1. Default Play Button not working on Firefox

Ever since (I believe last Thursday/Friday), pressing the 'Play' button on the website while using Firefox does absolutely nothing. It doesn't give me an error, nor does anything pop-up.

Normally, the user account center would pop-up asking if I'd like to allow maple to make changes to my computer (since it accesses my Hard Drive), and then maple would launch, but on Firefox nothing happens.

I originally thought it was something related to my computer, but I used Chrome to try it and it launched fine. I usually use Firefox to launch maple, since I sometimes get error 11004 on Chrome, but the play button isn't doing anything

Do you guys have any ideas? @Girasol; I'd hate to do this, but do you have any ideas? I think it's something on your guys' end.

2. Default Re: Play Button not working on Firefox

The play button has been broken for me on firefox for many months, it just prompts me to download the game. It works fine on chrome though. It has something to do with your settings and security on firefox but i never bothered to figure out what it was exactly. did you recently change any settings?

3. Default Re: Play Button not working on Firefox

Hm, not that I can think of. Only thing that comes to mind is I went into settings the other day, but I don't recall changing anything. Only thing I did change was my search engine, but that shouldn't be it.

Edit: I think I went into settings on firefox because it wasn't launching from the site, but I can't remember. I think that's how I thought I changed my search engine, but it was actually from the search bar itself.
    Last edited by Crowhogan33; 2013-07-01 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Added additional info

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Play Button not working on Firefox

It works fine for me using Firefox. Let me guess, you both have non default installation paths? This problem pops up from time to time when the pathway to the files becomes corrupted.

The only fix I know of is resinstalling.

5. Default Re: Play Button not working on Firefox

Nope, my files are located under C:\Nexon\MapleStory. That hasn't changed since when I redownloaded for whatever reason earlier this year.

6. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

i see i wasnt the only one which this happened to. I dont remember if it happened before or after the Firefox 22 update. but i think it was definately after the current patch though

7. Default Re: Play Button not working on Firefox

Oh, there was a Firefox update? I didn't even notice. I think something broke it then, I dunno.

8. Flatpanel TV
    usa

firefox is pretty ninja with its updates. 22 was a pretty good update for speed

9. Default Re: Play Button not working on Firefox

Ahh, yeah, it was fine day and then all of a sudden the play button did nothing. I think Nexon needs to update something on their end, or Firefox broke something in-general. You didn't find a fix besides another browser/gamelauncher did you?

10. Flatpanel TV
    usa

nope, no fix that i found out. used gamelauncher for now

11. Default Re: Play Button not working on Firefox

Well, another browser always works too~ Hopefully Nexon's aware of the issue and is working on a fix.

12. Default Re: Play Button not working on Firefox

About one or two years ago, whenever I tried to start up GMS, the only browser that worked was 32-bit IE. 64-bit didn't work, FF didn't work and Chrome didn't work.
    Although it's not the best solution, you can try IE I guess.

13. Default Re: Play Button not working on Firefox

This problem has been around for a while. Nexon has acknowledged the Chrome issues before. And Chrome has those random 11004 Error Code issues too.

On my laptop, Chrome works & Firefox doesn't. It has always been like this.

On my desktop, Firefox works & Chrome doesn't. Then when I reformatted it switched and Firefox no longer works.

Would like a fix for this some day too.

14. Default Re: Play Button not working on Firefox

I am not technical at all when it comes to computers but this is how I work around the issue on firefox:

Click start then imedietly move the mouse to get the pointer off of the start button and the game will load. Not sure why but this works for me every time.

15. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

this happened to me too, like a week or so ago ._.

16. Cash5 Re: Play Button not working on Firefox

since th xenon patch. I too can't log in using firefox. unfortunately for me it is the last remaining working log-in method. gamelauncher etc not work for me anymore

thabnkfully i spent all my lame coins and leaves lol. well ill just have to wait to play the xenu thingy lol

strangely i could log on on my laptop, though it won't be so great playing on a little laptop, but still it disconnected quikcly

17. Default Re: Play Button not working on Firefox

Hey guys this worked for me

problem seems to be when you upgraded to firefox 22. explains why lots of people have diff starting dates for this troulbe, and why it started on june 25 for some

it appears my laptop had not upgraded so it still worked
    and on my main computer it upgraded just after one loading of the game, which resulted in me loading the game once, but not again, which baffled me a bit

anyway, do this

in firefox settings disable automatic upgrades

install firefox 21
    http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...7&browser=fx22

yay fixed. i can now make my xenu lol