Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default [Kin] The first path of the Kin

What IS this?
    this quest definitely showed up with the RED update, but it isn't in the update notes. At first I thought maybe it's part of the Kritias quests, but the quest dialogue specifically asks you to hunt for monsters in Mystic Gates. KMS doesn't have Mystic Gates, or Silent Crusade.

Then I was wondering if maybe it was part of the JMS Silent Crusade update, since it starts at the same level the Silent Crusade quests do, and has a [Kin] mark in the same way Silent Crusade has [Silent Crusade]. It seems weird if it's backported or something, since it's been fully translated.

It also has nothing to do with the All 4 one event.

The quest doesn't seem to possible at the moment either way, since none of the mentioned monsters drop the item requested.

Does anyone know what this is?

2. Default Re: [Kin] The first path of the Kin

Yes they do, KMS is where we got our current Silent Crusade from.

As for the quest, it was in KMS too, but I never finished so I dunno what it does. It's related to the Kin Ring, though. I think maybe it gives out a 1 day Kin Ring, but I'm not sure.

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    uk

Default Re: [Kin] The first path of the Kin

Oh, I thought they had something different. Or is Cross Hunter just a rename? I'm stupid.

4. Default Re: [Kin] The first path of the Kin

Pretty much. The Japanese version is Cross Brigade, we called it Silent Crusade in GMS, and when we switched from Cross Brigade to Cross Hunter we didn't change the name, and they also imply that Arkarium tampered with the circumstances under which we encounter them in a throwaway line near the start of the current Silent Crusade quests.

There's 3 quests in a chain, each one gives you a title and a kin ring. The title, oddly, doesn't currently appear to be in the data, or at least, there's no strings for it.

The titles give All+5, HP/MP +300, then All +10, HP/MP +500, and finally All +15, HP/MP +1000 and are time limited.

5. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    uk

Default Re: [Kin] The first path of the Kin

Well, that's a mystery solved, thanks a lot :D

you sure do know a lot!