Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Ignore def doesn't stack

I felt bored and just tested

okay to start my range in this ss is 40849-48058

total damage stacks now, so my total damage is multiplied by 12% which means my new range would be 45750-53825, castle golem's def is 25%, using maxed marksmanship it would ignore 20%. with silent crusade set I would of ignored another 15% def so I would ignore total of 35% def

castle golem def = 25%
    castle golem def after mmship+silent crusade = 25*0.65 = 16.25% def

my minimum range with total damage is 45750 with the def reduction my minnimum damage would be
    45750*0.8375 = 38315

38315 is the lowest damage I can shoot with a normal shot if mmship stacked with pdr ignore

but as I tested I hit below the minimum damage allowed with a regular arrow

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I know boss damage doesn't. Why wouldn't ignore def?

3. Water
    IGN: JerrysHero
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Imperious
    Alliance: TheAlmightys
    canada

Isn't it 35% of the monsters def(In this case, 25)? So 35% of 25 = 8.75% defense ignored. There's a reason why people say ignoring high PDRate(50%+) bosses is more beneficial

4. Default

I know that which ends up leaving the monster with 65% of their original def left, as you can see in the math I did 25*0.65 = 16.25% def leftover meaning I should have 83.75% of my range dmg, however with my range*total dmg boost*def reduction the lowest I should hit would be 38315

5. Water
    canada

Your formula is wrong. It doesn't take away from it being 100%(100-35=65). It's 35% of the actual pdrate which is 25. So you would only ignore 8.75% of the pdrate with the current def ignore you have of 35%, not 16.25% like you say you should, atleast I always thought that's how def ignore worked.

6. Default

you ignore 35% of 25% = 8.75%, 25%-8.75%(the ignored def) = 16.25% left on the monster, what did I do wrong? You are basically calculating how much is 35% of 25% and subtracting it from 25%, I did it by taking 35% from 100% which is 65%, and 65%*25% = 16.25% which both ends up with the exact same result

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

she said exactly that, 65% of their original defense (25%) which is 16.25%, so her damage should be reduced by 16.5%

so 45750*83.75%, or 45750*0.8375

8. Water
    canada

Alrighty guess I was wrong then and wasn't aware of the other method used is all;) Guess def ignore doesn't stack.

Try doing the calculations for 20% def ignore without it stacking with the 15% see if that reflects the minimum dmg you do currently. I assume it activates the higher def ignore and ignores the other.

9. Default

I already tested this earlier my mmship takes effect rather than the 15% from codex, however we don't know if it's higher one that takes the effect or simply because the skill takes effect rather than potential effects, not until someone have a leafre set with a ignore def skill like mmship with lower than ignore 30% def anyways

10. Donator Straight Male
    panama

also, i feel like asking, what's your ambition PDR ignore rate?

11. Default

4.5% def ignore, doesn't seem to stack with mmship either since my lowest would be 37114 if I ignored 24.5% def

12. Default

How about this?

Specifically, the 22k

Max Range is 20677, 6% Damage on my dagger makes that ~21918, Phantom ignores 20%, Katara has 15% Ignore, Book has 15% Ignore, 2.5% Ignore from Ambition.
    Total DEF Ignore = 52.5%
    Blue Snails have 10% PDR

So, (1-.525)*.1 = 0.0475 PDR, which means I do 95.25% of my damage.

Phantom does 105%

Max damage I should be able to do is 1.05*.9525*21918 = 21921

13. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i should go check this on my DrK, only the ambition+monsterbook, and see if those stack together, without any %damage or anything

14. Default

I have no idea it might just be certain skills that does not stack with ignore def or certain skills that replaces all ignore def % completely. It would seem however if ambition ignore def is subtractive that ss would make more sense, can you hit below your min dmg?

15. Default

Shortly after big bang came out, I remember smacking monsters in CPQ and it said it missed, yet the monsters died.
    and when I clearly hit them once, their HP was still full, meaning it missed. This also happened at the 1st job training areas too.

Conclusion: The numbers displayed are a lie, the server is hiding real numbers from us.

Just don't worry about the displayed numbers, your calculations are still correct. Unless they patched the visuals already.

16. Default

I haven't yet, I'll get back to you if I do

The numbers displayed will always be within what's possible based on your damage range, for example, before, it appeared that you did more damage with attack arrows with soul arrow, even though you didn't. This is because the numbers on the server and the client can be unsynced, or follow different rules, sometimes, but it's not like you're never doing the damage you see.

17. Default

claiming you cant trust the numbers is silly. you can trust that any number you see is a possible damage amount you can do, but the server is doing its own calculation too and will RNG different numbers from the same pool.

ninja ><

18. Default

although even if the numbers might not be how the server took those damages, it should not be able to give a damage that's lower than the allowed damage. I tested if ignore def might have had some effect server sided.

it doesn't seem like it did anything than my client side damage

19. Default

Are you sure the total damage on the same weapons stack? I thought it only stack on separate weapons like dagger & katara, or dualbow & arrow. If I am wrong, does that mean boss 30% / def ignore 30% on same weapons also stack?