Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Kingdom Hearts 3D discussion [possible spoilers]

Making this so people can safely browse the 3DS thread.

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts 3D discussion [possible spoilers]

The ending literally renewed my love for the series. I don't think it's a spoiler to say that it ties together EVERYTHING. even things you forgot and didn't think were important (or not important any more)
    Big spoilers, click at your own peril

3. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

Couple things..

1. I thought Dropping was okay to do freely, before I realized it keeps tracks of your drops :/

2. Replaying each event through Riku right after I just beat it is kinda annoying, does this change at all?

3. Question, does petting your Dream Eater consistently help? That's stupid if you can sit there and pet it for hours for successful improvement, there should be limits.. like, after a couple battles, petting it helps or something. Advice on this please?

Thanks (:
    So far, game is fun, though a little too easy and "much" with the consistent use of Commands + Flowmotion :/ no more basics..

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

Dropping IS free to do, you can do it wherever. In fights, in boss fights, exploring. If you keep a steady supply of Drop-Me-Nots you can play through an entire characters story without ever dropping. You can decide in what order you play through the story, though I played through it initially with Riku, I recommend doing worlds as Sora for the the first time and then as Riku, just because it keeps things smoother.

Petting your Dream Eaters DOES help. The bar underneath with the heart will go up as you pet the dream eater and play with it. That's the 'Affinity Level'. The higher it is the better the AI of your Dream Eaters is (They will attack more often, or help you out in dangerous situations etc)
    It does drop though, so you can have 0/6 (example) affinity which makes your dream eater less useful. Pet it a couple of times to get it back to full. It helps to check every so often.

Petting also helps change their Disposition. By feeding and petting and playing with it, it's disposition will change. Basically changing their roles. One disposition can mean they use more magic abilities while one can mean they act as a defender. Certain dispositions can unlock secret paths on the Dream Eaters ability boards, so it helps to try out them all.

I had to figure all this crap out on my own, since people were probably waiting until the American release before writing guides >_>

5. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

Play through worlds as Sora, then follow up right after with Riku.. Got it.
    And the rest, helpful too, gotcha thanks!

:)

6. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

Anyone else thumbs kinda hurt? and dropping out of a boss fight is some horsesh'it.

7. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

Things I hate:

Dropping.
    Spirits.
    The map is garbage.
    The MAPS are too pineappleing big.

Story isn't interesting yet, but I'm only on the second world.

8. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

Ugh. I love the R & R Seal but I keep getting the stupid Circus Bear on the random AR card ._.
    Apparently it's set to the bear and I can't change it.. UGH. I wanted the Lizard thing..

9. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

All of the rare Dream Eaters can be obtained in game with rare materials. so you'll still be able to get it eventually.

I got Ursa Circus too. I didn't like it, but it has some nice ability links, so i've kept it in my third slot.

10. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

Found the cards I didn't get from the MoM pack online. Pretty cool how I can just hold my system up to my monitor and SUDDENLY NEW DREAM EATERS.

11. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

Link

edit:
    City de Cloches made me laugh
    Last edited by Sarah; 2012-08-01 at 09:35 AM.

12. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

Started my Critical mode file a few days ago, end up ragequitting pretty much everytime because Once More takes forever to get (it needs a ton of LP) and it's really easy to die after just spending 10 minutes playing freaking Nintendogs with your spirits. Starting the game with Superglide is fun though.

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Out of curiosity, what Spirits have you settled on? which do you think are best?

Personally my favourite is the Wheeflower. It has some pretty strong and useful magic attacks, casts protect on you when you are at low health, heals you to full in an emergency and can cast Regen too. It's ability link board is pretty good too, with some nice boosts and defensive abilities.

R&R Seal

Frootz Cat

Kab Kanon

14. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

Early on I just kept making new spirits to learn new Commands and Support / Spirit abilities (didn't really care about the stat ones since those only work when the DE is in your party). My favourite Dream Eater is definitely the Ryu Dragon (which is also about the hardest one to make), it has very strong fire attacks, and gives you access to Combo Master, Superglide and Megaflare. It's Link is also really good (Fire Raid for Riku and a Sonic Blade like attack with Sora, same as the Kyroo family). Some of my other favourites are Majik Lapin (a very good spellcaster), Aura Lion (support + damage) and Lord Kyroo (support + thunder).

If anyone wants to know where to get a certain command/ability, feel free to ask. And here's the wiki, for anyone who needs it.

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I feel like an absolute idiot for not realizing that commands and support abilities aren't linked to the spirits in your party. I've missed out on so many support abilities, no wonder i sucked so much.

EDIT: DAMN IT. Found the secret boss by accident while hunting for special portals. He isn't optional :(

16. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

Yeah, Ursa Circus is in my third slot. Good Attack stuff.
    Im not gonna cheat and get the scans online, its already fun making Spirits, feel in' accomplished~

Gonna post again how awesome R & R Seal is <3 named him Buster lol

What did you guys name your Dream Eaters? If you do..

17. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

The only one I've named so far is my Tyranto Rex. Which I called Deux Rex. Over a post I made recently concerning Jurassic Park: The Game.

18. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

Most of my names are obscure shout outs to other games and redundant memes. Or odd literary terms.

Also Proud Mode is haaaard. I'm going back to Normal. Stupid city of bells.