting AT ALL.

but yes, that sounds about right. it won't get bad until you reach level 50+ though.

17. Default Re: Maxing Dilligence and Willpower

Not sure about 74 hours because I started doing it with lvl 100 diligence instead. But it does get faster then you do it with the extra mastery bonus saves me about a quarter of the time I guess as opposed to normally and you get to just afk for long duration smelting cycles easily.

18. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    usa

My diligence is lvl 89 atm and I have been doing it for around 5 months. I wouldn't say I do it every day, but some days I did buy the fatigue potions and max smithing a few times. It only takes a few minutes and the rewards you gain are great. Mining on the other hand is a larger pain- my willpower is 39.

19. Default Re: Maxing Dilligence and Willpower

Since no one else has mentioned it yet, if you're planning on doing Willpower I'd strongly recommend investing in some Mineral bags. I've got a 12, an 8 and 2 5s which gives me 30 slots, but the bags only take up 4. I got my Diligence to 100 a few days ago and got from 45-58 willpower since Tuesday or so.

20. Default Re: Maxing Dilligence and Willpower

100m per cycle of maxing mining? Or 100m to max dilligence?