1. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default It's gonna be one boring summer...

There won't be any major update for KMS. Does anyone else feel bored of MapleStory because of the lack of content from KMS?

They are probably spending the time on the winter update, which could be 5th job. What do you think? Why and what are they doing in the time we won't get a major update?
    Unfortunately, this probably means we won't get a major update until next summer in GMS. UNLESS, they are collaborating with us on releasing the same content at the same time over the winter (just wishful thinking)

---
    http://ir.nexon.co.jp/en/library/pdf/20140513_2.pdf
    On page 17 for MapleStory, there is no content update for Q3 in sight. This will be one long dry spell.

2. Default Re: It's gonna be one boring summer...

Rather a fleshed out update than pumping out laughable content imho

3. Default Re: It's gonna be one boring summer...

I'll just continue my usual routine of Gollux, Commerci, maxing out GP and going AFK until Flag Race.

4. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: It's gonna be one boring summer...

I'm curious as to how Nexon plans to handle this, as well.
    Nothing new has come out in kms, and gms tends to suck at creating their own events.

Ah well, gives me time to work on other things (outside of maple).

5. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

We'll just see and try to survive the summer wave.

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I wouldn't mind another Makeover Month haha. That update was pretty damn great. So much free NX.

7. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: RenmazuoDX
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 220
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Mugiwaras
    Alliance: Imperium
    Farm: RenVilleDX
    Kentucky

Sounds like a good time to get back into C&C Renegade !

8. Default Re: It's gonna be one boring summer...

NA is only responsible for 3% of their income? Wow. Why do they even bother?

9. Default Re: It's gonna be one boring summer...

Now, don't be so hasty.

Spoiler

10. Default Re: It's gonna be one boring summer...

You say this like it's a surprise. It's kind of like saying you expect JRPGS to have a higher income than Japan and other Asian countries. Both NEXON Japan and Korea have a lot more games than we do in America. 3% isn't even a surprise to me.

11. Default Re: It's gonna be one boring summer...

Winter will suck for maple for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it ultimately killed GMS.

Oh well

12. Default Re: It's gonna be one boring summer...

That just means a Tier 1 update.
    2013 Q1 Investor Presentation. Same slide
    Spoiler

Honestly though, it just really depends on what Nexon means to define "Tier 1 update." You & I was considered a Tier 1 update, instead it just felt like a regular KMS winter update (Tier 2 I guess?) that went on par with Justice, Chaos, etc. Speaking of winter, as you can tell, KMS releases two major updates per year: winter and summer. The winter patch is not listed in any of these investor presentations. Meaning, we will be getting a "major" summer update. It's just Nexon deems it not to be "Tier 1".

13. Idiot. Male
    California

Is that from Q4 2012? Because overtime, they added a Tier 1 Content Update for MapleStory later on. I remember this very clearly and that's why I had suspicion of Nexon rushing RED. (because of the bad response to Unlimited and that's also why they changed so much for GMS/JMS/TWMS/CMS for our Unleashed/Spark)
    http://pdf.irpocket.com/C3659/qnwX/q0mN/K14u.pdf page 26

14. Default Re: It's gonna be one boring summer...

It's Q1 2013 to compare to your Q1 2014.

But you realize you posted a Q2 2013, right? Sure, they added it afterwards. So wouldn't there be a possibility of them doing the same thing for this year?
    I don't understand what's your stance. Opening post says there's nothing listed for a summer update, but with this post you just made, you just said they can add a Tier 1 content update later to their investor presentations, thus, not making this summer "boring".

15. Idiot. Male
    California

It's almost abundantly clear that we won't be getting a major update (T1) in KMS since there hasn't been any hype whatsoever so I think that the stance for a T1 update Q3 hasn't changed. That's why I made this thread, because there hasn't been anything. If there was any kind of hype for a major patch, it would be clear that they pulled a RED but nothing so far (even in that case, they announced RED in May which we are now far from).
    If they do decide to do a major summer update then it would start late July (testing for a major patch should take at least a week or two) or sometime in August and spill over to September probably but even if that's true, it would be stupid for NxK to not announce something already.

16. Default Re: It's gonna be one boring summer...

Hype doesn't even start until this week to next week.
    Last year, they didn't of showcase/announce RED until June 26th
    http://leafre.net/korean-maplestory-...ncement-27645/
    However, they did sneakpeak the summer update during the Maple 1st festival (which was on May 19th). But it was their first festival - what else would you do to wow the crowd?
    The first indication of the RED patch for KMST was done June 18th and that was Thief and Pirate revamps. A patch involving the first patch of RED didn't happen until June 27th, a day after they showcased RED.

For 2012, KMS didn't make an official announcement/video showcasing Tempest until July 4th
    http://leafre.net/korean-maplestory-...-pt-1-a-14391/
    Though, a tease of what's to come was released around 2 days before.
    http://leafre.net/korean-maplestory-...tempest-14293/
    The first indication of Tempest for KMST was done June 21st, and that was Luminous, then on July 3rd, his story line. Nothing happened from then until July 9th

And I'm not sure if for 2011 they did any teasers and such before showcasing the Legends update, but the showcase was on June 27th
    http://s4.zetaboards.com/Leafre/topic/8823168/
    Before that, Cannon Shooter was released in KMST for 2-3 weeks.

So yeah. I mean, right now, the only content that is aimed to be in the Summer patch is the Enhancement system revamp.
    There should be something happening between now and next week.
    Last edited by kremechoko; 2014-06-24 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Some corrections and KMST patches added

17. Idiot. Male
    California

Huh, interesting.
    Man, I'm definitely jumping the shark here, aren't I?

18. Default Re: It's gonna be one boring summer...

It's a fair analysis, but remember we had a good number of Inkwell's Diary teasers long before anything official.

19. Default Re: It's gonna be one boring summer...

Completely forgot about those.
    But lately, it seems KMS has used Inkwell entries less and less. There was no entry teaser for RED and You & I. And hell, they replaced the Inkwell Diary section on their front page with Developer's Notes.

20. Default Re: It's gonna be one boring summer...

Well, CMS and GSM can always release their joint content during the months KMS wont be doing anything. I just hope its nothing like Beast tamer.

By the way, MapleStory 2 is being released before the end of this year right? I think thats too much of a coincicende so Nexon probably is putting all their resources on getting MS2 started (even if its developed by a different studio and etc etc etc.)