Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
  1. Default

The idea is to isolate and finish Rellik stun & 1/1 poison party effects first. If you isolate Rellik, the other parties will have a much easier time attacking/tanking other bosses. If you go after Red Nirg first, he'll start buffing other bosses at half HP, making the fight more dangerous.

Priorities:

1) Margana and her zombify party effect - eliminating her will allow the bishops to heal party
    2) Rellik and his stun, 1/1 poison effect - eliminating him will allow attackers to worry only about boss physical attacks; this will also save all cures.
    3) Hsalf will probably go next, since he's not as strong as Red Nirg.
    4) Red Nirg will be left as last, leaving him to buff only himself with his party buff. With all the other bosses done, this will make Red Nirg easier to take down.
    Last edited by MadAyukawa; 2009-03-13 at 12:35 AM.

2. Harrisonized

No. Just no.

~~~~~

I'm not pasting that to the first post.

1) You obviously plagiarized. Just look at the format of the first post. Steps 1 and 2 are EXACTLY the same wording as from my strategy.

2) You look like you merely rearranged Dusk's and My strategies to make this post.

3) You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, judging from your rearrangement, if one could call it that.

4) "Probably" is probably not a very strong word, indicating that you "probably" do not know much about what you're talking about.

5) Your two posts contradict each other on when Margana should be killed.

6) If you know anything about Rellik's range, you'd know that he'd be unable to hit any attackers kept far away enough.

~~~~~

Your strategy is no better than my pre-strategy the night before CWKPQ came out, and thus speculation. I am appalled that you would try to post without prior experience.

To future posters, this thread is for EXPERIENCED people. People who actually fought and conquered.

3. Default

I don't disagree on many things.I just have 2 points to stress:

- With 1 warrior/bucc pinning Rellik, it's rendered useless.
    - Whatever the difference between our strategies, the 3 Grandmasters will be pinned in 2 corners, Red Nirg + Hsalf in one, and Rellik in another.

So, if you could use Melee power to take down Rellik, why not do so at the other corner to make it twice as fast?
    A pinner would have equal difficulty pinning either combo, Red Nirg + Hsalf or Rellik, but multiple-target skills have twice as much efficiency when used on the combo "Red Nirg + Hsalf", correct?

Unless you plan to fight the Grandmasters one by one, there's little/no chance to avoid Red Nirg's mass att buff.
    Another scenario would be isolating Red Nirg from Hsalf + Rellik, which, in my opinion, isn't very wise. o_o

4. Harrisonized

Yes. Since there are three grandmasters, there are three combinations (permutations):
    1) Hsalf, Rellik + Red Nirg
    2) Rellik, Red Nirg + Hsalf
    3) Red Neg, Hsalf + Rellik

It depends on what you would rather kill first.

Isolating Rellik seems to be the best way to go. Hsalf alone does minimal damage, and all ranged will be able to participate with no trouble at all. Putting Hsalf and Red Nirg together is just asking for both to become buffed, which is trouble for your ranged.

Thus, depending on which boss you would like to kill first, you can:
    1) Kill Red Nirg + Hsalf together
    2) Kill Hsalf first, keeping Red Nirg with Rellik until Hsalf is downed.

Killing Red Nirg alone is just also just asking for trouble for your ranged.
    A pinner would have difficulty, but not two pinners. Also, pinning Rellik isn't difficult. Just rush to one side, use stance, and stand against the wall. Rellik can't stun you. Hsalf and Red Nirg is a huge mistake as Hsalf jumps quite high and disappears, it may be difficult to pin him with Red Nirg.
    Yes, I agree that's not very wise. Divide and conquer still looks like the best strategy unless all your ranged somehow all die and there's no Rez.

5. Default

It actually is difficult to manage both of them, especially with SuperKnockback + Stun combo.
    I'm not entirely sure why but I did decently on a run, where I had to pin that combo to the left wall on my own, an I/L AM standing a bit >>> on a high platform spamming Bliz on Hsalf (constant max dmg), and the AM commented that she rarely got knocked down the platform. She did get hit quite frequently, but not constantly enough to knock her down. => Not bragging cause there's nothing to brag about but I'm trying to point out that it's quite easy to pin both Red Nirg and Hsalf in one corner alone.

It got a bit more troublesome later when I had to pin + attack + heal every 2 hit + crash power (lulz)

That's why I wanted to point out that it's better (in his strategies) to have Melee kill this combo and pin Rellik to wait for Ranged party to finish off, instead of killing Rellik and pinning the combo, only to waste time and asking more for trouble later.

In fact, it was more than just trouble.. Hsalf has a skill when he jumps up high and throw stars on a wide range, dealing 6k dmg with att buff, which could be deadly to just anyone unclear what they're up against.

P.S: I'm currently under the assumption that Bosses have 'non-interruptible' animations (presumably attacking skill animations) where Rush just doesn't work xP
    Bigfoot can be an example, although it is a bad example as bf is full of glitches.

It is well-known that it would be harder for Rush to succeed when there's too much dmg to record on the monster, but my Rush failed quite an annoying amount of times that it made me think this isn't just any coincidence. Does anyone have a more concrete idea about this?
    Last edited by Kalovale; 2009-03-13 at 04:13 AM.

6. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Southperry:
    Server: Land
    Level: of
    Job: Chinchillas,
    Guild: Pineapples,
    Alliance: and opossums.

wouldnt it be best to kill margana first and than just kill hsalf, red nirg and rellik together? it will make it way easier for AoE atters, as well as DrKs and heroes.

7. Default

That must depend on the party you have. Since rellik stuns, does 1/1, etc, ONLY if you don't take touch damage, warriors can take it faster, while receiving touch damage, not buffed from the warrior, on the other side.

It's faster on the other way, and best to consider if you lack warriors... But remember that the stuns/seals/ 1/1 can reach you anywhere, even if you are an Archmage. Unless you stay inside them :p

8. Default

I think the group I go with in Bello has our bossing strategy down, and I think it works pretty well. The strategy is based on the idea that your ranged attackers will want to fight one boss at a time, while your melee attackers want to attack multiple bosses at once.
    • Everyone kills the pre-boss monsters, then return to the center of the room. Ranged stay on top platform.
    • When the grandmasters are summoned, ranged characters pin Margana. Melee classes corner the remaining 3 grandmasters.
    • Once Margana dies, 1 warrior grabs Hsalf and rushes him to the other side. Ranged take care of him.
    • After Hsalf dies, melee party separate Nirg and Rellik.
    • With the aid of some melee characters, ranged kill Nirg and its reincarnations.
    • After Nirg dies, everyone gang up on Rellik to complete the fight.
    With this strategy, the ranged party doesn't even need HB (Margana and Hsalf don't do a lot of damage and just stay out of Nirg's range). Important: Bishops should remember to dispel Nirg's attack up buff. Ranged characters with apple get the full use out of it (since Rellik, who is a pain for ranged characters, is put off until there's no choice). And of course, Nirg doesn't get to buff up any of his pals. (Unless the melee is strong and can take off more than 50% of Nirg before ranged finishes off Margana and Hsalf, but that hasn't been the case with our runs. Don't think it'll make any difference.)

9. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Southperry:
    Server: Land
    Level: of
    Job: Chinchillas,
    Guild: Pineapples,
    Alliance: and opossums.

i did a pq yesterday (we had 18 people and failed, btw. we were too weak, inexped, we lacked pots and our priest killed himself as well as his whole party with heal) but i noticed that hugging the bosses is a nice solution as a warrior. you barely get any stuns\spells\ power knock backs or 1\1s.

10. Default

We tried doing it this way and it seemed to be really helpful.
    Basically same thing at beginning:

So first off Warriors rush the 3 bosses to the left while ranged takes out Margana on top.

At about 5-10% hp for Margana, warriors rush Hsalf over to the right, where the ranged party will kill after Margana is down.

Now once Hsalf is dead, here comes the fun part:

Instead of the usual ways, isolate the Red Nirg from Rellik, the warriros should rush Red Nirg to the right and pin him there.

Now the ranged all go after rellik. While his sea,stun, 1/1 poison is a pain, the ranged party can stand on the low left platform past the statues, since they are able to pin it in the corner there, and relllik's 1/1 poison does not reach the upper platforms. It passes right below the lowest platform on the left.

Once rellik is done, the warriors should be done with Red Nirg, if not, the ranged stay up top and all the people who can survive finish off Red Nirg and his spawns.

Red Nirg is still reserved for last since his buff hits 6k, which our ranged can not survive.
    Taking out rellik in that corner earlier on prevented all our deaths involving him, and it seemed to go faster that way.

If the warrior party isn't as strong, I guess it would be easier if the Red Nirg was taken out first, but the range party is still in danger from his buff.

11. Default

we made it to bonus last night :D my first cwpq =3

xD i didnt heal till mage boss downed =3 after that, it was keepin my party aliveeeeee =p warriors/shads distracting 3 bosses to the wall made downing mage boss so easy for ranged =O rest of bosses were isolated one by one ... then destroyed >=)

smoke is loveeeely xD fkin archer boss loves to stun and 1/1+poison -____- dispel + holyshield is def useful here xD

i think the key to killing all the bosses is everyone cooperating ^^ great to run with frnds :D bosses were killed efficiently as everyone played their part.

:D cwpq is the most fun i had in months

12. Harrisonized

Yea, that's from my strategy. Although once Hsalf and Margana were both down, we separated Rellik and Red Nirg cuz Rellik's effing annoying.
    I like your explanation, but that's similar to my strategy...

It seems that more than a few people prefer this strategy the most.
    It's nice for mages as well. Rellik is comparable to Manon and Griffey in that it's attacks have effects attached to them. Everyone who's nonranged should stand on the wall and push Rellik's body away from the wall. If the ranged stand on the opposite side, Rellik will be either pushed to the wall by the ranged's quick attacks, or will walktowards the melee.
    The problem with this is that Rellik's range will still hit people on the top platforms. I tried it and got stunned multiple times.

Whenever there is a "group stun", Rellik will start moving towards the group, and then push the group back. The only chance of the group being freed is if Rellik does it's 1/1 poison and doesn't stun you, or if you split up your ranged so that only one ranged party is attacking at a time, and when one group is fighting, the other group waits for the group stun and replaces them.

13. Default

The easiest way to kill the bosses is to let a buccaneer pin them back really. That is what I've done for 4 boss fights alone and it has been successful.

Corkscrew punch has a huge invincibility frame advantage, more so than a warriors rush I believe so I NEVER get hit. The only time I do is when I'm recasting booster+speed infusion macro. I think I usually use around 20 ginger ales during the boss? Haha that's how good buccs are at it.

Anyways I just rush all 3 to the right by myself (No HB even lol) and 19 other people go and kill Morgana, When shes dead someone tells me and I try to rush Rellik left while keeping red nirg and hsalf on the right.

Then one of my warrior friends comes and gets Rellik and rushes him to the left while I keep pinning the other 2. It gets considerably easier now that I dont have to worry about Seal and 1/1 poison attacks when I rebuff myself.

The best part is after Rellik is dead and The party is fighting Hsalf on the left I can use the platforms and sit up there without red nirg even touching me XD

The only thing you have to remember is that DON'T let anyone come to the right where you are because Red Nirg will auto aggro and follow that person back left to the party killing Hsalf and that can cause some deaths.

ALSO, there are 3 platform heights that you can see. The middle one being the highest, left one being 2nd highest and 3rd one on the right being lowest. He can still hit you on the right of the 3 plats! So Don't sit there. I choose the right edge of the middle plat because its the farthest away from the party without him hitting me or losing his auto aggro.

Hope you like my idea :D
    Last edited by Koppee; 2009-03-13 at 12:41 PM.

14. Default

Idea: (Thought of after reading harrisonized's post): What if for rellik, two range parties, but you don't pin it to the wall but rather one group on one side, other group on other side. I don't think the stun attacks in both directions so one side will always be hitting him and if he switches, the other group will fall out of stun and attack.

15. Default

Sorta like Ht legs, switching the aggro to a side then having the other side atk?

16. Default

Seems like most people have the separate and kill strategy down pretty well. I might as well throw in the method we've used a few times.

This method involves the use of only 1 hero if need be, but 2 would get the other bosses down farther before the rest of the squad engages.

1. Everyone down, summon master guardians, kill
    2. Everyone up except the hero(s) who will summon bosses, bishops take off heal
    3. Heros rush bottom 3 to a corner and brandish while taking minimal dmg with powerguard and staying put with stance.
    3. Squad engages and pins Mage up top, easy peezy
    4. Squad alerts when Mage is dead, 3 bosses are split, squad engages Hsalf, other 2 rushed to opposite end and brandished, bishops regain heal
    5. Squad alerts when Hsalf is dead, RedNirg is rushed to squad position
    6. Hero holds Rellik on the same wall still, DKs with squad hold RedNirg on the other
    7. Ranged stays just out of range of RedNirgs attacks (Battleship cannon is perfect here), Bishops dispel him the moment they see 4k+ dmg being taken
    8. Red Nirg dies, squad joins hero(s) on the other side. Rellik could be anywhere from 30% dead to fully dead based on hero strength, apple use, and number of heros.

I was the 1 hero holding and splitting the bosses last night. It was epic fun. This method is decent in keeping random deaths down by engaging 1 at a time. It lets the easy 3 bosses get taken down first while the heros bring down Rellik's hp for a less lengthy/annoying fight once the ranged arrive. Course if your heroic hero dies and cant be resurrected, this gets a lot harder. So dont die heros, you're named that for a reason!

I've been in the 'kill all 3 at once' party too, but it involves a lot of headaches for the ranged parties, and a good number of deaths. That method only works if you have a LOT of warriors to take them down fast.

17. Default

Every run I have been on has followed this same strategy.

1. Warriors corner bosses in left corner.
    2. Ranged party kills Morgana.
    3. Red Nirg is pushed to the right side
    4. DK comes to right and keeps Red Nirg pinned while ranged kills.
    5. Thief get seperated out and killed
    6. Bowman killed last.

On our last run the warriors did good enough job that bowman was almost dead by the time we got there and we killed him in no time and then finished off Thief.

If you got enough high lvl attackers any strategy really will work. We like to take out Morgana first so the bishops can heal. We had a bishop take out a party today cuz he "forgot" you aren't supposed to do that when Morgana is alive and also "forgot" to take heal off his keyboard.

Red Nirg usually isn't a problem being taken out second. If you don't have a ranged party with enough hp to take him out while buffed with HB then you probably don't have a high enough party to complete the pq.

18. Default

You can dispel Red Nirg's power up? I never knew that....This is gonna save alot of deaths at our runs lol. Thanks for the tip Zenny XD

19. Default

I would add to my strategy what was mentioned above my post. I think the warriors should try to face the rest of the squad while attacking Rellik. This will cause him half the time to be facing the wall, and thus not stunning/sealing/annoying all the ranged attackers trying to fight. Of course he'll probably end up being pushed towards the center of the room slowly, but it's no problem for ranged to backup while fighting.

20. Electron

IGN: Kozentaru
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 171
    Job: Night Lord
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Bums

The strategy we used on our runs is similar to most but slightly different.

1. Summon bosses, ranged takes on mage while all the melee attackers stay down.

2. 1 Melee takes the warrior boss and pins him on one side while the rest of the melee take the thief and bowmen boss to the other side and attacks them.

3. After mage is dead, the ranged moves on to the warrior.

4. After the warrior dies and the two bosses it summons, we separate the thief and the bowmen. Ranged takes on thief, while melee continues with the bowmen.

5. Melee finishes off bowmen and moves on to help the range finish off the thief.

Ranged classes completely avoid having to attack the bowmen boss and getting stunned all the time.

Sorry if it seems a little confusing or w/e, didn't use their actual names xD