1. Default I am changing my opinion about Classic Maplestory

For Classic Maple I am thinking that a happy ending for it is to not be with GMS Nexon. (short of that branch of Nexon becoming like a different company) I am sure it is a bummer for anybody that wanted to play the classic game in its true form but just like some partnerships, alliances or gem fusions, certain relationships are simply not a good match.

As I see it, the Black Mage did Classic Maplestory a kindness and set it free. Of course the official story is different but the Black mage is my new hero.

2. Default Re: I am changing my opinion about Classic Maplestory

i am 12 and what is this

/* On a serious note, did anyone really think "Classic" MapleStory would re-emerge? It's a bad business plan and Nexon would never do that. */

3. Default Re: I am changing my opinion about Classic Maplestory

Taking everything into account, I don't think it needs to re-emerge. The Classic game lives on in the hearts and memories of its players which sounds cheesy but its good enough for me. A few have even gone so far as to make a personalized pizza slice version of the game at their own risk and expense.

There are examples of companies running old and new versions of games side by side but its kind of a case by case thing.

I can already picture part of the Black Mages backstory:
    Spoiler

4. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: I am changing my opinion about Classic Maplestory

Weak.

5. Default Re: I am changing my opinion about Classic Maplestory

I don't usually ask about the rationale of why pomegranates fly in my direction but for this thread, I sort of want to know.
    It is widely recognized that GMS Nexon does not perform as well as some of us would like.
    Why the down votes?

There are times when "bad guys" do things that end up having a positive result or that maybe counter something more bad. If Maplestory were a faction based game then the story could get very interesting.
    Spoiler

6. Default Re: I am changing my opinion about Classic Maplestory

when you see a new thread on SP but it's just a pikamemnon nostalgia goggles thread

7. Default Re: I am changing my opinion about Classic Maplestory

Making a classic server wouldn't be bad look at Runescape they run a classic and new option both are about equal in popularity.

8. Default Re: I am changing my opinion about Classic Maplestory

A nostalgia thread? Where?

Jokes on the side, I was one of the Classic players who was very closely watching the efforts to get Nexon to do an official server. All I can tell you about that is it did not end well.

Like watching a sporting event and it just turns into a complete blowout.
    As I alluded to before, in game terms the thought that I had was of a party getting wiped out.

When Nexon makes up a rule to specifically target a topic then you know that the suggestion is in trouble.
    When Nexon moves to a brand new forum and brings over said rule, there are not really a lot of ways to explain or escape that.
    Preventing spam sounds good on paper but a total ban about discussion of a Classic server?

When it comes to the saga of Classic Maplestory, Nexon wrote themselves in as the villains. They had ample time to reverse this role if they had wanted to but instead chose to wreck the last official bridge of public communication. I wish that the news were more positive but this trail of events looks like a Nexon created disaster and an utter disappointment at almost every level.

Maybe its fine if you only like the new maple but as far as I know, they still have not given a straight answer about a Classic or legacy server.
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2016-09-27 at 11:34 AM.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: I am changing my opinion about Classic Maplestory

It's not a "brand new forum", though. The platform is different but all the same people are there. If a certain person's single-mindedness grated too much on the nerves of the other regulars in the old forum, what reason is there to think they wouldn't mind it in the new?

Maybe Nexon should have handled it differently. Maybe they should have banned the spammer, not the topic. Maybe they should have banned the people flaming him. Maybe they should just have given him a clear answer, since he said he'd shut up if they said "not happening." I don't know. It's not the first or last time Nexon has mismanaged their official forums.
    Either way, once they made the rule, it seems natural that they'd carry it over to the new platform.
    But if you choose to see that as the final closing of the door, I'm certainly not going to try to convince you to keep posting about it.

10. Default Re: I am changing my opinion about Classic Maplestory

Yes, almost any of those alternatives would have been better. Honestly after reading this, I would be willing to nominate you to take over the leadership of Nexon.

Except that the decision would fall to the Black Mage, who would have ultimate power.

With a face like this, how can anyone stay mad at him?
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2016-09-27 at 03:12 PM.

11. Default Re: I am changing my opinion about Classic Maplestory

Double posting because, SHENANIGANS!

This thread is way too serious and depressing so I am going to change my opinion about the OP once again. My really real choice is that the Black mage would rule all and make the policy changes so, all hail the Black mage!

While I am thinking about it, I actually would like to see Zero get a quest dialogue where Alpha & Beta can choose between joining the Black Mage or not. Depending on what you choose then the story for the game could change too. (but probably only for your own character)