1. Default Looking for Korean or Chinese to English translators for Dragon Ball Online

Hello, everyone. Can you speak Korean or Chinese? Do you speak it well? Can you translate it into English on a decent level?

We, the community of DBOCOM (Dragon Ball Online Community) are working on a translation project for the Dragon Ball Online MMO. We have 100% of the files decrypted, so we can translate 100% of the files. However, we are at a shortage of people qualified for proper translations of the game's files. Right now, we have a team basically working with Google translate and other electronic translators, which is a bad thing. We, the moderators, are trying to go over each and every translation as it comes through to verify that it's an understandable translation at the least. However, this method will be highly inaccurate and will take a long time.

While there is no pay whatsoever, you do get to be a part of something that could get your name out there for future job resumes, to make you simply feel better, or what-have-you.

Please, if you can speak Korean or Chinese and can translate it decently into English, go to http://www.dbocom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31475 and apply for access to the tool. We need all of the help we can get.

2. Default Re: Looking for Korean or Chinese to English translators for Dragon Ball Online

Bumping this~

We really could use all of the help we can get. I beg you!

3. Default Re: Looking for Korean or Chinese to English translators for Dragon Ball Online

@Locked; @JoeTang; @Mandalay; are the only 3 I know about, and maybe hadriel

4. Default Re: Looking for Korean or Chinese to English translators for Dragon Ball Online

Is there any examples of the text given? I feel like giving it a shot but my Chinese is rusty after 2 years of non-use. I would be able to translate the more simple ones I believe.

5. Default Re: Looking for Korean or Chinese to English translators for Dragon Ball Online

Well, there are a bunch of different categories for different types of strings. Depending on the category, it can range from anything from skill names, item names, item stats, and user interface text to things like quest data, NPC chat bubbles, and other longer strings of text.

Example of categories

Example of text

6. Default Re: Looking for Korean or Chinese to English translators for Dragon Ball Online

Well... I think I could give it a try since I could still translate the examples shown. Will try asking my friends to help out as well since some of them are proficient in Chinese.

7. Default Re: Looking for Korean or Chinese to English translators for Dragon Ball Online

I can't speak for Mandalay but Joe and I only translate out of interest and helping. I don't think any of us are that interested in Dragon Ball Online. :|

8. Default Re: Looking for Korean or Chinese to English translators for Dragon Ball Online

Echoing what Locked said. I only read the Korean around here for self-interest and just really quick translation work. I've been rusty in Korean lately so I shy away from translating entire database worths.

But if something in Google Translate is confusing you, I certainly don't mind helping to clear up anything in that regard. (I know Google Translate is hilariously terrible and off sometimes)

9. Default Re: Looking for Korean or Chinese to English translators for Dragon Ball Online

I wasn't volunteering you just listing the only people who would manage to do it