Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [Bowman] [RED] Archer Skill Builds

1. Default

>mfw illusion step adds 40 dex.

2. Default

I would actually put 29 spirit link and 14 puppet

3. Default

I don't know if this has been said already, but illusion step seem to be really good like the thiefs shadow shifter. Its not the fail dodge we have now on our archers, it works exactly like shadow shifter and gives you an animation when it activates. I have tested this on tespia.

Does anyone know how good untimate inferno is compared to hurricane now? with calculations if possible. In the GMS version we have now, inferno is so bad that hurricane is better used on places like LHC mobs right. What happens after Ascension hits? Does the advanced final atk with hurricane still put untimate inferno useless at mobs or is it worth maxing? Because when I tried in tespia, with the new puppet + untimate inferno + phoenix the mobbing ability of Bowmasters seem so much better than it is now. I can't decide if I should leave all skills at 29 and then use leafre monster set to get +1 to all skills, or if its worth it for other people to get a helmet with +1 and keep all skills at 29 and try to get more points into inferno.

If anyone can come up with calculations to show how untimate inferno compares to hurricane after patch it'll be really helpfull.

4. Default

I definitely found U.Inf to be more effective at killing mobs in MP. However, from my standpoint as a bosser, i'd rather my coveted sp (lol) go towards skills that bump up my 1v1 more than anything else.

5. Default

How about bosses like Cygnus Empress? wouldn't Ultimate Inferno be a really good skill there instead of spamming hurricane on like 6 mobs?

Really hard to give up our best mobbing skill :( Why did nexon have to go from having 60 useless skill points into not having enough...

6. Default

Where do you get 6 mobs at Empress?

Anyway look at it my way. I already hit 800k with Inferno on neutral mobs with no ultimate inferno. Pumping points into a skill that will already do max damage seems pointless when I could put it into a skill that can potentially hit max damage.

7. Default

You're very very far from the average archer speaking from a funding standpoint.

However, with empress, I rarely if ever run into mobs of 6. While the instructors do sometimes summon a couple Adv. Knights, they're killed so quickly that it's negligible and definitely not worth investing points into a skill that has such a limited use.

Empress: Instructors summon a small mob one or two times, not worth it.
    HT/CHT: Couple wyverns every minute or so that fly off randomly throughout the map, not worth it, hurricane picks them off just fine as it is, and we'll have phoenix out as well as E.Puppet to dish damage.
    VL: The goal is not to kill the mobs but rather fill up the map with non-mini golems.
    Zak/Czak: Same issue has HT, while the map is smaller, the premise is the same.
    Pink Bean: This is the only time I can see it being debated. When PB summons like a dozen mini beans that block access to PB, and quickly use wep cancel, I can see there being a benefit to having a very potent U.Inf. However, keeping in mind that we'll have our phoenix out to help, and i'll be summoning my E.Puppet near enough to PB to do damage (and thus close enough to probably get at least 1 hit in on mini beans) I think the job is accomplished as well as it could be all things considered, and so I wouldn't invest any extra points into U.Inf.

8. Default

I have a problem with E.Puppet, all my archer life I have placed a puppet where it cant be hit so it lasts as long as possible, so mobs just wonder around doing nothing so I can take them down...now I'm supposed to cast puppet in the middle of mobs so it can be hit(and I'll prolly get hit too) as well as attack them...it is going to take some getting used to using puppet completely contrary to how I have been using it for the past 6 years.

9. Default

No, you don't have to do that. If you want, it's completely up to you. Elite Puppet absorbs 20% of your damage though, so really the DPS of Elite Puppet is negligible to be honest.

10. Default

Yes, it's different. However, with the benefit of 30k hp, and the ability to dodge, and some fair defense (somehow), it lasts a lot longer than you'd think.

Also, and I hope this doesn't come over from tespia, but puppet doesn't work right. By that I mean that if I atk a monster, summon a puppet on the other side of the platform, and attack from between the two, the monster will still attack me, even though it'd rather attack the puppet. Not sure why this is, but it sucks.

P_______me->->->->monster

11. Default

That's how Puppet works. ENJOY.

12. Default

Because it's OP.

13. Default

Your Puppet's HP goes up from 10000 to 30000, and you take 20% less damage. What's not to want?

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Even more instant death if damage reflect is involved and you don't re-shift it? :/ That sounds like it's going to piss a lot of bowmen off.

Oh yeah, and their summons would set reflect off too. Funny since it's tied to 20% damage. :P

15. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

To second and third job of bowmasters, what skill I DON'T max? In third job I can't see which I shouldn't.

16. Default

Since when?

2nd job: Hawk
    3rd job: Mortal Blow or Strafe.

17. Default

REALLY? HOLY pomegranate THIS IS LIKE BROKEN FOR BOWMEN AND MAGICIANS THEN SINCE THEY CAN'T DISPEL THEIR SUMMONS

18. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Can they actually not? If there's an icon chances are it'll be hidden between 30 other icons and maybe moving around. You'd have to right click it before it has a chance to attack and hit the boss and...kill you. On top of moving puppet.

I don't care if you realize this and am using sarcasm to patronize me. This just isn't discussed like ever and it's kind of the worst disadvantage ever imo.