Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default GM or hacker changed hired merchant titles on all 22 FMs in Mardia

FM1

FM2

FM22

The ones that have normal names were already updated by their owners.
    No clue what's going on lol. Normally GMs only change the ones that involve NX/USD/urls.

2. Default Re: GM or hacker changed hired merchant titles on all 22 FMs in Mardia

Oddly enough the same thing happened last month at MapleSEA, except the title was 'Enjoy your time with Maple Story'. I am more inclined to think that this is a GM than hackers though unless they just wanted to show off their 'powers'.

3. Default Re: GM or hacker changed hired merchant titles on all 22 FMs in Mardia

I heard a rumor that this happens when a GM sees a store selling items for money or NX. Not sure if it's true though since I haven't seen this happen in Khaini.

4. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

Default Re: GM or hacker changed hired merchant titles on all 22 FMs in Mardia

This usually happens if the title contains something against the rules such as saying B>NX or something

5. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

More inclined to think a hacker did this than a GM. A GM doing this would be completely pointless.

6. Default Re: GM or hacker changed hired merchant titles on all 22 FMs in Mardia

It was every single mushy in all 22 FMs today. Regardless of what their original title was.

7. Default Re: GM or hacker changed hired merchant titles on all 22 FMs in Mardia

They are trying to reinforce their existance.

8. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Maybe the players wanted to hop onto a banwagon and change the store name to the same?
    I could see that happening as well.

9. Default Re: GM or hacker changed hired merchant titles on all 22 FMs in Mardia

Maybe everyone REALLY loves MapleStory.
    Ever think of that?!

Could be some GM command to change all mushy names. Any idea if they changed one by one or all at the same time?

10. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

I can't see this being a GM thing.... I mean this would cause more annoyance to the average player than entertainment. Fitting your header is a chore sometimes

11. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Could be a GM, this happens in MSEA.

If a player's hired merchant title contains S>NX, B>cash, or L/O in cash or anything that has that meaning, their title got changed into "Enjoy your time with Maplestory" or "Happy Mapling".

Though I really see no point in changing the title of all stores at once.

12. Default Re: GM or hacker changed hired merchant titles on all 22 FMs in Mardia

It's a GM. It happens every single night at around midnight PST. They change the names of shops advertising youtube channels, buying or selling NX, cussing, etc. Do you really think a hacker would just change a select few shops? The case above is odd, but this is how it's been in GAZED the past few weeks.

13. Default Re: GM or hacker changed hired merchant titles on all 22 FMs in Mardia

Maybe they added a GM command to mass change the shop names, and they were simply testing it? Girasol did say he was checking Marvel on the live server,this could just be another test(in case people decided to mass protest buying nx [again] or something).

[Again, cause a mapler has tried before in Scania, lolol.]

14. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

seems like people really love maplestory nowadays

15. Default Re: GM or hacker changed hired merchant titles on all 22 FMs in Mardia

Just to stir the pot, a few months back there used to be a mushy with a similar title set up every now and then by the same ign every time with CLEARLY hacked gear. It used to pop up in the hene or ludi fms. The ign escapes my mind but its not worth the infraction even if I did.

16. Default Re: GM or hacker changed hired merchant titles on all 22 FMs in Mardia

The topic title is misleading, as not ALL shop names were changed.

If it was every single one I would be more inclined to believe it was a hacker finding an exploit in regards to the recently added Shop Title Change option, however with it being so many in FM1/2 and almost none in FM22, it makes me think that the people saying it was a GM are right. I'm sure the early FMs have a ton of NX sellers while the later ones don't have as many.

17. Default Re: GM or hacker changed hired merchant titles on all 22 FMs in Mardia

The unchanged ones in FM22 were permits.
    All hired merchants were changed in all 22 FMs.

18. Default Re: GM or hacker changed hired merchant titles on all 22 FMs in Mardia

Can you change your shop title in a regular permit shop?

Also, were NO permit shops at all changed?

19. Default Re: GM or hacker changed hired merchant titles on all 22 FMs in Mardia

20. Default Re: GM or hacker changed hired merchant titles on all 22 FMs in Mardia

It's so incredibly unlikely that this was simply title bandwagoning that we shouldn't even consider that. But it also makes no sense for a GM to do this...though it's certainly not impossible that a GM got bored or was testing something.