Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [In Progress] Insane Asylum Mafia END MAFIA WINS.

1. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

And yes, I play aggressively. That's my preferred style and it largely benefits town by getting people to talk and show themselves more. If everyone plays quiet then nothing will get done.

2. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

Honestly the opposite case is more likely to be true - as seen with LuvD in past games, Southperry tends to be very resistant to lynching new players without good reason / very forgiving of suspicious posts by new players.

3. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

Wait what? The reason why I voted for Kyrastri after Shidoshi already did was because I was initially suspicious of her, but I couldn't place the reason (see my first or second post today), so I didn't vote for her based solely on gut feeling *ahem*, but then Shidoshi went and posted what I was thinking but couldn't really put into words. Now that I have a reason, I'm fine with voting. And yeah, Kyrastri's townie megaposts have more scumhunting than her scum megaposts, so there is a slight difference if you pay attention to it. Plus, Kyra's Cakes vote is still weird because he's always pretty inactive, and on top of it this time he seems to have a post restriction. There were several other inactive people, and to be honest Cakes seemed like the most innocuous to me. If I was going on inactivity/antiactivity I would be going after Razmos, but the Kyrastri wagon has more backing it to be honest. Oh yeah, what do you mean when you say that I'm accusing my victim of the same tactic I'm using? Do you mean long posts about meaningless theory and no scumhunting? Maybe earlier in the day but now that we actually have something to go on you'll notice that I haven't really posted much about theory at all. Also, if I wanted an easy lynch I would have gone for Razmos both days. Hell, on day one the reason Razmos was almost wagoned to death was because he had a flimsy reason for voting for me. And Kyrastri's actually quite a difficult lynch, as you can kind of tell by how today is going.

Also also, as for why I'm being more aggressive, it's because I'm improving my day game. I feel much more comfortable with scumhunting now compared to before, as a result of playing more games and being able to see people's intentions and interactions.

Oh yeah, sorry for not checking in for the past like 12 hours, SP was being dumb. I tried!

4. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

As an aside, part of the reason I seem less invested (aside from the essays I'm writing as I type this) is that I'm pretty confident in my vote. I'm content to let some of the other discussion go on because it gives me a better idea of who has what intentions and how people are interacting. I'm not so confident in my vote as to push other people to follow it, so it seems more beneficial to let some of the other arguments/theories develop instead, interjecting when I have a specific point I want to make. I am, though, actively reading and keeping up with the thread and with events. Most of which seem to be mini-OMGUSs or at least developing towards such.

5. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

Not trying to defend Kyrastri, but where the hell did @CakesXD; disappear to?

6. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

Good question. I've pointed that out since Day 1.

7. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

Sorry I haven't been posting much. SP was a bit glitchy yesterday and I ended up going to a Forster the People concert.

[Vote]: @Razmos; This may be a tad hypocritical, but he really hasn't posted much of significance. I also think he and others are putting far more emphasis on the arsonist idea than is warranted and it's actually detracted from the real scum hunting with pointless theorizing. Just to be clear: I'm not discounting the possibility of an arsonist, but it seems like a bit of a leap in logic from "smelly liquid".

Also on my suspicion list is Kyrastri. Her posts have been less informative/critical than usual.

For those suspicious of me, I'll explain what I've done so far. I voted as I do 99% of the time on Day 1 to provoke a reaction. Unlike others that vote to get someone to speak, I do not usually immediately remove my vote. I've found this works better for provoking reactions since most people assume I'd remove it as soon as they posted even if it was nothing but fluff. I was hoping to find something to grab onto today but I'm left with nothing but relatively insubstantial suspicions. Of course, I'd rather not see Luv getting too much power from his double vote so I'm throwing in my vote now.

I'll throw out at least a little speculative alternative to the arsonist theory since it seems to be what everyone is most interested in. It's possible that yesterday's lynch was actually interrupted by surprising the would be murderer with a bunch of smelly water. This might explain why 2 people were hit, but it's probably wishful thinking that two mafia members would announce themselves to easily. But I'll just posit that there's more than one way (doctor) to prevent a lynch and we're kind of tunneling on the arsonist thing to the exclusion of alternatives.

8. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

I haven't been theorizing that at all, I simply said i'd been doused in something smelly, which is more or less what was said in my night PM. It was others who started theorizing.

And did I not just post regarding my role and the way i'm playing? that's pretty significant. You seem to just be rehashing what other people are saying and jumping on a bandwagon.

I could post what my role is and what i've done so far, that would relieve me of some suspicion, but then i'd likely be targeted to be killed regardless. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't, since people seem pretty set on lynching me so far.

9. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

[Vote] Kyrastri

Okay, I made up my mind. This seems like the most possible mafia candidate. After reviewing everyone's posts more thoroughly (I admit I wasn't reading much on posts), I agree with Shidoshi that Kyra does look like a potential mafia candidate. I'm sorry for changing my mind again, but because I was really confused, and I did not know who to believe, hence the vote against Kyrastri. I would not want to try against Ramzos. I dunno whether if he's telling the truth, but for now, Kyra looks worse than Ramzos to me.

Once again, my sincere apologies for my clouded judgement last few days.

[EDIT]
    Reason why Kyrastri looks mafia-aligned:
    1. Posts a helluva long message and yet says very little in substance, as said by Shidoshi.

2. Cake's vote isn't random, to me at least, but it's considered a safe vote, as Cakes may or may not be mafia. His inactiveness is quite like him in the previous games, whether if he's Town or Mafia. (Omg, metagaming, sorry.) What I'm trying to say is that no doubt Cakes is quiet, but I don't really think that Cakes is dangerous, yet.

However, there might be the case where Shidoshi and Kyra are actually mafias, and they were bussing each other. I have that slight thought, but I'm not sure yet.

[EDIT X2]
    Looking back at Ramzos' post above, it seems as if he has a doctor/cop/power role. I suspect he's a doctor, or conversely, a mafia member. But Kyra still looks more scummy than Ramzos for now.

[EDIT X3]
    And I am really happy that most of you believed me :) No one has come to counter-claim my role, so I'm definitely telling the truth :)

10. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

So, Razmos now has 3 votes. If Luv does have a double vote, that means Kyrastri has 4 votes now and will by lynched. If Luv is lying then both Razmos and Kyrastri have 3 and the lynch gets blocked, but that would mean one of the other three have a double vote and have been lying about it (which really would not make much sense, for mafia or town). I'm going to remove my vote on Razmos for now, incase they actually do have a useful power, and see how things unfold for a little while longer.

11. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

Razmos (3): MasPan, VerrKol, Polantaris
    Kyrastri (5): Shidoshi, Holypie, Meowmixx, LuvD (+1)
    CakesXD (1): Kyrastri
    Shidoshi (1): Razmos

I have a feeling you are backing away from Razmos for a different reason...

Note that I dropped my vote for the time.

I was so tired that I just ended up posting what I had. I was following this statement:

12. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

Such as? I don't want a no lynch again, and I'm unsure of Kyrastri, so I would rather remove my vote for now and possibly prevent a no lynch than vote for Kyrastri. If it gets closer to a tie or something clicks, then I'll vote, but for now I'd rather look over what has been said. I'm also pretty sure Razmos has a power, but whether it is town aligned or not I have no clue.

13. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

@Niernen;
    I think it was just a miscalculation in the numbers that confused me.

I forgot to point this out before. Interesting theory, I had considered the two victim, but it did cross my mind that they had sinister intentions that were stopped. Unfortunately, it is just speculation. Too many theories, so little real information...

14. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

I am genuinely curious to see if Luv is telling the truth, so if you guys want me to vote for Razmos (or Kyra if that's how the votes align later), I will. That's pretty much the only way I can help and I feel sort of useless. Just let me know.

15. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

Sure, I can prove it today. How do you want me to prove?

16. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

Please don't, I'd rather we just trust him based on the information of yesterday's tie and not risk another no lynch, which would really screw over the town. If he's lying, we can deal with that later, but for now we should make sure someone gets lynched, whether it's Razmos or Kyra.

17. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

Fair enough, I sort of trust him too, and nobody else has claimed to have a double vote so there's that. I just figured if we could verify a role it would be helpful.

18. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

Normally yes, but we've already got enough information to reasonably conclude that he is the double voter. Knowing for sure doesn't improve the ability of town-aligned players to use any night actions they might have more accurately, nor does it significantly alter any voting patterns during the day. For that matter, we'll likely end up having more evidence to support the claim as days go on anyway, and wasting a day to confirm him could just result in the mafia killing him to take advantage of that.

19. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 2.

No...

Look... discussion... thread...

Hehe... just... fun...

Shidoshi... aggressive... like... that..

Razmos... not... sure...

Leaves... you...

​[Vote] Kyrastri

20. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Night 2.

After a long day of discussion you all finally decide on who should be lynched. You gather around Kyrastri and tie them up.

At the end of the day the man in the white lab coat enters the room.

"So, this is who you've picked?" "Alright I suppose. I'll take care of them"

The man in the white lab coat grabs Kyrastri and leds them out of the room.

It is now Night 2. Night 2 will end 24ish hours from now, or when all night actions have been sent in.