1. Default Working in another country.

'ey

Have any of you ever went to another country for work?

I have a dream of working as a chef in South Korea, and I just sent my first inquiry to the SK Embassy of Denmark.
    My korean language skills are pretty good, given that I am from the great north. I can read and speak fluently, and I can hold a very basic conversation.

I just want to know if any of you have experience with working in a foreign place.

2. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Re: Working in another country.

Technically, working in the US will count as working in a foreign country for me. But I have not done so yet... this is something I plan on doing right after I graduate, if I can find something. Since I'll be working in IT, I think this will turn out to be interesting for me.

3. Default Re: Working in another country.

@xLeviathan; worked in SK for a while, even got married and had a kid, he might be able to offer some useful insight.

4. Default Re: Working in another country.

I dunno if you'd count military, but I lived in Japan for 2 years and have been in Seoul for several months.I actually work with a Danish Army officer.

5. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Same with me and Canada...I can't get a job off campus until I've been here for six months..so I'm jobless until February :I

I've heard a few different things, and I'm sure it's different for every country.

I know that for Canada, if you have a note from your employer that basically states you're absolutely necessary/can't easily be replaced, then this will grant you a longer work visa or something. I've also heard that most workplaces will just write that note regardless. Although your situation sounds quite a bit different than that.

I do know that you can't just move to a country without first having a job (although I think that's pretty common knowledge?) unless it's for school or through family sponsorship.

6. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Well, in my case, I'll be under Optional Practical Training, which means I can work here for 12 months (can be extended to 19 if I'm under STEM, which I am) right after I graduate, as long as it's a job related to my major. It's actually the only way to stay here after graduation; otherwise, I'll have to go home to work off my loan (as part of the contract I have with the education department there).

This is if I can find a job.

7. Default Re: Working in another country.

dang. I don't plan to do that much.

I would, assuming you had the freedom to explore some of the country qualities; cuisine, differences in culture, infrastructure, etc.
    I am getting a note/recommendation from my employer. I am taking contact to the SK Embassy in Denmark, to ask if they station people like I wish for.
    My plan is to have a job signed and ready before I leave Denmark, so I have something to begin with when I arrive.

My dream is to explore more of the culture and especially the gastronomy. I was so fascinated when I went last year. I want more.

8. Default Re: Working in another country.

Definitely, I've gotten to try a lot of really strange and interesting foods, mostly seafood in some form. I'm more experienced with Japan and Korea, but I've also visited Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Guam, and Malaysia.

9. Default Re: Working in another country.

Work took me to the Netherlands for 8 months. The Dutch are pineappleing awesome. /End

10. Default Re: Working in another country.

Would you be interested in a conversation on Skype, or something alike? I bet you have a lot of interesting experiences.

11. Default Re: Working in another country.

I know that people that leave my country, never get back. But that's because of our unemployment, corruption, decaying education and health care, and lifestyle even though people imagine us as "FIESTA FOREVER".

Then again, I don't know how's the thing in Denmark, definitely better than here at least. I know we use your country as an example to follow. Of course, completely ignored by our politicians.

12. Default Re: Working in another country.

Spain has made the news for being a country in decay. I have never been there, and I wish to do it sometime, ways down the road.
    Our government is pretty pomegranatety at the moment, and the most promising candidate was just caught in spending hundreds thousands of DKK on traveling around the world, so the voters have lost faith in him too, even when he did nothing wrong.(He got a budget of ~1 million DKK for international travels, that he may spend as he see fit, as long as he makes all his appointments).
    We are also in decay, but we are good at painting a glamorous picture to those who wish to come here. I pineappleing hate being here. I am ready to leave everything behind.

13. Default Re: Working in another country.

You can just message me here if you want - it's not anything personal, just don't like talking on the phone

14. Default Re: Working in another country.

Oh, I meant like an IM convo, not actually talking. :p
    I'll message you some of my questions.

15. Default Re: Working in another country.

We aren't even good in painting it here.

Currently, it's impossible to get a job for people from here, almost impossible to start a bussiness, the banks offer "deals" to people where they take their money, and they can recover it in... 2999 and nobody was arrested for scam, teacher is the easiest carrer here, with the lowest mark needed to study it (so it's filled with lazy bums that want an easy job that will eventually teach children), since we never lost the war we never entered, the fascists are still strong in the inside, and they hide information on accidents that could hit political charges to the point of even having the indicency of changing the name of the subway stop where it happened so people forgets faster.

Traveling expensively isn't much compared to that, when our politicians do it all the time, and most of them are investigated for getting "donations" straight to their wallets. Of course, the places where the evidence was has been misteriously wiped even though it was clear it could be used in a trial.

And even, one of our politicians stated that "all architects should die", after seeing a building a famous ( I think) one designed.

And about the teacher part, since it's been like that for a while now, we can see the outcomes already. It's getting scary how children are starting to be.