1. Default How long does it take to get from 200-210 on a not-that-well funded character?

So EMS is (probably?) getting the 250 cap next week, and we're definitely getting the level 3 link skills, so I'm thinking about which jobs to get to 210 for the level 3 link skills.

Currently I have level 200:

Lumi
    DA
    DS
    Kaiser
    Cannoneer

I have no idea how difficult 200-210 is with the new exp curve and I can't seem to find the information anywhere, so I don't know how to plan for link skill grinding. Anyone know how long it would take with okayish funding (say, clean full empress + 30% of the main stat)?

2. Default Re: How long does it take to get from 200-210 on a not-that-well funded character?

What's your main that you want to link all your skills to?

edit: from what I've seen, unless you have a good party with some +%EXP sources, it's a pretty long grind. Think pre-BB.

Hadriel

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: How long does it take to get from 200-210 on a not-that-well funded character?

I'd say up to 5%/hr on 1x at the start of the road. Assuming you don't d/c at Warrior Grounds (Twisted Perion Ancient Mixed Golems map).
    I'm only 202 myself so I can't say how much it slows down after.

4. Default Re: How long does it take to get from 200-210 on a not-that-well funded character?

Hero.

I was only really planning on doing Lumi, DS and DA as the other two aren't worth it, but I figured I'd do them if it wasn't too hard.

But by the sounds of it it's pretty hellish so I won't bother. *Might* do the first three depending on how buggy it all is...

5. Default Re: How long does it take to get from 200-210 on a not-that-well funded character?

Heroes have that big IgnorePDR skill right? Then leave the Lumi. Go for DA and DS since those level pretty well. Lumis level fast but the benefit of that extra 5% IgnorePDR isn't worth the effort. Even a Xenon gives better stuff (except they don't have Level3 Link yet I think?).

Hadriel

6. Default Re: How long does it take to get from 200-210 on a not-that-well funded character?

Heros do have 50% PDR passively, but in EMS we don't have monster life/ monster cards so PDR is a lot harder to get than it is for you. We're getting chaos RA soonish so PDR is kinda important. Currently I'm at 77%, but with the lumi level 3 link I'll be at 78.3, which is actually only a 1.1% damage increase on chaos vellum.

Eh, fine, I'll stick with just the DS and DA. My Xenon is only level 120 right now so I won't be considering levelling that until much later.

7. Default Re: How long does it take to get from 200-210 on a not-that-well funded character?

1% increase in DPS is a lot to begin with, but comparing the Lumi with the Cannonner, it depends on whether you need that extra %HP/MP. 10stat is probably not going to be 1% of your pottable stat. Leave Lumi for 3rd. You can nuke golems with Reflection brainlessly, so it's more of a grind than a pot-burner.

Hadriel

8. Default Re: How long does it take to get from 200-210 on a not-that-well funded character?

Isn't apocalypse considerably stronger than reflection though?

9. Default Re: How long does it take to get from 200-210 on a not-that-well funded character?

At speed cap (DSI, IA),

Apocalypse: 340% * 7 * 1.5 / Roundup30ms[1530ms * 12/16] = 340% * 7 * 1.5 / 1170ms
    = 3051.28%/s

Reflection: 420% * 4 * 1.5 / Roundup30ms[1020ms * 12/16] = 420% * 4 * 1.5 / 780ms
    = 3230.77%/s

Not much of a difference considering that you're sacrificing utility (Reflection, incredible practical range) versus no. of mobs hit (10 with Hyper with Apocalypse). At the end of the day, just look at how many mobs you hit each time, what Hypers you added, and how much damage you're taking (Lumi's are great tanks actually).

edit: same conclusion for standard speed(4). See also: http://www.southperry.net/showthread...S%20Unleashed). Don't read the wrong post.

Hadriel
    Last edited by hadriel; 2013-07-21 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Extra number check.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: How long does it take to get from 200-210 on a not-that-well funded character?

Warrior Grounds has very dense spawn, almost like KMS looked at our "glitched" LHC and said "ah, that's the mob density you like?". They're also auto-aggro and will come to you, especially if you don't kill very fast. So, I doubt you'd get much use out of Reflection's range.
    But, you have many hours to spend there. Try some of this, some of that, see what ends up better for you.