Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Anyone been getting hacked lately?

In the past few weeks, over 10 of my friends have been randomly hacked. Their accounts are secure and no keyloggers were present. Is this another possible database leak?

Has anyone else been getting hit randomly?

2. Default

Yes, it's not like the hacking ever stopped.

3. Default

Did they have PICs with only numbers in it or PICs with alphabetic characters AND numbers in it? Also, was the PIC longer than the minumum of six characters?

4. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Considering there's PIC bypasses, it doesn't even matter...

5. Default

The point is that my PIC is a well secured thing. Two friends of mine had just simple six numbers only PICs and both were hacked. We always played together and such, yet I've never been a victim.

6. Default

1. Chinese Farmers are Controlling Nexons Database

2. U cant do anything, even if u change ur Password, they still hack u

3. Same happend to KMS

4. Only Solution is to Deactivate ur account when u Log off with Hotspot shield

5. Like Usual Nexon is ignoring this Problem

7. Default

i haven't changed my pass/pic for a year, and my account is untouched.

both my pass and pic are very simple, and half of my info was been smegaed in bera/broa before.

I guess im a luck guy lol.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I've never been a victim either, because my account name and/or email has never been database leaked from the MTS or whatever they use nowadays.

9. Default

whoever has the old database/mts leak lists is probably still rooting through them if your friends genuinely didnt give out their info to someone and are just in denial.

no more people are getting hacked than usual.

...hamad is almost too funny to just ignore

10. Default

I never used MTS, still got hacked.

They have control over Database thats it.

11. Default

My name was in the MTS list, but I never got hacked.

Luckily.

12. Default

This has been going on since what, September? There's a thread open for this already.

I'm quite interested in learning what sort of thought process you go through when determining which letters should be capitalized.

13. Default

Because your info is known they probably assume you have nothing to take. Also the fact you're, I'm assuming, extremely inactive.

14. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

My mule account who I go on maybe once a month at most was hacked last week and my friends mule got hacked yesterday. Neither account being on that mts list

15. Default

hmmm, this isn't true because when I came back to maple, i geared up my char again, plus all the chairs I have ( I had over 40 chairs before I quit maple(I gave them away to my BL friends))

My account isn't inactive, since my friend play it almost everyday, plus, you see people reporting accounts that have been inactive for more than a year getting hacked or getting a reactivation email.

16. Default

Hm that is weird, I have no explanation other than luck then, which now that I think about it, wouldn't be that farfetched as there are thousands of account info they have to go through.

17. Default

And his point is that it doesn't pineappleing matter what your PIC is.

As far as you know.
    Plenty of people who've been hacked weren't on that one public list of accounts from the MTS.

This made me smile. :)

But, back to the original topic:
    Yes, people have been hacked lately. It's been going on for a while.
    No, there isn't any solid pattern in what accounts are being hacked.

18. Default

Yes there is, if you play you get hacked eventually!

19. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

you can't get hacked if you're on 24/7!!! haha

20. Default

I think we all agree this result of a database leak/hack or something alike. Now let me ask, who do you think is behind it? Chinese hackers or that other gang of hack creators from which half of them is being sued?