1. Default About World Transfers

I am honestly curious, is there even a SLIGHT chance of them coming back? The damage they did was apparently bad.

2. Default Re: About World Transfers

Unless Nexon sees the profits outweighing the issues they cause, for both players and Nexon themselves, I doubt it.

(Hopefully they never come back. Ever.)

3. Default Re: About World Transfers

The best chance they have of coming back is because Nexon likes money.

As for my opinion on transfers:
    A small part of me wants them to come back because of the ridiculously cheap items in other servers, but one of the main reasons I like BelloNova is because we lack large amounts of duped crap.

4. Default Re: About World Transfers

That is a huge reason why most of the events are rehashed over and over. NX to do them, IE Red Leaf High.

But, I would think maybe they do a limited offer on them. For the holidays maybe.

5. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Default Re: About World Transfers

Them removing it in the first place was a horrible experience for me and my friends.
    For obvious reasons.

6. Default Re: About World Transfers

*facepalm* Obviously those of you who got stuck because of something on their end is a special case. What I'm referring to is that we're better off not having the feature because of the abuse it presents. Until Nexon gets their pomegranate together and can keep on top of duping, exploiting, etc. We as a whole cannot handle server transfers and MTS.

I am in no way saying you and the other PvP tourney folks "deserved what you got" or anything like that.

7. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Nexon still sucks for doing it!
    Terrible timing!
    I do agree we can't handle MTS, but there was NO reason they had to remove name changes.
    And they should have easily been on top of character transfers..

8. Default Re: About World Transfers

To be honest, I dont think it had anything to do with the economy or anything. I just think they wanted to take the responsibility/step out of double checking if anything like that needed to be changed. Or just removed the people who specifically did it or changed their responsibility.

I find that more likely than them actually caring about the maple economy, considering they havent really followed up that well.

9. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

JON.SCANIA.NOWPLS.

10. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

I'm pretty sure it'll come back. Just a hunch but stuff usually comes back from time to time.

11. Default Re: About World Transfers

I hope you are right so much.

12. Default Re: About World Transfers

I'd say they're better off gone but eh, "those items" are kinda in almost every word anyway right now. Maybe only excluding renegades. If they ever did come back my old bera friends would be calling me back once more. I'd like them to stay gone :(

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

It's not the same.
    The things that come and go, do it because of Nexon's marketing strategies. They are not removed because they are troublesome, they are removed so people will buy more of them when they show up again.

World Transfers were removed because they were troublesome.
    First of all, they were a technical nightmare. So much so, that on most maintenances Nexon chose not to do them. They took forever to process. They would also glitch every so often, causing items to lose stats, disappear completely, or be duped.
    Second, there were the facts that people would use them to spread contraband of all sorts, and troublemakers used them to escape a server that was onto them and go terrorize a new one.

So, there is no reason to bring them back unless, as pointed out above, Nexon decide the profit from them outweighs the trouble. And frankly, I don't see that happening anytime soon, unless they raise the price a lot. As in, $100 wouldn't surprise me in the least.

14. Default Re: About World Transfers

Didn't they remove World Transfer last year during Summer then later added it around Winter time? I agree it's sort of a marketing scheme.

15. Default Re: About World Transfers

That's not what happened, no, and the point she made is that world transfers were not removed to drive up interest like the typical NX item. They were removed because Nexon could not do them consistently and competently.