1. Default Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

So I found a guy that's selling a pretty badly scrolled Empress Glove that is also cubed to Legendary with Decent Speed Infusion and I was debating buying it but before I go and do anything I might regret, is Decent Speed Infusion worth using on an F/P?
    I remember reading somewhere that Paralyze is 84 casts per minute and goes up to 88 with Decent Speed Infusion (not sure on how much truth this merits though), which can add up to be quite a difference, especially when I'm capped at 999,999 x 4 already.
    Decent Speed Infusion lasts 240 seconds and obviously I won't be using the glove so I would be swapping it out with my Dojo Glove to recast every time it runs out (since I assume this is still possible).

Is there anyone out there that has Decent Speed Infusion on any Mage (mainly I/L or Bishop since I can relate to those unlike BaM and Evan) at all and notices any significant difference when using it and when not using it?

Any help is much appreciated.

2. Default Re: Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

Personally when I had it on bishop it didn't feel like a big difference.

Also it's really annoying to switch equips in the middle of a boss run. I still have my decent HB on android pants and half the time I don't even bother to switch. I think any extra DPS you'd gain from dsi would probably be cancelled by the time you spend switching equip, casting it, then switching back. (unless it's something you can kill really fast)

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

It depends on the fight. PB for example, which he seems to do very very often, you could just switch out and cast while he's got DR up to get the most out of the 20 some odd seconds you have to do damage on him.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

yeup, on PB, the CD on on SI/SE allow me to have them on through 2 crashes before having to switch during the next reflect, the massive range of his 1/1 may prove annoying though, since you'll be unable to switch if you keep getting hit.

i wouldn't suggest getting the glove honestly, in your case it doesn't sound like it would provide much improvement. maybe if you could cap with the glove equipped.

5. Default Re: Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

I was thinking more for Dojo purposes since it would allow me to worry about getting bumped out of the top 10 a little less.
    Right now I don't really have anything left to cube (Unique is good enough for me, don't care for Legendary), or scroll, so I'm just looking for other alternatives to spend my mesos.

6. Default Re: Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

I would grab it if it's not too expensive and you have little else to upgrade. An extra tool in the box as it were.

7. Default Re: Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

If you can get them for the right price, but also don't knock out the possibility of alien cubes coming back with S rank eventually

8. Default Re: Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

I'd still be swapping the glove out for a Dojo Glove since you can't socket those (even if you could I'd still prefer the % Int) and I'm not spending the money to scroll an Empress Glove plus the Nebulites (if they ever do come out) will be just as expensive as this glove would be.

9. Default Re: Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

I was implying the nebulite would go onto work gloves so any future classes you make can also benefit from SI whenever, just depends how cheap the gloves are/if you ever want to make anything except a f/p

10. Default Re: Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

I'd still have to swap the gloves out every time to recast it so it wouldn't really make any difference.
    I don't ever plan to make new characters (aside from Character Deck and Link Skill which I don't even need to fund) so the other point is irrelevant to me.

11. Default Re: Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

You said it was for dojo, you have time to switch it between each set of 5/even between floors. As for how useful decent SI is, the difference of one atk speed isn't that noticeable but its there/will add up to be a lot over all the floors

12. Default Re: Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

I don't get what you're going on about then.
    I already said I would switch the glove out for my dojo glove and I know how to switch it out, lol.
    Obviously the glove won't be for only dojo, and I know how useful it is, I was just hoping someone with some data and/or video would come in and show me how much of a difference it could make.

13. Default Re: Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

does staff speed affect our casting speed?

14. Default Re: Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

Nope, staff speed has no effect for adventurer mages.

@Green4Ever
    You can always do a extra run of dojo using the +1 casting speed buff in the rest area.
    That should get you a pretty good idea if decent SI is worth it or not.

15. Default Re: Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

That's what I thought. I just had to shove it all in my friend's face.

16. Default Re: Decent Speed Infusion on a F/P Arch Mage - is it worth it?

I said screw it and went ahead and bought the glove anyway, lol.
    Haven't used it in Dojo yet, but I used it at PB and noticed a little difference during the Statues, not a huge difference though.
    Need to test more on bosses and such but from my visual testing it's about 84 casts a minute without and 90 casts a minute with, which can add up.