Thread: Pokemon TCG

1. Default Pokemon TCG

Hi guys
    I began playing today and i am looking for a website with deck lists
    Would you please help me?
    Thank you

EDIT: Oh, and we forgot to ask, how many EX and Lv X/Y pokemon can you have in a deck?

2. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

Default Re: Pokemon TCG

Depends what you play, standard or unlimited. I'm not too sure on the Lv X pokes as i didn't play when they were around.
    You can use as many EX's in your deck as you like as long as you keep to the 4 of 1 pokemon per deck. Though say you use Zekrom EX and Zekrom, they are counted as 2 different pokemon so you could use more then 4.
    Some nice sites for the TCG are
    Pokebeach.com
    sixprizes.com
    Pokegym.net

3. Default Re: Pokemon TCG

Have not played for quite a while but for level X, it counts as the normal pokemon. For instance, a player would be allowed to have two Honchkrow LV.42 and two Honchkrow LV.X in the same deck, but only four Honchkrow would be allowed in total. As well as that, because of the fact that these two cards share the same name, an effect which would remove the highest Stage Evolution card from a Pokémon would, in this example, force the removal of both Honchkrow cards, leaving only Murkrow.

Reference: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...LV.X_%28TCG%29

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

correct, you have to check the name of the card, you can have 4 deoxys and 4 deoxysEX, but would be unable to have 4 palkias and 4palkias lvX, because the "LvX" is not part of the name. only pokemon who disregards this is arceus, you can have as many of those as you want.

as for legend pokemon, iirc each counts as two pokemon, so you can only have 2 full pokemon legend.

pokebeach's good, but really, try to make your own decks, (and play other people,that's the important part) best way to get a feeling for the game and deck ratios and such.

5. Default Re: Pokemon TCG

I downloaded the online client yesterday and have been clearing the bot matches to unlock more than just the standard yellow deck. I INTEND to avoid spending real money on the game, though I need to find out if there are any ways to obtain new cards without actually paying any money.

Also, need a sequel to the gameboy color TCG. I played the hell out of that as a kid.

-Edit-
    As an aside, I saw a pack of Pokemon cards here in Japan a bit ago and picked it up (5 cards to a pack - is this a new thing?). Boom. Deoxys EX secret rare, full art and foil. Why could I never be this lucky with MTG?

6. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

As a yugioh playerA(inactive atm) there are time where you either get randomly lucky and when you want something you dont get it, but someone else does.(EVERYTIME when i'm with my cousin, when he buys a special edition(yugioh wise, special editions are 3 booster packs + promo super/ultra card) he manages to pull out a 30$+ card.

ive gotten random luck as well when it comes to times i buy stuff out of the whim.

as for the 5 card pack, thats how japan works. japan tcg games tend to be 5 card packs where U.S ones tend to be 9+ where the bonus 4 are usually filled with commons to well, literally fit the common rarity. last i played pokemon tcg was long ago(end of R/S/E boosters, starting D/P/Pt) where i think every booster comes with 1 reverse holo of any card, a card that can be any rarity(the one where you pull the good cards), and the rest were commons and uncommons.

7. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

If you guys want to play matches with any cards you could use http://www.playtcg.me/ and use http://www.bebessearch.com/ to make the deck itself. Its completely free, though im not sure how far in packs it goes back.

Could also use this to play against fellow SP members.

8. Default Re: Pokemon TCG

I actually started playing with a friend yesterday and we got enough cards to try and build stuff ourselves, we built one deck for each and an extra one. His deck was way better than the one we built for me, but the extra one would get him easily.
    We played around and changed stuff but it was obvious that the 3 decks were lacking. I posted this thread because we were out of ideas and looking at deck lists usually helps us (we've played other TCGs before) but we couldn't find much.
    Thanks everyone for their help, looking at some lists made us notice what we need: more and better cards :P

9. Default Re: Pokemon TCG

Like most card games, some of the central deck concepts I've seen go something like

1. Acceleration (get a lot of energy on something to do devastating attacks, lots of energy recycling/burning abilities/cards)
    2. Aggro (lots of hardhitting small pokemon that can attack cheaply/for little energy)
    3. Control (strategies centered more around stalling/blocking the opponent, card advantage (either via draw or via discard) until a notably strong win condition is played)
    4. Gimmick/Combo (combination of specific cards to create a fast/hard to counter win condition, usually in an unorthodox manner).

Dunno if that helps much, but that's the general idea.

10. Default Re: Pokemon TCG

Yeah, we figured that much... we just don't have the cards.
    We'll enjoy our noob decks while we get something else :P

11. Default Re: Pokemon TCG

Something I realized - the original "Bill" card was OP as hell, apparently. I think I've got a ton of them in a box somewhere amongst all my old Pokemon cards.

12. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

that last statement, isn't it always the case? xD
    oh yea, and more recently claydol was OP as hell

i guess by now i play unlimited, but my deck's only made by pearl/diamond and onwards.

13. Default Re: Pokemon TCG

Yeah, Shinku...that' s always the case. At least it seems less expensive than MTG.
    Other than ' Catcher' and EX pokemons it seems really cheap.
    Also, the place I usually go to is on a pokemon sale so each booster goes for less than 2.5$USD
    They also keep folders with tons of cards, and they don't check prices so nothing goes for more than 5$
    I love how disorganized they are :P