Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

Theoretical Example:

Epic weapon with 2 potential bonuses (lines):

Top bonus: Can be any bonus listed as Epic primary
    Bottom bonus: Can be any bonus listed as Epic secondary, you will not get any bonuses listed as Epic Primary in this line.

The second line is kind of like a sub bonus. It wont have all the potential bonuses that the top line can have and is for the most part usually a weaker bonus, but still a good bonus nonetheless.

That's why you see Unique weapons with:

DEX+9% (unique primary bonus)
    DEX+6% (unique secondary bonus)

And you do NOT see any uniques as

DEX+9%
    DEX+9%

Note: We have seen that there is a chance for the 3rd line to be either a Primary line (aka can end up with any bonuses listed as primary) or secondary line. It seems that it's almost always secondary though.

2. Default

The second line of a two-liner can occasionally be primary too.
    I have Rare earrings that are 3% Weapon defense, 3% INT

3. Default

I think an easier way to understand it is as follows:

The first (primary) bonus of an item always corresponds to the rank.

Unique bonuses: Always appear on the first line of Unique items
    Epic bonuses: Always appear on the first line of Epic items
    Rare bonuses: Always appear on the first line of Rare items
    Junk bonuses: Appear on Rare items on lines 2/3

The second and third line of items are usually one rank below the primary bonus. So for example, on an 3 line Epic item, 90%+ of the time, you will receive these bonuses:
    -Epic
    -Rare
    -Rare

Occasionally, the second and third line bonuses can be better than normal. There is no limit to what rank the second and third bonus can be. So for example, it's possible to obtain on a rare item:
    -Rare
    -Junk
    -Unique (very very rarely)

The only limitation to this is that the Unique bonus must be a better version of a lower level bonus. So, you can't obtain Decent Hyper Body on Rare pants, no matter what, but you can obtain 9% dex.

4. Default

Simple way to understand it:
    - Rank A-
    - Rank A
    - Rank B- (which is as good as Rank A)
    - Rank B
    - Rank C- (same as Rank B)
    - Rank C

Harder way: In the end, you still only have 3 ranks, Rare/Epic/Unique. But those aren't the ranks of the bonuses, they are the ranks of the ITEMS. A fish can be rated first-class rank, that doesn't mean its fin has to be first-class. We just happen to use the same names (Rare/Epic/Unique) instead of pulling new ones out of our asses (like I did, A-/A/B-/B/C-/C) for coherence purpose.

5. Default

Can someone test whether or not critical is actually 8% chance? After testing it extensively last night, it seems like 6% instead of 8%.

6. Default

Can I see the data on this?

7. Default

I guess you mean, it has to be something that the primary line can have. Cause the first percent stats are on Rare primary, so "junk" stats would never be able to get them if it had to be something that started as junk but got rated higher.

8. Default

I tested it with this:

I can't show you data because I didn't take screenshots when I tested it, but it was definitely 3%. I can't test it again either since I recubed it already for the reason that the 3% overshadowed the 6%, which made that particular cubing absolute crap.
    Last edited by 2147483647; 2010-09-16 at 01:32 AM.

9. Default

Ok I'm still confused about %damage stacking -- I read through this thread and didn't see an answer but I might have just glossed over it. Does % boss damage and % total damage on the same item stack?
    e.g. if I have 20% boss damage and 6% total damage on my weapon, what result will I get?

10. Default

As far as I have read, different bonuses stack, while a double bonus (like 2x boss dmg, doesn't matter what %) does not stack. About the result, on bosses you would either way see 126% damage (additive bonuses) or 127.2% (1.20 * 1.06). I don't know if bonuses add or multiply.

11. Default

Then why does harrizon say only the lower line counts when he had

- ???
    - 6%
    - 3%

And his damage only did 3%

12. Default

So if I read correctly, if you have 2 lines of % Total Damage, only the lesser of the % is actually applied?
    So on a 2 line weapon, if I had

9% Total Damage
    6% Total Damage

It would only give me 6% total damage, and not roughly 15%? (Multiplicative, not additive, so 9% X 6%)

What about

30% Damage to Boss
    6% Total Damage

Is that going to give me 30% X 6% when attacking a boss?
    Or does one of them over-ride?

13. Default

i think in the case of the % daamage + % boss, The boss % would take over AFTER the % damage is applied.

14. Default

Double bonuses do stack. Things like %stat and %stat, or %int and %int stack additively, because they are the same bonus. The only double bonuses that don't stack are boss damage x2 and total damage x2.

To gain a multiplicative bonus, the bonus must be different (eg. %magic and %total damage). If total damage and boss damage stack, it's most likely going to be multiplicative, though it's possible that they might be additive since they both affect the "total" amount of damage dealt to a specific monster. However, it's still not confirmed whether or not they do stack anyways.

15. Default

Wow, this really makes things interesting if % total damage does not stack.

16. Default

Just in case anyone was still unsure about whether %atk works with pots, here's pictorial proof that it does not include pots:

1077 str 102 dex 219 atk produce this range.
    184 base atk + 3% atk + 30 atk pot
    184*1.03 + 30 = 219.52
    (184+30)*1.03 = 220.42
    So... pots definitely not affected.

17. Default

I could be wrong, but aren't both 219.52 and 220.42 rounded to 220?
    I could live with it, but I think it would be wise to test it again with a higher %ATT boost. This way the numbers are a bit too low to really see a difference.

18. Default

Everything in maple is truncated [rounded down]

So 10.9999999999999999999999999999999999999 rounds to 10, not 11