Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default (SPOILERS DUH) Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice

It now HAS A NAME.

And a logo and stuff.

2. Default Re: Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice

I'm expecting a pomegranatety story together with great action scenes.

I'm ready and hyped. Cool action scenes is just my thing.

3. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Default Re: Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice

http://www.themarysue.com/david-goye...k-sex-fantasy/

I'm not hyped for this movie at all, the writer is someone that doesn't even try to understand the super heroes world...

4. Default Re: Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice

Why is it "v" instead of "vs"? Is this movie going to be a court battle? Then again, that's probably the only way Batman could fight Superman.

5. Default Re: Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice

The whole thing feels a little rushed together right now but here's hoping it melts together and rivals "The Trilogy"

Do we look at this movie as a Superman movie, a Batman movie or something else?

6. Default Re: Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice

Justice League. It has Wonder woman and uhh, Cyborg too. That's why it's called "Dawn of Justice" (the dawn of Justice League). It's probably gonna be crap though, I don't really have any faith in Zack Snyder as a filmmaker. Not sure why DC is trusting him with such a huge IP as Justice League, Batman vs Superman, etc.

Superman is one thing because he hasn't had a good movie in 30 years. But giving him Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, etc... just nuts. I think it will be a disaster. It sounds like they're trying to...

Have a Batman vs. Superman fight. And introduce Wonder Woman somehow. And introduce Cyborg somehow. And most likely Batman & Superman will end up teaming up before the end of the movie to fight a central villain. And the Justice League forming at the end. All in under 2 and a half hours.

7. Default Re: Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice

Hype

8. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

They are saying the enhanced IMAX trailer has Wonder Woman in it.

I cannot be more hyped for this movie. I hope it kicks off the DC Universe in all the right ways. I always prefered the Justice League to the Avengers.

9. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

Best movie coming in 2016. Seriously.

10. Default Re: Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice

I feel like I've seen too much from this trailer. Pretty hype though. Obligatory MY PARENTS ARE DEAD.

Also, pineapple Jesse Eisenberg.

11. Default Re: Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice

That looks amazing! Ben Affleck is gonna kill it as Batman and Wonder Woman seems like she'll be awesome too.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Ya know, after the whole Man of Steel fiasco, I'm hoping they can really redeem the MAN OF MURDER, and this is coming from a guy who loves Superman more than Batman in terms of ideals.

In all honesty, I feel this movie has a LOT riding on it, not even including Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill pressured to perform as well as previous Batmen/Supermen. You can already make a whole movie on just Batsy and Supes alone, but adding in Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman, and maybe Flash, there's a high risk of not giving the whole cast enough screentime and showtime and just becoming a huge clusterpineapple.

13. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

If you think Superman has only killed a villain in the Man of Steel movie and not in the comics/other movies you are going to have a bad time.
    At least Henry Cavill's Superman didn't fricking time traveled to solve all of his problems.
    And Zod's death is going to be a major plot regarding other villain in the DCU universe as well.

On the other note, from what has been said, all others will get nothing more than cameos other than Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, so I do not think the movie will feel that clustered.
    I am still against Ezra Miller as Barry Allen. He so does not look like Flash.

14. Default Re: Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice

http://i.imgur.com/kQzPVht.gifv

I've read a lot of the commentary that describes how this movie really comes back to answer questions and criticisms left in Man of Steel.
    One of the biggest criticisms as you guys point out was how Man of Steel probably had a deathtoll in the thousands, and Superman kills Zod. This was an origin story for Superman; how he came about from being a farmboy who had the power to save his father but had to watch him die, questioning his origins, what the right thing to do was, and how he should use his powers. It's even shown in this trailer, where his mom gives him that speech that he hasn't truly resolved to be a super hero, saving lives. As described in the trailer, he literally has the power to destroy the entire world. He's conflicted about what to use his power for. He spent much of Man of Steel searching for his origins, and on happenstance, saves people nearby that needed help. Now, after the destruction of Metropolis, people have so many expectations: for him to pay for the damage he caused or for him to save their lives.

I would expect that after the events of Man of Steel and this movie, he's resolved himself to become Superman; someone incorrigible in his ideals and morals, fighting for what he believes in, and always trying to save life.

A really good reddit post I read about the morality of Superman
    http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comme...perman/cszzgy6

Somewhat related:
    http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2305

15. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

This small thread should become the DCU thread.

Warner Bros. went ahead and released the trailer for "Suicide Squad" :

Joker, Harley Quinn, Amanda Waller and Killer Croc look spot on. Not sure on Will Smith as Deathshot.

It should be of note that this movie is both pre-Man of Steel and post-Man of Steel.

I am positive this movie will start with Robin's death.

16. Default Re: Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice

I am totally sold on Harley Quinn. Not only is she drop dead gorgeous, but her acting (the small bit we've seen) is totally on point. Also, don't get why everyone is hating on Leto's Joker. Looks pretty damn awesome to me, in a non-heath ledger way. Seriously I haven't been as hyped for a movie since the new star wars trailer, this better not be a let-down.

17. Default Re: Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice

FTFY

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

I can understand that in the comics Superman had to kill a person or two. It's just Man of Steel handled the execution of Supes origin story so poorly that trolls and haters have a ridiculous amount of fuel. As Joe showed in that reddit post, MoS was pessimistic/cynical about hope; it severely clashes with the theme of what Superman is supposed to be, without bolstering Superman's positive notes. I think Deconstruction is the closest thing I can attribute to Man of Steel. It's not like The Flash, where they managed to show the right way to make DC media.

If Grant Gustin gets to be the Flash, that'd be the best thing.

19. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

So the movie is out.

Critics are harshly reviewing the movie because "It's too serious" and "Batman kills".

I loved the movie. Really great acting overall and a lot of gooddies for the future of the DCU.

What do you guys think?

20. Default Re: Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice

I'm going to see it in a couple of hours, so I'll see how I feel about it.

As far as Batman killing, it's nothing new. Early/original versions of the Batman killed people regularly. Examples : http://www.cracked.com/article_20111...by-batman.html

His no-kill policy didn't come in until way later. Granted, the best version(s) of the Goddamn Batman are when he does not kill. In fact, he normally does his best to keep villains alive, unlike how Christopher Nolan's "Batman Begins" approaches the final send off of Ra's Al Ghul (whose name is pronounced incorrectly as well). A Batman that kills people won't deter me as much as it does to others, though it's definitely not my favorite version.